helplinedonate
NCFred

Morning weakness

Recently diagnosed as of Oct 2017. Been having severe weakness in the morning, often up to noon before I get enough energy to do any work.  Is anyone else having this problem? If so what can be done about it?  Thanks for your feedback, Fred

Had second visit with new PD doctor, very impressive, changed meds to 25/100 instant release carb/levo at 7 am 11 am and 4 PM and 50/200 carb/levo at night. the change gave me a lot more energy. I have never had tremors. only physical and mental sluggishness when drug wears off.  

Hi Fred,

Are you getting enough sleep?  If not, it might take extra dopamine to get you going.  Before I started Trazadone (which has been a miracle drug for me to help with sleep) the mornings were really rough.  I'm still slow for the first couple of hours after awakening - it seems like that first dose just takes a little longer.  Gardener

• Thanks 1

Good morning, NCFred. Since you were so recently diagnosed and are still finding the best medication dose and schedule, your morning exhaustion could be part of that process. You might want to have a sleep study done to make sure you are getting enough deep REM sleep. I was surprised to discover that I wasn't breathing deeply enough to oxygenate my blood during sleep, which led to daytime sluggishness and sleepiness.

Blessings as you navigate your way along the PD path.

Dianne 

• Thanks 1

In my mind and experience weakness is not the same thing as being tired or exhausted. I understand both. I felt a lot of weakness in my upper chest, arms and legs when first diagnosed. With medication most of that went away. My biggest issue now after being diagnosed about 3 years is chronic fatigue. Nothing much seems to help.