helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
MComes RPH

Sorry for the delay

Hello everyone,

I had a family emergency with my father out of town and I needed to be with him 24/7 since September 26th.

Everything came out good so I am now on my way home. I will be back on the Forum Wednesday answering questions. 

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and delay, but I really needed to focus on my dad during his time of need.

Thank you for understanding, 

~Mark

5 hours ago, MComes RPH said:

Hello everyone,

I had a family emergency with my father out of town and I needed to be with him 24/7 since September 26th.

Everything came out good so I am now on my way home. I will be back on the Forum Wednesday answering questions. 

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and delay, but I really needed to focus on my dad during his time of need.

Thank you for understanding, 

~Mark

Prayers to you and your family. Glad all is well. 

LAD

LAD,

Thank you so much for the well wishes. He is living proof that if you keep moving (ie, walking, stretching, low impact exercise, etc...) will help you in the long run. The oddest issue about this is that he had an appointment for later in October to get a full knee replace, but since he fell of a ladder and cracked the femural head behind his kneecap they decided to do the knee replacement now. 

He has always been active. He refereed basketball games for high school, college, and professional basketball games for 27 years, he also umpired baseball for little league, pony league, and college baseball, ran in 5K races starting at the age of 45, All State basketball player in Michigan three years in a row, helped my brother and I to become All State Baseball players (my brother pitching and me playing short stop), and may other things I just can not remember right now. He helped me so much in baseball that I received a fully paid for scholarship to the University of Michigan and I was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds as a junior in high school. Well, the scholarship to University of Michigan was revoked and the draft of the Cincinnati Reds was never extended due to the fact that while I was playing Summer baseball another team called me and asked me to play because they needed a shortstop. I love baseball and it was my drug of choice. during that game, there was a ground ball hit between the third baseman and me, the shortstop. I ran back to the outfield grass behind the third baseman to make the play. I gloved it and jumped up, while still facing away from first base where I had to throw it. One this acrobatic play I did get the player out, but I also tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder 80% of the way through it.

But, I give all the credit to my dad. He was and is my hero. He stands for what he believes, is willing to help anyone at anytime, and has one of the greatest sense of humors I have ever known.

Sorry I went down the rabbit hole for a second. First and foremost, my dad is 78 years old. Never drank alcohol or smokes. He walks 5 miles every day, even in the winter at Planet Fitness, and did so the day before his surgery. It is because he has stayed active that his recovery time will be half of the "normal" patient. He is in great spirits. 

My Goodness, Marc!  You should send this in to something...maybe Reader's Digest, at the very least??  I can't imagine they would not want to publish it, especially if you wrote it up in story form.

Glad to hear your dad is doing better. 

Linda,

I have been published many times, but most of those are in medical journals. I try my best to keep my personal thoughts and situations out of the forum, but I truly feel that all of us are friends and I really wanted everyone to know why my answers may be delayed. I have truly had a blessed life, even though I am 49 years old and have been diagnosed with PD 20 years ago at age 29.

Thanks for the confidence, I do appreciate it.

Well, we think of you as part of our family here.  Everything you have shared of a personal nature has been so inspiring.  Hope  you always feel free to share with us.

Linda,

Running this forum is therapy for me also and I am glad that I am allowed to help so many people.

Thank you for the kind words.

Otolorin,

Thank you for the kind words. This is something I really enjoy.