helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Minna76

Symptom increase in the heat???

12 posts in this topic

My symptoms are on my left side only. Mainly rigidity and slowness in my arm and slightly in my leg. I'm not sure if I'm dreaming but I think my symptoms have been worse since summer has started? Does anyone notice that happens with rigidity and slowness when in the heat?

TIA 

Edited by Minna76

I do much better in heat. Cold makes everything stiff and slow.  Even very hot is better than any cold.

Hi Minna76,

i feel worse in the cold.I have similar symptoms like you,mainly on the left side.What medication/s are you on?Do they/does it help with your symptoms?

My DH cannot tolerate the heat . He is now in a Nursing home which is seven months today. He loves to sit outside. We live in MN. When he was still here at his house, he would zone out when he got over heated. We would have to rush him back into the house, put the fan on and cool him down. We soon found out that heat does indeed affect PD. He worked outdoors a lot, also was a Pipefitter at the UofM and worked down in the tunnels which were extremely hot. Never bothered him and he retired at age 65. Five years later he was told he had PD. So now when it is anything over 80 degrees with humidity he knows he cannot go out. The Nursing home is aware of this, and also have three other residents there with PD that react the same. 

Thanks for all the input!!! 

I tremor lots in the cold, when typically I don't have a tremor but the past month or so I'm just slower.

OTOLORIN...I only take 1 mg of azilect to hopefully help slow progression. Exrercise is my current medication for symptoms and has been working since last May when I was Dx. I did notice feeling like this last summer too so maybe it's my thing. It's tolerable but noticeable. 

I exercise too,Azilect worked for me for few months.The effect on slow progression of Azilect,however is controversial.We all hope for slow progression and ultimately,a cure.Currently on C/L,but will try mucuna puriens herb and cut down C/L with the help of my MD.

Thanks for your response.

1 person likes this

If only my body was as simple as an automobile:  I would have the service writer put up a work order on that '58 Ford.  Needs new thermostat. Won't warmup in the winter and won't cool down in the summer. \

jb

1 person likes this

I spent a hot day in the sun on Friday trying to get the grass all cut, and things cleaned up for the weekend.  The heat really does wear me out. I remember feeling like this in last summers heat.   I think that I need to be careful not to do too much on the hot humid days.  I used to be able to work in the heat all day long.  Another limitation is working its way in.,

1 person likes this