Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • ForumAdmin

      Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

      Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

      Recursos Nuevos en Español

      http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

Parkinson and hand tremor

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for a lot of questions! My mom is currently on Pramipexola 0.375 mg ER. She is diagnosed PD in July 17. I just talked to her. she is doing great but her hand tremor did not go completely and I think it is bothering her. Is there any home remedies that she can do herself to lessen her tremors? Any special exercise techniques, herbal or natural remedies other than drugs. She will see her doctor in December. I also wonder how often does she need to see her doctor? (which is not covered by the insurance) Does she need to see her doctor every other month?


Edited by Rainbow

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have your mother assessed for Dystonia.  This condition is also associated with hand tremors.  Dystonia may present alone or in conjunction with Parkinson's disease.  Good Luck!





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello dmCwolfe, She saw a good neurologist and I believe he evaluated for Dystonia. Is that evaluated by a neurologist? Is there any special test for that that needs to be done or just doctor observation? Thank you for the reply!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now