helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Rainbow

Early Parkinson

Rainbow    1

Hi All.My mom has recently been diagnosed with early stage Parkinson. Dr. did not prescribe Levodoba kind of medicine. She is using pexola. Do you think is that beneficial for her health?thank you.What kind of prescripton medicines or/ multivitamins do you use for early stage of Parkinson? Did you  see any benefits?

waruna01    52

Ashwaghanda, Magnesium, Vit D, Brahmi are good natural supplements. She can also try mucuna which is essentially natural levedopa before taking precesiption medication later on if that helps. Plus exercise daily

• Like 1

MurrayPD2    219

C0-Q10 and Fish Oil can also help.  You still have to be careful with supplements too.  For instance, Ashwaghanda isn't for me, but it may be an interaction with my medication.  It is hard to tell. 

• Like 1

Rainbow    1
22 hours ago, MurrayPD2 said:

C0-Q10 and Fish Oil can also help.  You still have to be careful with supplements too.  For instance, Ashwaghanda isn't for me, but it may be an interaction with my medication.  It is hard to tell. 

thank you!!

LAD    215

Get her into a PD specific exercise program....it's one of the best things she can do.  There are lots out there.  I do a program called PWR! ...you can get info about it at www.pwr4life.org....I love it and it's training for your body and your mind...and definitely easily modified for any fitness level. 

I'm not sure where your mom is located but the website has a place to search for instructors/therapists in your area.

Good luck...

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

Rainbow    1
On 7/20/2017 at 11:55 AM, LAD said:

Get her into a PD specific exercise program....it's one of the best things she can do.  There are lots out there.  I do a program called PWR! ...you can get info about it at www.pwr4life.org....I love it and it's training for your body and your mind...and definitely easily modified for any fitness level. 

I'm not sure where your mom is located but the website has a place to search for instructors/therapists in your area.

Good luck...

LAD

Thanks!!