helplinedonate
Marketfocus

Subcutaneous carbidopa levodopa pump

I have the opportunity to apply to participate in a clinical trial for the Neuroderm subcutaneous carbidopa levodopa pump.  I'm wondering what the results are so far as to the efficacy of this delivery system and what phase the clinical trials are now in.  I've had a consistent problem with poor absorption of C/L right from the beginning of treatment and now have unpredictable on/off times.  I've been diagnosed with SIBO and now have to take a PPI so I'm wondering if avoiding the gut with this type of option might be a good alternative.  Rytary is my next step otherwise but I'm wondering if I have issues with absorption if that would be a problem with Rytary as well.  Thank you for any update you might have on the C/L subcutaneous pump.

So far the limited data we have seen has shown safety (some nodules around the infusion site in some cases) and some help with fluctuations.  It is a reasonable treatment so far but more research is needed.  There should be a large trial from oversees coming out soon (presented at meetings).

How long is the study and where is the study site

I would love to participate but I had dbs

I am hoping this works,  What we need is something like an insulin pump.  

The studies that are registered are usually searchable at clinicaltrials.gov

I just looked and the best is to use the search term apomorphine pump