helplinedonate
swamper

muscle spasms

Nine days ago I fell at boxing class, and pulled a groin muscle.  Now I am having terrible spasms in the area, which nothing seems to help.  I have tried increasing my c/l, and nsaids, as well as exercise, rest, and stretching.  At this point I am desperate for relief.  My DH is off to the drug store to get the ingredients for a c/l suspension.   I know there is no point in going to the ER,  and my PCP was out of ideas five days ago.  Xrays showed no fracture of the pelvic bones, but the exam is classic for an adductor strain.   Any ideas?  I would appreciate any help you can give!  Adrienne

I've had dystonia in my right groin and piriformis since an injury in 2014. I've had good results from myofascial PT, pain medication, and in rare instances, CBD oil or medical marijuana.

Dianne 

• Like 1

If physical therapy can't offer relief my suggested next line of remediation is acupuncture.

Every practitioner has preferred method/school (my own interventionist  uses "Five Element" but cautions about many inexperienced and not fully schooled).

He is 20-year pharmacist and thus knows the practice from multiple angles.

The really good ones are identified word-of-mouth and that creates the conundrum of too busy for new patients.

Find referrals from a knowledgeable friends/patients. Since your injury/nerve damage is acute you may get earlier examination and remedy.

BTW, in my state this treatment is covered by health insurance.

• Like 1

I'm not sure CBD is helping with the muscle spasm as much as it is just helping me knock out at night. We use hempextracts.com and the price seems unbeatable from our research

• Like 1