helplinedonate

I was at the hospital all pre-op requirements completed, waiting to have the halo secured to my head when he found it wouldn't fit. My original MRI noted a elongated cranium, no surgery. So he said the only option was a frameless design. Didn't know when of if he could get it.

I have lost confidence in my neurosurgeon. Now Im concerned that he has no experience with a frameless. Being referred to another neurosurgeon,   they tell me he uses the frameless design. 

Is it more difficult? I have asked several facilities about frameless procedures. They don't know it even exists. Could you tell me the difference between frameless and framed, is there higher risks with frameless?

Any help is appreciated 

A CRW head frame rather than a Leksell may possible work for you.  Kelly Foote at UF uses one. Frameless results seem to be comparable in small published trials but the most important aspect of the procedure is the experience of the surgeon.  Pete Konrad at Vanderbilt and Jamie Henderson at Stanford come to mind as very experienced at frameless.

Look at the websites for Leksell head frames and CRW head frames.  I think the CRW is more accommodating.  Several people like Dr. Foote at UF use a CRW.