helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sconklin87

Anxiety/Tremor Help

So it's been about two months since I've started noticing tremors in my arms and legs, but last night's episode was crazy and the anxiety that came with it was the most I've ever felt.

The tremors started about 30 minutes to an hour after I had a cup of coffee from Starbucks (around 6 p.m. trying to wake myself up and finish my work) and about an hour into the tremors I experienced severe anxiety, which I've been having lately anyway but this was on a completely different level.

The severe symptoms lasted about 4 hours then had light tremors the rest of the night and could not fall asleep until 4:30 a.m. because any time I would close my eyes and drift off to sleep it felt like something was jumping around in my head. I've been having these sensations at night regardless for the past month and have turned to OTC sleeping pills to help me fall asleep.

* Note: I have not yet been diagnosed wth PD, but the physical and psychological symptoms I've been experiencing over the last few months make me think that I have it. An internal medicine doctor diagnosed me with essential tremors and neurologist said it was BFS, but didn't think I had PD but that was about 4 weeks ago since my visit. I've scheduled a follow-up appointment for next week.

In the interim, are there any OTC vitamins or supplements that any of you have taken to help with the tremors/twitching/anxiety? I've been taking Magnesium (500 MG twice a day) and B12 (1000 mcg once a day). A couple times a week I will also take epsom salt baths, but neither seems to be helping at the moment.

I suggest you to try with CBD drops (Cannabidiol).. It helps for anxiety, panic attacks, depression,... Try to search for anxiety support group on facebook, there is a lot of good advices that people share..

21 hours ago, Sconklin87 said:

* Note: I have not yet been diagnosed wth PD, but the physical and psychological symptoms I've been experiencing over the last few months make me think that I have it. An internal medicine doctor diagnosed me with essential tremors and neurologist said it was BFS, but didn't think I had PD but that was about 4 weeks ago since my visit. I've scheduled a follow-up appointment for next week.

Your symptoms don't sound like PD.  PD normally starts on one side and progresses slowly.   Your symptoms are on both sides and have progressed at lightning speed.  I can't quite understand why you want PD so badly.  You can have mine, I can't say that I'm enjoying it.

Be careful what you wish for!

Edited by PatriotM

I don't want PD, actually it's one of the last things I want, but anytime I research my symptoms it is always the first thing that comes up. I can't explain the changes that are going on in my body and I understand the disease affects others differently. Is it not possible for PWP to feel tremors on both sides of the body within the first couple of months of noticing symptoms? 

It was the first week of August that I noticed finger twitching in my left ring finger (also one of the first symptoms Michael J. Fox had) and left thumb. Since then, I've had the same involuntary rhythmic movements in that finger every single day and I feel sensations in my thumb. There are also some light tremors from time to time at rest in the left arm. The left side leg has a more pronounced tremor/trembling, especially in the evenings. I get a similar feeling in my right leg, but it's less pronounced. My right hand is pretty normal, but have an occasional tremor. 

Two things I noticed that had crazy effects on my body where I would constantly shake and have an increased level of anxiety:

1. After exercising for 90 minutes playing baseball

2. Drinking a cup of coffee

These two things have routinely been parts of my life for at least the last 10 years. 

I'm going to talk with the neurologist about the continued symptoms and go from there. 

Maybe switch to de-caf.  PD or not if you're that sensitive to caffeine probably a good idea to cut it out.

I feel for you, I have similar symptoms and have not been diagnosed either. Anxiety is not your friend right now PD or not. 

First off I have cut all sugar and caffeine from my diet. Secondly there are a number of supliments you can try. I have had positive results from 5-Htp, Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha and Melatonin for sleep. You probably will only be able to find 5-Htp and Melatonin at your local pharmacy. The others I had to order. 

5-Htp can be taken in the day or higher doses at night to help sleep. Keep up with your other supplements as well. 

Most importantly keep your mind calm. The more you research PD and other possibilities your mind will race only adding to your anxiety and symptoms. I have done this and still battle how much time to research. Actual PD can take months maybe even years to diagnose it seems so best thing we can do in the meantime is learn to control the anxiety, exercise and trust our doctors.

• Like 1

Check out Functional Neurologic disorder which is an umbrella for dystonia,IBS and other neurologic issues including tremor. It is more common sudden onset than PD and there is a huge overlap in symptoms.  It is very commonly misdiagnosed as PD or ET. I believe I have both PD and FND (dystonia/functional paralysis). https://fndhope.org/fnd-guide/symptoms/involuntary-movements/

If you feel you are more likely FND check out Dr. Joaquin Farias' work. http://www.fariastechnique.com I saw him in May and the man is amazing.  I am improving with his rehab work.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:52 AM, rogershenegoy said:

I suggest you to try with CBD drops (Cannabidiol).. It helps for anxiety, panic attacks, depression,... Try to search for anxiety support group on facebook, there is a lot of good advices that people share..

Do they ship to the US?