helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
derwin88

Baclofen side effects

Have you heard of any issues with baclofen I have been taken with my PD meds started with sinemet,then with stalevo and now with rytery ! Had dbs surgery in September 2016 have tried to cut back but would experience severe foot cramps ! My dystonia is mainly on the left side and has been better sinse dbs , but I had dbs to be able to cut back on meds so I was shock when my wife googled  baclofen side effects where and heck it seems this stuff is more addictive than cocaine! What are your thoughts on if it should be used for dystonia and what alternatives would you suggest!

Dan 

I have not personally used much baclofen in PD.  I have not found it addictive in this population.  Usually if I use it the aim is to reduce rigidity or pain.  In many cases we have seen patients on baclofen, stopped it, and successfully optimized the Sinemet (dose and interval).  That may be something to think about with your doc.

Good deal I’m in the process of tapering off now, if I can get thru these killer foot and shoulder cramps!Thanx fotvyour input!

Dan