helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Melissab

Does anyone else have dreams ABOUT your PD?

I am newly diagnosed with early onset PD (38 years old). For some time before my diagnosis I had vivid dreams of trying to run but being unable to move my legs quickly enough. Since diagnosis I have had several dreams of similar nature and even some of falling and being unable to right myself. I'm not concerned about these dreams, as my dreams are almost always vivid and somewhat scary, but I find them interesting, both in that they preceded a diagnosis and that they continue. Anyone else? 

I've had dreams like that most of my life. In talking to other people I feel these type dreams are somewhat common.

I have had dreams after diagnose of telling other people I have PD

• Like 1

Same here. Very vivid dreams after starting levodopa therapy. I now have dreams in which my PD plays a role, such as explaining to people why I'm shaking or cannot run.

I dream about everything BUT my PD. I'm usually kicking a wild, attacking animal. About that time my wife is waking me up and yelling at me to stop kicking her...

Edited by MusicMan

I have also had some vivid dreams prior to diagnosis. I attributed it to Sleep Apnea until I was diagnosed with PD. The dreams have progressed some from 5 years ago. Meaning they have become more vivid and intense. I have any thing from fist fight to apocalypse world ending. Some time takes me a minute to realize what reality I am in after waking but usually dose not bother me.

I haven't been diagnosed but i'm going in for some type of testing over the next two weeks by my neurologist. I can tell you that I've had vivid dreams of fighting and kicking since about 2014. My wife said she thought it was sleep apnea, so i got tested and they found i have a mild case of it. I got a Cpap machine and that seems to have quieted things down and my wife says she's not afraid to sleep with me anymore. The dreams have mostly stopped, but not entirely. It's either I'm having a karate battle (haven't had this one in a while) or i dream I'm paralyzed in a box or a field and the surrounding scenery is moving some. I just had this dream two weeks ago..

the karate dreams have faded out mostly -  but I didn't think much of them since I used to have a 2nd degree black belt in karate and was a state champion (amateur). For a longtime, my wife was after me to get it checked out. 

I just went to the neurologist last week because of right hand tremors, funny handwriting, and intermittent dropping things.

-s

Edited by Superdecooper

I have no idea if I dream about PD, or anything else for that matter.  I can only recall maybe a couple dozen times since I was in my mid-teens that I could recall any dreams at all, good or bad.  Seriously, it's maybe once a year that I have a dream that I can recall even having, never mind the details, when I first wake up.  And it doesn't matter if I'm waking up frequently during the night, or sleeping like a log for over 10 hours straight.  Doesn't matter if I'm sick or (PD aside) healthy, if I remember or forget my meds, or any other circumstance.

Hearing about other people's dreams I kind of think that I might be lucky in this regard.  I could be having horrid nightmares every single night, and I have no idea when I wake up.  Though, if I'm having dreams about good things I probably would like to remember those.

Sometimes they aren't so bad. I had one dream I was fighting on an airborne flaming pirate ship. Now that was supercool!.

I'm not sure what dimension I was in, but wow!

-s