helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
DestinyS

Sexual dysfunction

DestinyS

There's some literature on this from NPF. I just happened to read a bunch of stuff about ED in men and some sexual difficulties in women. There's issues surrounding low testosterone in men with PD. Apparently lack of dopamine in men allows prolactin to decrease the production of testosterone..and low T leads to ED in men.  I posted a question about this in ask the doctor and ask the pharmacist last week. 

Seems like low testosterone and ED are not uncommon in men with PD. Also, I've read some PD drugs/ dopamine antagonists increase obsessive sexual activity. 

Hope this helps. It's a sensitive subject, but we're not living in 1950.  So ask questions and get some answers. Then share with the rest of us.

-S

On 12/27/2017 at 4:23 AM, Superdecooper said:

DestinyS

There's some literature on this from NPF. I just happened to read a bunch of stuff about ED in men and some sexual difficulties in women. There's issues surrounding low testosterone in men with PD. Apparently lack of dopamine in men allows prolactin to decrease the production of testosterone..and low T leads to ED in men.  I posted a question about this in ask the doctor and ask the pharmacist last week. 

Seems like low testosterone and ED are not uncommon in men with PD. Also, I've read some PD drugs/ dopamine antagonists increase obsessive sexual activity. 

Hope this helps. It's a sensitive subject, but we're not living in 1950.  So ask questions and get some answers. Then share with the rest of us.

-S

FTFY.  Dopamine antagonists would be bad news bears for anyone with PD as those block dopamine receptors.  They are commonly used as anti-psychotics.  The dopamine agonists help to activate dopamine receptors and are what some of us use.  Not intending to be a grammar nazi, but it's a critical distinction.

I  havent been able to have sex in months.  I have to talk tom my doctor. PD takes everything away!!

• Like 1

Noah,
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Have you had a prostate exam or had your testosterone levels checked by a urologist? Usually, doctors rule out physical reasons, then they start on the psychological ones.. like anxiety, etc.

If you send me a personal message, I'll be happy to go into more details.

-S

Super - noah is a lady.  Took me a while to figure that out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noah said:

I  havent been able to have sex in months.  I have to talk tom my doctor. PD takes everything away!!

Shatavari is a great female libido booster. It can be combined with Ashwaghanda to boost its effects.

Macca, butea superba, xanthoparmila, Ashwaghnda, pine pollen, tongkat ali, muira puama, cnidium, cistanche, katuba bark are all natural herbs to boost male libido

Edited by waruna01

On 1/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, noah said:

Hi Noah

I hope you feel better.I always feel pretty good once out of bed.I don't seem to let PD bother me much focusing on something else seems to work.getting involved in our government has done wonders for me.Again I hope you feel better.

john