helplinedonate

Hi all,  for the last few weeks I have been dizzy. I know sinemet can cause dizziness but I have been on it for 4 years now since diagnosis.  I didn’t have this until now. Had a neuro appt and I told him and he said the disease can cause it. Then he took my blood pressure and it was 98 over 70!!   I was floored because at the doctors office it usually is in the 140 range. Now he wants an mri of my brain and an ultrasound of neck to see if blood is getting to my brain and also an echo of my heart.  Yikes!   Anyone else have dizziness?  Thanks, Lorraine 

Welcome to the world of nOH, Lorraine (neurological Orthostatic Hypotension). Do you get dizzy when you stand up from sitting or laying down? I get a whoosh! feeling like all the blood rushes out the bottom of my feet sometimes when I stand. My first experience with nOH three years before I got my PD diagnosis.  My PCP at the time was telling me that the tremor in my right hand was intention tremor. I knew nothing about PD back then and he didn't mention it. He did order the neck ultrasound you mentioned.

I take one medication in the morning for mine, plus a different medication if BP drops during the day. The biggest danger is passing out, so I've been taught to get up slowly and not walk until I feel solid. I check my BP twice a day sitting and standing and keep a record of it as well as when I take the extra medication.

Dianne 

Been dealing with that too.  Thus far upping hydration has been enough.  While that might help for you sounds like it may not be enough.  Even if it doesn't do much for the OH it will help in other ways.

Thanks for the info. Hope to get to the bottom of this soon. 

It has been very hot here in LA and that doesn’t help .  Hydration definitely a must