helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Gene

nausea from sinemet

Gene    0

Is nausea a common side effect of sinemet and if so what would you recommend for treating it? Also is a strange acrid smell common to sinemet usage?  I'm on Sinemet 25/100 Two tablets every 3hrs for 5 doses.

Thank you and keep up the good work. Your forum is wonderful

MComes RPH    182

There are a couple things you could try. One is a product called Lodosyn. It is pure carbidopa. Carbidopa was originally added to levodopa to limit the nausea related to levodopa. Lodosyn can be prescribed by your Dr and in no way will interfere with the effectiveness of the levodopa.

The other option may be to eat something small, like crackers, popcorn,  etc... something light. This should have little effect on the absorption is the medications,  as long as it is not protein. 

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.