Jump to content
helplinedonate
  • Announcements

    • ForumAdmin

      Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

      Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

      Recursos Nuevos en Español

      http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
italy52

Restore Gold

Recommended Posts

miracleseeker    676

We know you mean well but Dave has an excellent point here.   Your opinion is tainted due to your affiliation with the company that makes it so  sorry about that. :(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrFritz    110
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, miracleseeker said:

Fred,

My mom was on less PD meds than you before she hit the 5 year mark.  I think the true test for you is how you will progress from here on out with or without   UDCA.   Good luck to you!

Yes, I know and I wish you and your mom only the best. However, here is where you are not correct. It does not matter how much or what medications I take nor the degree of PD symptoms I have. In fact, the amount of my PD's progression is also of no concern. What matters is that almost immediately after starting UDCA my PD symptoms almost evaporated and remained that way for nearly 4 years without any change in medications. Now, some tremor has returned but it is nothing significant like my pre-UDCA tremors. So I am still on UDCA and I intend to continue its use well into the foreseeable future. One thing is certain and that is UDCA has caused me no harm.

Fred

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveN    430
9 hours ago, jds6958 said:

Very well. I apologize. I was simply trying to be helpful according to the thread topic. I will not make any more comments.

JDS,

I'm not suggesting you refrain from participating in the forum. Although, I have noticed that the only time you participate is to support and push the products that you sell. I found it interesting that you felt the need to reach out to your testimonials to post on this site to support your product.

I've had Parkinson's for several years now. I take only what is prescribed by my doctor. Like your testimonials, my doctor is very pleased with my current state. You would not know that I have Parkinson's if you met me. Sometimes you just have to give the doctors and the medicine prescribed to you some time to settle in. It took over a year to stabilize everything and yes even turn back the clock on some symptoms.

Dave

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miracleseeker    676

I hear what you are saying Fred.  Hopefully you can even decrease the C/L although I remember you said before that you didn't want to rock the boat so you will keep things the way they are.  Time will tell how this will work out.   More power to you.

Dave -  I know you have gone through quite a bit of trial and error to finally fine tune the meds to keep you going.  You also have one of the best doctors out there. Please keep us in the loop of what he knows is coming through the pipeline that he would be enthusiastic about for the rest of us.  Thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
10 hours ago, miracleseeker said:

We know you mean well but Dave has an excellent point here.   Your opinion is tainted due to your affiliation with the company that makes it so  sorry about that. :(

 

 

Yes, I know. In my first post, I said my post was going to be biased and I fully disclosed my relationship with WHP. I made every attempt to be transparent and fair. There is no hard feelings. If my expertise on Restore Gold brings no value to a thread about Restore Gold, then my comments are not necessary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
1 hour ago, DaveN said:

JDS,

I'm not suggesting you refrain from participating in the forum. Although, I have noticed that the only time you participate is to support and push the products that you sell. I found it interesting that you felt the need to reach out to your testimonials to post on this site to support your product.

I've had Parkinson's for several years now. I take only what is prescribed by my doctor. Like your testimonials, my doctor is very pleased with my current state. You would not know that I have Parkinson's if you met me. Sometimes you just have to give the doctors and the medicine prescribed to you some time to settle in. It took over a year to stabilize everything and yes even turn back the clock on some symptoms.

Dave

I fully understand, and thank you for your comments. The OP was looking for people who take RG. I helped provide that. Parkinson's and RG is something I understand very well and I considered it to be a moment in which I could contribute. I don't have time to participate in many other posts. I run a full time international Christian ministry and I am quite busy. I only stepped in because the thread was brought to my attention and I felt that it was a moment I could help. I was wrong, and I am sorry. I am happy to hear that you are doing well with Parkinson's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miracleseeker    676

We are all busy people but we all try and take time out to help and give opinions when we can.  You have a lot of knowledge and you do extensive research on this disease.   We can really learn from what you know but if you can do so without selling your products then it's a win win for us all.  However if you feel you have better use of your time then we understand.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
1 hour ago, miracleseeker said:

We are all busy people but we all try and take time out to help and give opinions when we can.  You have a lot of knowledge and you do extensive research on this disease.   We can really learn from what you know but if you can do so without selling your products then it's a win win for us all.  However if you feel you have better use of your time then we understand.  

That all makes sense, and I understand what your are saying. Ministry is my #1 passion and always will be. Helping with WHP simply became a secondary passion of mine because I was diagnosed with PD and what came out of that. I credit Fred for leading me on a path that changed my quality of life and I have told him that. It is difficult to feel like you know something that can help people with PD and literally change lives, and not talk about it. It almost seems wrong. Such motivation is also behind my passion for ministry and helping people less fortunate. I fully understand from your vantage point that you do not trust RG or the reasoning behind it. I also understand that you do not believe it can help. I respect that. I desire to help people with PD in the way I know how and have seen and experienced with my own eyes. I do feel that ministry is what is supposed to consume nearly all of my time. WHP is only about 1% of what I do with my time and will never be more than that. 

From time to time I do help with the writing of blogs for PD, which I feel reaches more people than simply 1:1 conversations. While PD is horrible there are people in much worse shape than PD, and that is indeed where I spend most of my time. If I am going to take time out of that to help those with PD it is going to be in the way in which I feel I feel a real difference can be made. I am sure that is all understandable. I am sure I will pop in from time to time.

I am humbled by your statement that you believe I can help in other ways, but I am not too sure. Everything I know about PD is related to the problems on the cellular level, and how to possibly address each of those issues at the root cause. Like I said before, my posts are rather biased to my particular study and the outcome of that study.

This is a good board and with some good knowledgable people on it. It serves the PD community well and I am glad to see that it exists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Linda Garren    752

JDS, for what it's worth, I appreciate your efforts to offer your product and am so sorry for the rough treatment you are getting here.  It''s very hard when people judge so harshly.  I very much appreciate the respect you show in each of your replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pdmanaz    49

Not sure what you are referring to exactly. We operate in the red slightly intentionally.This is so we can make RG so affordable as compared to the alternative of buying all ingredients separately. .This is so we can make RG so affordable as compared to the alternative of buying all ingredients separately. For example, RG costs with 7 ingredients about as much as buying the same dosage of TUDCA alone. The only way we can do that is to operate with nearly no margin. WHP was formed to help those with PD. I suppose if RG was not available we would all have to go back to buying the ingredients separately at nearly double the cost.

 

No company operates in the red intentionally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
35 minutes ago, pdmanaz said:

Not sure what you are referring to exactly. We operate in the red slightly intentionally.This is so we can make RG so affordable as compared to the alternative of buying all ingredients separately. .This is so we can make RG so affordable as compared to the alternative of buying all ingredients separately. For example, RG costs with 7 ingredients about as much as buying the same dosage of TUDCA alone. The only way we can do that is to operate with nearly no margin. WHP was formed to help those with PD. I suppose if RG was not available we would all have to go back to buying the ingredients separately at nearly double the cost.

 

No company operates in the red intentionally

Exactly. It is appreciated that you noticed that. No company offers their product for 50% less than they have to either. We also give away three months of RG every month to people who cannot afford it, simply because we can, and we want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
1 hour ago, Linda Garren said:

JDS, for what it's worth, I appreciate your efforts to offer your product and am so sorry for the rough treatment you are getting here.  It''s very hard when people judge so harshly.  I very much appreciate the respect you show in each of your replies.

That is very kind, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrFritz    110

What some may not have picked up on is that Jon (jds6958) runs a ministry, not a company. As I understand it, there is no profit motive and the ministry underwrites any loses. 

Fred 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miracleseeker    676
1 hour ago, jds6958 said:

Exactly. It is appreciated that you noticed that. No company offers their product for 50% less than they have to either. We also give away three months of RG every month to people who cannot afford it, simply because we can, and we want to.

That's wonderful!!!   Could people on this forum who cannot afford it send you a PM to get them for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
Just now, miracleseeker said:

That's wonderful!!!   Could people on this forum who cannot afford it send you a PM to get them for free?

Yes...we have an open ongoing contest on the WHP FB page. That is the easiest way to apply. We randomly select several people a month. I cannot guarantee I will always see PM's here, but I can try to stay on top of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Linda Garren    752
47 minutes ago, MrFritz said:

What some may not have picked up on is that Jon (jds6958) runs a ministry, not a company. As I understand it, there is no profit motive and the ministry underwrites any loses. 

Fred 

Very well said, Fred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jds6958    32
1 hour ago, MrFritz said:

What some may not have picked up on is that Jon (jds6958) runs a ministry, not a company. As I understand it, there is no profit motive and the ministry underwrites any loses. 

Fred 

Thank you Fred. The ministry is a 501c3, so it does not supplement WHP, but any gaps in WHP is picked up by me, and several other supporters that have benefited from RG and wish it to benefit others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrFritz    110
17 minutes ago, jds6958 said:

Thank you Fred. The ministry is a 501c3, so it does not supplement WHP, but any gaps in WHP is picked up by me, and several other supporters that have benefited from RG and wish it to benefit others.

Very nice of you et al indeed. Keep up the good work. 

Fred 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jul    4

Regarding RG, color me skeptical.  I happen to live next door to a con artist/sociopath who touts herself as a great humanitarian and runs a profitable 510(c)3.  Most charities/ministries are probably legit, but the genre attracts an outsized share of sociopaths.  I've learned that one the hard way - I didn't even know what sociopath meant before I moved here!

Still, good luck to all - we all want to preserve our precious brain cells - every single one!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miracleseeker    676

There's a sucker born every minute.   Desperate people are vulnerable to what they hope will help them.   It's sad.  Welcome Jul.

My dad was in Stage 4  liver cancer when he was diagnosed.  That was the first time I ever knew anyone with cancer.   I went to a vitamin store and the owner insisted that a supplement he offered would cure him.  It cost me $75 a bottle and that was over 25 years ago.  I was barely making minimum wage then but because I wanted to believe him so badly that I bought 2 bottles.  My dad passed away 3 months later.   What a shock that it didn't cure him right?  Looking back now I should have realized that if such a thing really existed then everyone could be cancer free by taking it.

Edited by miracleseeker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×