helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
noah

meditation

noah    66

Does any one know of any meditations for people with PD.  I use meditation to calm my wiggles before bed. I thought there might me one geared to pt with PD

Beau's Mom    1,051

Mine is not specific to PD. It has worked for me for six years. The app is called Meditation Oasis.

Dianne

• Like 1

Beau's Mom    1,051

I use Beyond Pain and Deep Rest almost daily. Let it Be and Resting in the Source are also favorites. I've used the Grief Meditation for big losses like the death of my son, and smaller losses like not being able to eat what I want when I want to.  If you are new to relaxation and meditation, I would listen to Breath Awareness and Body Awareness to learn the basics.

I'm sure you will find your own favorites.

Dianne

• Like 1

em45    13

Hi Dianne ..yes i totally recommend relaxation  Meditation and especially the Grief Meditation as it has and still helps me get through the death of my husband .

take care everybody

Em

• Like 1

Linda Garren    734

Here are some on-line sites with music of different kinds for relaxation.  I just listened to the first one with the porpoises swimming. It's gorgeous. 

What a good idea to go to sleep (or be calmed during the day) by relaxing, restful, meditative, soothing music.  It's like stepping into a different world, isn't it.

Edited by Linda Garren

Linda Garren    734

So glad you felt that, too, Lorraine.  There are several others I have wanted to post, but I think I need to go back and use the URLs instead of the site address....  :-)  In the meantime, here is one of them: 

Linda Garren    734

Was looking for a nice rendition of Clair De Lune which is just so gorgeous and restful to listen to.  Ran across Victor Borge performing  it and went no further in my search!  He does a magnificent job.  (I'll get back to the regular meditation sites I had wanted to share tomorrow.)

Edited by Linda Garren

Linda Garren    734