helplinedonate
Melissab

Sharing an excercise program that is good for me

If you read my post on frustration finding PD supports that are actually accessible for young, working people, then you probably understand I’ve had to find alternatives to programs that work balance, core, strength, and stamina that fit into my schedule and that are comfortable to do. Tried yoga but for me that wasn’t enough movement. I run multiple times a week (though I’m far away from my marathon person of four years ago, sadly). Anyway,  I stumbled on a program available online since there are no studios by me and it’s pretty inexpensive. The best part is that they encourage shakes!! So I could probably attend an inperson class and not feel self conscious:). It’s called Barre3 and it incorporates Pilates like movements but also light weights, lots of repetition and a ton of balance work! Been doing it for almost a year and my MDS said my exercise regime is really a good one. Every time I do a workout I think of you guys that are on my boat so figured I’d share. Hopefully this doesn’t come off as a promotional thing, as it definitely isn’t, just want to share something helping me fill a gap. Take it or lose it :).

Edited by Melissab
Mistakes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The absolute best exercise program is one you like and will actually stick with.  Great to hear you found one that meets that description for you, and one that is effective for your particular PD related issues!

Always good to share things like that.  Likely there are plenty of people who are going to find inspiration from that experience.  

On 11/24/2017 at 1:36 AM, stump said:

The absolute best exercise program is one you like and will actually stick with.  Great to hear you found one that meets that description for you, and one that is effective for your particular PD related issues!

Always good to share things like that.  Likely there are plenty of people who are going to find inspiration from that experience.  

True! I do a program that includes PWRMoves (www.pwr4.life.org), boxing and dancing! 

Find something you love to do....I even help teach the class

LAD

Edited by LAD