helplinedonate
hiker

Requip/Ropinirole

For those of you taking requip or Ropinirole, what dosage are you on? My neuro started me on .25 mg Ropinirole HCL 3 days ago and I don't notice any difference in my symptoms, which are primarily motor (stiffness, left fingers less coordinated, slight drag of left foot.)

Thanks!

I started on 2 mg Ropinerole ER when first diagnosed and then moved up to 4 mg. When that wasnt enough I tried 6 mg but started having hallucinations and terrible brain fog so I went back to 4 mg and added carbidopa/levodopa 25/100 3x a day and its working well for me. Good luck on your journey.

Twitch

I think it helps smooth out my symptoms and I now take it at 9 pm so the side effects are minimal. However, I think it has caused weight gain which is distressing, so I am wondering what would happen if I stopped taking it. I will have that conversation with my mds next visit. I am coping quite well with my pd and I don't want to mess that up. Exercise seems to be my best friend and c/l allows that to happen.

just don't forget we are different ..
my story - I started from 2 mg and the final dose was 14mg a day. long release pills

it allowed me to start l-dopa 1.5 year later

no side effects

now I am with the new pill called accordeon and I stopped requip because otherwise I have overdose