helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
PatR

Bone density Meds

Hi Mark,

Hope you are doing well.

My Primary physician is planning on putting me on meds to assist my osteoporosis. Three DXA scans over the past 14 years, have me going downhill significantly.   I am not happy about taking more meds.  My current regimen is as follows:

Azilect 1.5 mg/day (2 doses)

Pramipexole 3.5mg/day (4 doses)

WP Thyroid 81.25mg/day

Eliquis 5mg/day

Also, since the manufacturer is having production issues, WP Thyroid is unavailable, and I will have to start back on Synthroid next week when my WP supply runs out.  I never did well on Synthroid.

SO, the questions are:

1.  What is your suggestion for the best osteo treatment medication, compatible with current meds, with the least side effects? ( My calcium and Vit D levels are fine.  I exercise regularly, am very active, doing load bearing exercises, weigh 110 pounds, take vit supplements, etc.)

2. Any idea where I might be able to obtain WP Thyroid 81.25mg?  (The Manufacturer is not very helpful. I have exhausted all local pharmacies and my mail order co. This stuff works so well for me.  I am dreading going back on Synthroid.)

As always, please know you are appreciated and loved,  thank you for your help.

PatR620

F/66

Diagnosed Jan/2015 after one year of symptoms/testing

Current meds:

Azilect 1.5 mg/day (2 doses)

Pramipexole 3.5mg/day (4 doses)

WP Thyroid 81.25mg/day

Eliquis 5mg/day

Pat,

Here is what for you. I have copied your questions so as to better answer them.

1.  What is your suggestion for the best osteo treatment medication, compatible with current meds, with the least side effects? ( My calcium and Vit D levels are fine.  I exercise regularly, am very active, doing load bearing exercises, weigh 110 pounds, take vit supplements, etc.)

A) If they are looking at a prescription medication for your osteoporosis I would probably suggest Fosamax. It is a good medication with great success. It can also be used with your other medications as long as it is taken with food. It can be dosed at a lower dose once a day or at a higher dose that can be taken once a week, which is great to avoid interactions.

2. Any idea where I might be able to obtain WP Thyroid 81.25mg?  (The Manufacturer is not very helpful. I have exhausted all local pharmacies and my mail order co. This stuff works so well for me.  I am dreading going back on Synthroid.)

A) I'm sorry I can't be of more service here. My suggestions are to check with local pharmacies then check with the manufacturer. I will keep an eye out for you and if I can help you I will let you know.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.