helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter Dan

Weather and PD

I was wondering if anyone from a cold winter climate decided to relocate to a warmer climate ( EX : New York to Florida or Arizona ) .  And if so have you noticed an improvement in your symptoms especially the rigidity in the winter . It has been extremely cold in the northeast early this year and I feel like I got run over by a bus some days . 

Dan

Honestly, cold weather doesn't seem to make that much of a difference to me.  My PD symptoms get much worse with hot weather

• Like 1

Cold weather makes jaw tremor worse and brings out tremor in arm and hand that I usually don't have.  It also makes rigidity worse.  It doesn't have to get very cold for this to happen.

• Like 1

Living in Western New York with temps between 0 and 15 degrees all week. I feel more stiff and have more joint pain. I have found that if I keep from getting chilled and shivering then I am ok. If I start to shiver then my right arm and leg is useless till I get it warmed up.

We have thought about snow birding in the south for the winter. Still debating the possibilities.

Blessings

Adam

• Like 1

Any extreme in the weather will affect my PD. Too hot and humid is the worst, that just plain zaps any energy I might of had.