helplinedonate
Waywrd1

Mylan C/L On Back Order?

Anyone else having problems getting a refill? 

Mylan told me today that 25/100 and 50/200 ER are back ordered since early Oct, resupply "maybe" the week of Nov 13th. 

10/100 has been back ordered since late Sept, resupply in "maybe" mid-Dec.

Call your pharmacist now!!

LllWaywrd,

I filled my 50/200 CR by Mylan Brand filled 2 weeks ago at Kmart for #270. I also filled my Mylan Brand 25/100 for #720 at Kmart.

I did call 2 different Rite Aid stores. One had Activis CR, Mylan 25/100, and Mylan 10/100.

I will try and find out some more tomorrow. 

I hope this helps and please keep me posted

i'm also having problems getting those mylan drugs so settled for ACTIVIS CR which i tried maybe 2 years ago and thought  was less effective than MYLAN, haven't tried the new ACTIVIS CR RX  yet. my independent  pharmacy was able to get mylan 25/250 so asked my dr. to write a RX which he kindly did. 

i  think there's going to be more carbidopa/levodopa supply chain interruptions, either climate related like the hurricane which disrupted C/L in puerto rico, ingredient shortage related, other manufacturing problems or recalls so common sense says have at least some extra 25/100.    teva selling their generic teva 25/100 and 25/250 to MAYNE was not in the best interests of pd'ers to say the least since MAYNE also obtained activis  from TEVA and that's the C/L they are selling, not TEVA's formula.  at least that's my understanding.

This is a problem all over the country. When I spoke with pharmacist and the company's I get the same answer that it's on back order. I wlways recommend that patients get their refills as early as possible,  which is usually when about 80-85% of the medication is gone.

This will then allow you to be able to save up extra in case of an emergency. 

I hope this helps a little and please keep me posted.

Most every pharmacy has it's own warehouse to get medications from, this is their main source of medication.

Then, almost all pharmacies, except independent pharmacies, have a secondary wholesaler, which is usually McKesson or Cardnial.

Oddly enough, while I was writing this I received a phone call from my pharmacy telling me my generic Sinemet CR 50/200 by Mylan, with a 3 month supply (quantity of #270) was ready to pick up. I asked him to order another 6 bottles of 100 tablets (6 extra months for me) of the Mylan brand, and he was able to.

I talked with a friend of mine at Walgreens last night and he told me it was on backorder. Both of them use McKesson as their secondary wholesaler. 

This usually means that it is on a "first come, first serve basis. Since this appears to be the case, ask your pharmacist to check every morning, and night if they are willing to, to see if the generic you need is in stock

Make friends with your pharmacist, it can go a long way. To me, all of my customers were my friends.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted. 

• Like 1

My regular Costco is back in stock.  I found out that CVS has it's suppy independent from Costco and Walgreens.  Apparently they stockpiled ALOT of stuff for the Target purchase.  If you're having supply issues, check with them first.

An interesting note about Teva and it's Activas purchase.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/teva-pharmaceutical-to-cut-14-000-jobs-1513255533

Thanks for the information. I will just reiterate for others who are curious about medications being out of stock or back ordered. 

Every pharmacy usually has two  wholesalers. Their primary wholesaler is usually from their own company warehouse, and a secondary wholesaler which is usually McKesson or Cardinal. That is why I recommend to call other pharmacies in your area if your usual pharmacy is out of stock on your medication. 

Also, as Waywrd pointed out, you may have better luck at finding your medication at a bulk store (Costco or Sam's Club) because they order in bulk.

Another lesser know facts is that if you go to a chain pharmacy  (Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Meijer,  Kroger) is that most of them can check other pharmacies in the chain to see if they have your medication in stock. So if you normally go to Rite Aid on Main Street and they are out of stock on your medication, that store can look up the other Rite Aid stores on their computer to see if any other Rite Aid stores have your medication in stock.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.