helplinedonate
noah

apokyn injections

I have been struggling in the evening.  I take 1 rytary, and 3 regular sinemet @ 5 or so and am off by 7. I have been taking 2 sinement when the 5 dose wears off could be 645-7

I was still off after that 7 dose, almost like it wasnt working at all. I usually eat alound 545 to give rhe 5 dose time to kick in  I have been trying liquid sinemet to see  if that would help absorption and it really hasn t helped. So I spend around 2 hours off shaking like a fish out of water. I get so sweaty I have to change my shirt sometimes 2 shirts before  going to bed @930

My doc  asked me if I ever had apokyn injections  

I dont know anything about it.  I quickly did a google search and it said  for use in advanced pd .  I dont think thats me. I was dx'd 2009 and am still able to get around.

Could you please explain what it is , its use and if you think it would help me.

Thank you for all the time you devote to answering our questions    

Noah,

It is not necessarily for advanced PD patients, but most advanced PD patients are the one's who run into issues with recovering from off times.

Apokyne is an injection, basically a put in place and press the "trigger" that will help people recover from an off time in a matter of minutes. I tried it on one occasion and it worked well. I did not need it after that because I was lucky enough to rearrange my med schedule to correct this.

It is also mostly used for patients who have freezing off periods. As I always say, if it can improve your quality of life, it might be worth a try. You will usually meet with a representative from the company who will show you how to use it and will go over the product in detail.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.