helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

MComes RPH    182

Hello everyone,

I will be on vacation moving my daughter to college. I will be able to start answering questions on Wednesday August 24tg.

Thank you for understanding, 

Mark

MComes RPH    182

Linda,

I had a great time ,but it was bittersweet.  It is my eldest daughter who went away, but I still have my 14 year old daughter to keep me busy.

I know we have given her the tools to make sound decisions,  just like my parents did with me. I was the first person in my blood relation family to go to school. Talk about pressure.

I told her that college isblike no other experience in the world. You will meet people from all over the world who may have the same or different beliefs as you. No matter what, you can learn from anyone and if you show respect, you will get respect in return.

I did tell her the most important things to keep in mind are to have fun and absorb all that you can.

Thanks for asking.

MComes RPH    182

Otolorin,

I did have a great time. I knew this day was coming, but did not realize how quickly it got here. She is a great kid and I know we have instilled great morals and values in her. But, like I told her, now is the time for her to apply them for herself.

Thanks for checking in.

Linda Garren    752
On 8/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, MComes RPH said:

Linda,

I had a great time ,but it was bittersweet.  It is my eldest daughter who went away, but I still have my 14 year old daughter to keep me busy.

I know we have given her the tools to make sound decisions,  just like my parents did with me. I was the first person in my blood relation family to go to school. Talk about pressure.

I told her that college is like no other experience in the world. You will meet people from all over the world who may have the same or different beliefs as you. No matter what, you can learn from anyone and if you show respect, you will get respect in return.

I did tell her the most important things to keep in mind are to have fun and absorb all that you can.

Thanks for asking.

Very touching and great advice to her.  I have a feeling your daughters will not only do just fine but may well be very good role models for the other students.  Peers have so much influence in each others' lives.

MComes RPH    182

I agree about the influence of peers. I have involved them in many organizations and events to help out the less fortunate or people in need. To them I am just "Dad,' not a dad with Parkinson's. But we do go to the Unity Walk in New York every year, which they enjoy. They have both lead their classes in community service awards every year, which to me is better than an "A" in any class. I believe we have instilled the correct morals so that they both become leaders and not just followers, and also to look out and help others who cannot look out for themselves.

Thank you for the jolt of confidence. I know there may be bumps along the way, but I know we have prepared them well.

Mark