helplinedonate
Maverick

B1 thiamine injections many studies done

Doctor could you please give us your opinion on B1 injection 100mg X 2 times a week. There's has been a few studies that have shown a positive outcome on this protocol. I'm a 42 y/o firefighter that got diagnosed with PD last year. Confirmed with dat scan . On sinement 5 times a day 25/100 with comtan and azilect 1mg. Just finishing my 20th year as a Lieutenant and now on light duty as I told work what I have. I'm based In Florida so it's not attached to the heart and lung bill in this state. I've been following you for a while and I'm very impressed by your passion and caring attitude for us. I go to the university of miami to be treated. It was a battle for the mds to put me on sinement and I pushed the issue hard. Why are they so against it? I know about the possibility of dykensias and I'll deal with that when it comes. It was the best decision I made to start sinement asap. I want to enjoy my life to the fullest and don't want to mess with the other agonist drugs (garbage) in my opinion of course. Sinement is the only effective course of action and it's in another league of its own compared to the others. Thanks again and Merry Christmas Doc

It should not be a battle to start Sinemet- this is the best drug overall for PD.  Levodopa phobia has taken over some practitioners but the evidence is that it is safe short and long term.

We do not recommend B1 shots unless deficient on blood testing.