helplinedonate
EllenR

Parkinsons fatigue made worse by anesthesia?

Hi all.  Fatigue is part of my experience with Parkinson's and I pretty much stave it off with work, gym and activities - but without overdoing it.  Before PD I've had surgery procedures (torn rotator cuff and the like).  Today I had my first procedure (cataract surgery) since PD.  It's not a major procedure and I was only given twilight anesthesia.  I'm finding that all day I feel so much more fatigued than I imagined.  There's a fuzzy headedness and tiredness that's surprising and I was wondering if the PD exacerbates the weaning off anesthesia.  Or is it added stress to the body in general?  Has anyone had this experience?  Thanks!

I've had a couple of major surgeries with PD  and my experience has been similar.  The doctors said it was normal with PD

If possible, I request only mild sedation for minor procedures.  That way, I dont waste the whole day trying to recover.

I have had 3 surgeries since being dx with pd

i found that my pd seemed to get worse after each one and it took longer to recover

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, noah said:

I have had 3 surgeries since being dx with pd

i found that my pd seemed to get worse after each one and it took longer to recover

Yeah.   Pretty much my experience too.  My last surgery really made my PD worse.  Its been 3 years since the surgery, and I still haven't recovered fully.