helplinedonate
LAD

This & that!

Some days can be difficult but stay hopeful.  Find peace, love & joy during the holiday season.

Peace-

LAD

27410163919_3ee7f9ec16_z.jpg

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

The holidays bring parties and gatherings. How do you deal with the " How are you doing?" Followed by "well, you look great..." Sometimes I respond with "Am I supposed to look bad?" It either breaks the ice or ends the conversation before it starts.

How are you doing is usually a rhetorical question. Nobody really wants to hear the real answer to the question.

Them, "How are you feeling?"

Me, "Great, I have been.........."

Them cuts off conversation "So I saw..............."

Most of the time I just respond with the expected "good" reply. If people really want to know the will follow up with a no, how are you really doing.

Just started the book Always Looking Up by Michael J Fox....good read so far...in it he says ....with PD sometimes you take 1 step forward and 2 Steps back ...make the 1 count and always look up....

LAD

12 hours ago, adams234 said:

One of the first books I read after DX. Very good book. Helped me remain positive.

I wish I had more time to read it!

On 1/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, adams234 said:

One of the first books I read after DX. Very good book. Helped me remain positive.

I'm enjoying the book. It hits home sometimes and I find myself crying. Not  sad but emotional. 

LAD

Has anyone read Lucky Man by MIchael J Fox (that was his first book I believe)....I think I got his 2nd book for Christmas and it's good but I feel like I should read them in order.  Thoughts?

LAD

I read them both, I think I enjoyed the first book more. Order of reading these only matter because he builds on what has happened since and things he talked about in the first one. I think reading the first one my add that "Ahh" effect to the why he mentioned things he did in his second book.

Hope this make as munch sense typed out as it did in my head when I wrote. Feeling tired and might be typing gibberish.

Blessings

25 minutes ago, adams234 said:

I read them both, I think I enjoyed the first book more. Order of reading these only matter because he builds on what has happened since and things he talked about in the first one. I think reading the first one my add that "Ahh" effect to the why he mentioned things he did in his second book.

Hope this make as munch sense typed out as it did in my head when I wrote. Feeling tired and might be typing gibberish.

Blessings

Thanks ! I'm going to order the first one.

I think that I enjoyed the second book a bit more. Both were good but..#2  was better for me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, em45 said:

Thank you LAD...you do lift my spirits.

Em

Thanks Em

feel free to add to this thread!!!

LAD

That is a good one LADy.  Back about 8 years ago we used to brainstorm parkinson slogans to put onto t shirts.  Fun it was!  that was about ten years ago.