helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
zerohours000

Twitching

Hi Doctor 

Im a 33 year old male.  I don’t have any tremors per se but have twitching in my left hand.  I also have slowed stomach motility, bad gas, trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and vivid dreams (though no fatigue).  I’m not sure if this is the beginning of Parkinson’s or not, but I’m seeing neurologists soon.  The twitching is about a week old.  I’ve had fasciculations elsewhere but had a “normal” EMG on the 1st of June; nothing on MRI.  I will also note that I only get tremors if, say, I hold my leg out or incline it at 45 degrees; lean on my elbows.   Or in my shoulders if I’m urinating or hunched over to putt (like in golf).  I’ve also noticed some internal tremoring, like vibrations.  I’ve had dysphasgia but it comes and goes.  I was also wondering if coming off Mirtazipine could cause the twitching at least?  Because I took one after being off it for a day and then it sort of went away for a bit upon taking it.  And lastly, I’ve had violent jerks and twitches right before falling asleep.  Again, not every night. 

Rheumatologist didn’t think autoimmune.

Had a sleep study done: sleep structure itself is ok; but noted elevated REM.  I’ve begun reaching for things or people in my sleep and talking in my sleep.

Ive been on 300mg Gabapentin/3x daily for a month

30 mg of Celexa for a month 

15 mg of Mirtazipine, tittered down from 45 mg for 3 months.

If you have time, I’ve attached three videos.  Thank you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIpik7E87y8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kE3YwEtkI

Edited by zerohours000

This is not classic for Parkinson's disease and I would see an expert and consider a DAT scan if you are concerned it could be some sort of Parkinsonian disorder.  Based on your video and description my guess is that it is not.

7 hours ago, Dr. Okun said:

This is not classic for Parkinson's disease and I would see an expert and consider a DAT scan if you are concerned it could be some sort of Parkinsonian disorder.  Based on your video and description my guess is that it is not.

I see.  I’ve just felt so off for 5 months.  Never felt like this in my entire life.  The vivid dreaming makes me think it’s PD.  I’ve never had sleep like this before.  Nor the twitching.  Very confused.  Thanks again for the reply.