helplinedonate
Tamara

http://pdrecovery.org/updates-latest-research/

Twisted ankle causes Parkinson's Disease - sounds kind of ridiculous.  On the other hand, it's probably as good a guess as any of today's researchers have.  The bottom line is that no-one knows what causes PD.  A twisted ankle; a stubbed toe; or a nasty corn might just be it!  So, what it the cure?  A good pedicure or a foot massage?  LOL!

Yes, Sherrie, I have an active meditation practice that keeps my mind focused on God. It is sometimes the only thing that reduces my symptoms when all medical interventions have failed.

Dianne 

i too have put my faith in god

although I may not be cured I know I am not alone

• Like 1

beaus mom what kind of things do you use for meditations.

do you really find it helps your symptoms

I began in 2011 with guided meditations from Meditation Oasis. There are more than 40 to choose from. My favorite was Beyond Pain; it helped me learn not to resist the changes happening in my body. Through the years I have used most of them. Then they released iSleep Easy, which allowed me to sleep through the night. 

I practiced meditation at a deeper and more personal level through participation and practicing the principles of A Course in Miracles. I was able to identify and release faulty perceptions that kept me stuck in the role of feeling that I was a victim.

In 2015, I joined a group of Christian Mystics in Seattle. As an active student of the Order of the Mystical Christ and attendance at services at Sophia Wisdom Centers, I continue to grow spiritually and am learning to focus on the Love and Light that we are all created to be. As my signature suggests, I recognize that I am not simply a body with PD. I'm here on Earth to learn spiritual lessons through my experiences and to share what I have learned with others.

Thank you for asking. I had no idea that I would answer your question this way today. It feels good. I am happy! 

Dianne  

On 3/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, Sherrie said:

Wow! So has anyone tried talking to God until they felt safe and noticed their symptoms improve? 

NO