helplinedonate
Shaker Dave

Interesting cannabis study

It IS interesting, but it's also coming from a source with a vested interest in a positive outcome.

I still try pot every now and then, but haven't received any great results when I do. I actually tend to feel worse, but it could be the strain, or just me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodriguezsmith said:

Really interesting! One of my office colleagues is looking for the licensed marijuana dispensaries in San Jose to get quality cannabis products to get rid of Parkinson’s disease his mother is suffering from.

You can not get rid of Parkinson's disease.  It is an incurable neurological degenerative disease of the brain.  The only thing known to slow down the disease is exercise.

Dave

There are so many misconceptions regarding Marijuana. I believe we are right on the cusp of discovering the practical benefits of MJ. I find it interesting that so many people talk about trying it once or twice and didn't see any results or immediate benefits that they could measure so they stopped using it. Questions. Did you see immediate results from any PD drug with just one dose or so? Like anything else, MJ will have to become part of the dosage routine as any other PD meds to see any real and lasting benefits.

Indica strains are known for being physically sedating, perfect for relaxing with a movie or as a nightcap before bed. Sativas typically provide more invigorating, uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity, social gatherings, and creative projects. Hybrids tend to fall somewhere in between the indica-sativa spectrum, depending on the traits they inherit from their parent strains.

Because of these perceived differences, medical patients using cannabis to treat their symptoms and conditions may also consider a strain’s classification. A patient suffering from fatigue or depression may use a sativa during the day, and another treating pain and insomnia will likely choose an indica strain at nighttime. High-CBD strains, which are preferred by patients treating seizures, anxiety, pain, and a few other conditions – may be of either category, but offer little to no psychoactive effects.

If you are really interested go to the following link and get a real education about what Marijuana is and how it can work in the body.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/sativa-indica-and-hybrid-whats-the-difference-between-cannabis-ty

I tried smoking pot for 8 straight days and didn't find any beneficial changes. You'd think by the 8th day maybe I would appreciate something from it, but I didn't. Now I try it occasionally, but don't get anything either. I will say, I feel much better after drinking some alcohol, so for me, the "mind altering" effects of alcohol just seems to make me feel less pain. I believe that alcohol is a type of muscle relaxant, so that is probably why I feel looser and less rigid.

I spent the last six months extensively "testing" a wide range of cannabis strains. I found the best use for me is a sativa dominant for sleeping.  Did not derive a noticeable benefit for any other symptoms. I now use less than half a gram (3-4 puffs) per night at bedtime. I went from an average of 6 hours to 8 hours of sleep with 4-6 hours uninterrupted, and wake refreshed without any noticeable after-effects. Extremely pleased with the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1