helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
Srvaughn

apathy/anxiety/depression

Hello,

I'm experiencing the following symptoms and would like to get a better understanding about it.

Is apathy/anxiety/depression triggered by the on/off cycles of carbiodopa levodopa extended release

or is it because a missing chemical in your brain that is due to parkinsons disease that needs to be put in.

Is there a test to determine if I am missing that chemical in my brain so then I would know that there is a need for my body to put that chemical in. 

Is there a test to determine which antidepressant medication is more likely to help a person overcome depression/anxiety?

In the parkinsons community is it very common and does it have a good success rate with treatment?

Or is it a good percentage of parkinsonians dealing that its uncurable and untreatable and its just part of disease to have anxiety so you must accept it and just deal with the suffering. 

Also to complicate the matter I am on a blood thinner and the information that I see clearly states that SSRI and other forms of antidepressants will increase the risks of bleedly. So I wasn't sure if you have heard of any other parkinsonians that are taking both a blood thinner and a antidepressant. 

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Answers-

Is apathy/anxiety/depression triggered by the on/off cycles of carbiodopa levodopa extended release

**It is possible with any preparation of levodopa that you could get neuropsychiatric symptoms when wearing off.

or is it because a missing chemical in your brain that is due to parkinsons disease that needs to be put in.

**Not known but unlikely one chemical.

Is there a test to determine if I am missing that chemical in my brain so then I would know that there is a need for my body to put that chemical in. 

**No.

Is there a test to determine which antidepressant medication is more likely to help a person overcome depression/anxiety?

**No.

In the parkinsons community is it very common and does it have a good success rate with treatment?

**Common and usually treatable.

Also to complicate the matter I am on a blood thinner and the information that I see clearly states that SSRI and other forms of antidepressants will increase the risks of bleedly. So I wasn't sure if you have heard of any other parkinsonians that are taking both a blood thinner and a antidepressant. 

**Important to ask your PD doc and internist.