helplinedonate

Ok I just went on medicare in june and I thought I had a pretty good supplement but I got my first  bill and they didn t  cover as much as i had hoped, so i thin k I am going to have to get a n additional coverage.  Did anyone else have to do this,  Anyone have a suggestion about a supplemental insurance they have found to be good? 

I am no insurance expert but might an insurance broker that deals in Medicare sups give you a better breakout?  Just a thought if there is such a broker.

I've just gone on Medicare Part A and am still working so don't need the Part B or a supplement yet. I have helped my mother (who at age 90 lost her insurance that had been provided by my Dad's employer), my brother-in-law who is on SS Disability and under 65, and my mother-in-law. For my Mom, where she lives there were 34 drug plan and 29 medical plans to choose from and although she does use a computer (email mostly) I don't believe she would have been able to navigate the system and make the choices. We choose the Medicare Plan "F" for her as it was closest to her previous coverage (someone called it the "Cadillac Plan") and was a bit more expensive (<$300 a month) than some plans but she never pays a bill (drugs are another story). My brother-in-law was harder as it turned out the state he lives in (Nebraska) does not require insurance companies to offer Medicare Supplement plans to people under 65 (so they don't) and  his choice was limited to a single Medicare Advantage Plan. His coverage is not as good as the plan he had through the ACA plan that he'd been on before qualifying for Medicare. In both cases, we relied heavily on help from the State Health Insurance Assistance Plan (SHIP) available in every state to help people navigate the maze of obtaining insurance to supplement Medicare. I have two friends who recently used insurance brokers and both were satisfied. They were both steered to Medicare Advantage Plans which depending where you live and the plans available may or may not offer the MDS you want to see. Here is the link to find the SHIP in your state: https://www.medicare.gov/contacts/#resources/ships. A book that helped us navigate the maze was: https://www.amazon.com/Get-Whats-Yours-Medicare-Maximize/dp/1501124005/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1533680265&amp;sr=1-1&amp;keywords=get+what's+your+medicare. I also know someone from work who went with an inexpensive supplement and when she got breast cancer, it paid very little. She is now back on the retiree insurance offered by our employer (premiums are higher than supplement she had chosen but her cancer care is covered). 

Good luck. This is hard. The good thing is open enrollment each year does allow you to change plans. Seems like it starts in October or November each year.