helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
BillBRNC

Me Again. Q about Sinemet Adjustment

Dr. Okun, I have hit you with many question before, and I appreciate your responses. I have DLB, with full range of Parkinson stuff with the dementia stuff. I now in CCRC. Going for quality of life. My neurologist who has been following me for about 2 years has made these suggestions in response to my request to see if a different dosage or combination of Sinemet might work better for me. The current use is extended release at breakfast and dinner, nothing at lunch, and a fast acting at bedtime. I look for ways to reduce sick feeling in stomach mostly, but also maybe reduce some of the confusion in my head. Oh, some of my Parkinson stuff has started slowly coming back, such as some increase in balance issues, some return of cramping, and some return of painful joints and similar stuff. Any way, my neuro has suggested taking extended release  at breakfast, dinner and bedtime, and a fast acting at lunch. Doing this will allow him to slightly lower my daily dose of the bothersome stuff. His hope is to lesson my reactions lessen my reaction. What think you. Thaanks. bill                                                      

This is one option.  The other option for nausea is adding more carbidopa (lodosyn) or adding domperidone.

To titrate the dose and interval of Sinemet is the best approach (then monitor symptoms).  It takes time and partnership with your doc.

Hope that helps.

Dr.. Okun, again thank you very much for your wisdom. I still can't believe you give so much of your time to folks like me over the internet, but I thank you very much. Bill.