helplinedonate

Newly diagnosed and have been taking the low strength of Rytary 3x a day.  I also have been diagnosed with hypothyroid. Is it ok to take the first dose of rytary and synthroid together? since they both should be on an empty stomach

Azilect question-- how much of a reaction is it if you take a decongestant? i also read there were food interactions

I was basically diagnosed in 6 days with my new neurologist.. it took a few months before it sunk in. I assume that i'm in early stages..? the side effects of the meds in my opinion are worse thatn the symptoms i'm experiencing (stiffness in gait, some balance issues-but haven't fallen) 

thanks

Tracey

Tracy,

There is no interaction between Rytary and Synthroid. They can be taken together with water. Food can be eaten about 1 hour after taking meds.

The interaction between a decongestant and Azilect is to be used with caution. Azilect is a selective MAOI-B Inhibitor. Some other ones are not selective and hit MAOI-A & MAOI-B. When this happens it causes a severe hypertensive reaction which could lead to passing out, or worse.

It has been shown that people who use Azilect are able to eat tyramine like food and have no problem.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

Thanks.  In general, when does the insomnia start? Not sure if it is the Rytary or what. This week, I've been waking up about ever 1-1.5hrs. Not good when i commute

What is the difference between sinemet cr and rytary?

Tracey

Tracey,

It may not be the Rytary that is causing the insomnia, but rather Rytary wearing off that may be causing the wakefulness. Wakefulness can be a result when any Carbidopa/Levodopa falls below the therapeutic level.

Rytary and Sinemet contain the same ingredients, Carbidopa/Levodopa. Sinemet CR is a controlled release formula of Carbidopa/Levodopa which lasts longer dose per dose. Rytary is comparable the regular release Sinemet when dosed.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.