helplinedonate
Silversurfer

Freezing when using computer mouse.

I am diagnosed about 1 year but I have had symptoms for longer Does anyone else get freezing whilst using the computer mouse? I have had it a number of times mostly using the mouse and doing a lot of micro movements. All of a sudden I cannot move or push the mouse at all.

16 hours ago, Silversurfer said:

I am diagnosed about 1 year but I have had symptoms for longer Does anyone else get freezing whilst using the computer mouse? I have had it a number of times mostly using the mouse and doing a lot of micro movements. All of a sudden I cannot move or push the mouse at all.

Hello Silversurfer,
i have same problem.Diagnosed in July 2017, but started noticing symptoms in 2016.  before shoulder freeze and problem moving mouse and typing, i had right hand muscle pains and was blaming carpal syndrome. my right side hand tremors are not that often when i am sitting and typing.
I guess need to start using Dragon naturally Speaking software.

Wow thanks to all for responding it does make me feel better that others have these problems too. The advice for using music is great as  I had not heard of that. 

Thanks again silversurfer

Hi SS,

i don't have a freezing problem. I have a tremor problem. When I'm using my mouse, Im usually concentrating and sitting relaxed in a chair. Then my Tremor starts up and it's pretty difficult to move the mouse properly and click the left mouse button. That's compounded with dystonia making it painful to hold the mouse for more than a minute or so. 

If it gets too bad, I take the next dose of Baclofen which moderates the pain, but the tremor is still going on. This sucks.  Also, I tend to lose the focus necessary to swiftly write about complicated material and make the intuitive leaps between Facts and ideology. This really sucks.

i have tried the speech to text feature available on  iPads and iPhones. That works some but I have to be very careful in the way I speak. Siri likes mechanical speech not conversational dialogue.  I haven't tried Dragon naturally speaking yet, but if anyone has add love to know what their experience has been like. 

-S

Edited by Superdecooper
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Superdecooper said:

Hi SS,

i don't have a freezing problem. I have a tremor problem. When I'm using my mouse, Im usually concentrating and sitting relaxed in a chair. Then my Tremor starts up and it's pretty difficult to move the mouse properly and click the left mouse button. That's compounded with dystonia making it painful to hold the mouse for more than a minute or so. 

If it gets too bad, I take the next dose of Baclofen which moderates the pain, but the tremor is still going on. This sucks.  Also, I tend to lose the focus necessary to swiftly write about complicated material and make the intuitive leaps between Facts and ideology. This really sucks.

i have tried the speech to text feature available on  iPads and iPhones. That works some but I have to be very careful in the way I speak. Siri likes mechanical speech not conversational dialogue.  I haven't tried Dragon naturally speaking yet, but if anyone has add love to know what their experience has been like. 

-S

I too don't have a freezing problem, mine is usually my tremor and dystonia. Typing-wise I tend to hit the wrong keys because of the tremor, but with the mouse, dystonia takes over and cramps me up after a certain amount of use. I always take my doses of Requip around the times I know I'll be doing the most typing/mouse-clicking.

They gave me tizanidine (sp?) for my muscle spasms, but it never did anything other than make me sleepy. Requip is the only thing that has helped with it. 

Siri is definitely good for tasks (set alarm, search something, call home), but if I use it for texting she misunderstands my speech a lot. Might have something to do with the Mississippi accent, haha

Sometimes if you wiggle your fingers or manipulate something in your non tremor hand, it will settle the tremor .  

LAD

Thanks again LAD sensational work! Some interesting food for thought.It seems like this is a bit of an issue for a few people.

I will definately look into it kindest regards silversurfer

• Like 1