helplinedonate
kaypeeoh

Anniversary

It was just over a year ago that I was diagnosed with MS,  APS and Parkinsons.   So far on Tysabri for the MS I haven't had any relapses.  Also blood tests a few months ago said I no longer have APS.    The neurologist says its parkinsons based on how I walk.  I've been practicing walking heel, toe, heel, toe  but at yesterday's exam he still thinks I have Parkinsons even though I did the heel toe test perfectly.  So what else about my walk might he have been seeing?   I can only raise my left eyebrow but I reminded him that a horse kicked me in the face and damaged my right trigeminal nerve.  All the other neuro tests I did fine. 

Remember that PD is supposed to be diagnosed based on bradykinesia plus one or more of resting tremors, rigidity, and postural instability.  If he's seeing bradykinesia plus rigidity in your leg (and/or other extremities), even though you are walking seemingly correctly that would be enough.

What is APS?

I just met a guy who was diagnosed in 2015. He has the symptoms and takes CL. Guess what, he just asked his MDS are you sure I have PD? Seems like it's not unusual to problems with acceptance. I said to him, 3 years later and you're still looking for verification. He said, yes but he knows he has PD.