helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,241 posts in this topic

Good Morning World, Bring it on, I can handle whatever you spring on me today!!

Billy, My best new Buddy Boy, high of 65? We had 90 in the shade and my corn started popping on the stalk yesterday. Thanks for the invite for the day, I guess we could come for the summer, I'm sure that we would end up good friends! Just scaring you Bill, take another pill and pry your wife off of the ceiling. Sorry that your knee is slow in returning Eileen. My right hip joint is slow in regaining strength and I think you are correct about PD affecting joint replacements. I yell at my hand quite often. Because it doesn't respond well to nuerotransmissions, I am training Parky Paw to respond to vocal commands. Hope you have a good day in Ireland today Emma. I agree with Eileen, it is wonderful that you take the time to help entertain Seniors. I bet that they love you for it.

I got to get over to my parents house this morning and continue with tidying up. They celebrate 60 years of marriage today. On Saturday they have invited 60 friends and neighbours to come for Cake and Ice Cream in the afternoon. I have 3 younger brothers and 2 older sisters and with their families that is another 32 people. Knowing my Mom, she will invite most of the 60 to stay on for supper and it will be loaves and fishes all over as we cut 32 pork chops into pieces. Hope it doesn't rain!!

Tomorrow night we go to Elton John in Kingston with friends, Saturday is the Party, Saturday night, my family is going to a cottage for the week. I better get going, lots to get ready.

Have a good safe day everyone. Push the envelope today with confidence!! john

Good Morning World, Bring it on, I can handle whatever you spring on me today!!

Billy, My best new Buddy Boy, high of 65? We had 90 in the shade and my corn started popping on the stalk yesterday. Thanks for the invite for the day, I guess we could come for the summer, I'm sure that we would end up good friends! Just scaring you Bill, take another pill and pry your wife off of the ceiling. Sorry that your knee is slow in returning Eileen. My right hip joint is slow in regaining strength and I think you are correct about PD affecting joint replacements. I yell at my hand quite often. Because it doesn't respond well to nuerotransmissions, I am training Parky Paw to respond to vocal commands. Hope you have a good day in Ireland today Emma. I agree with Eileen, it is wonderful that you take the time to help entertain Seniors. I bet that they love you for it.

I got to get over to my parents house this morning and continue with tidying up. They celebrate 60 years of marriage today. On Saturday they have invited 60 friends and neighbours to come for Cake and Ice Cream in the afternoon. I have 3 younger brothers and 2 older sisters and with their families that is another 32 people. Knowing my Mom, she will invite most of the 60 to stay on for supper and it will be loaves and fishes all over as we cut 32 pork chops into pieces. Hope it doesn't rain!!

Tomorrow night we go to Elton John in Kingston with friends, Saturday is the Party, Saturday night, my family is going to a cottage for the week. I better get going, lots to get ready.

Have a good safe day everyone. Push the envelope today with confidence!! john

Thanks Eileen& jb..I didn't go back yet (still getting over embarrassment)so maybe.I imagine moving can be tiring Eileen take it easy sorry your knee is still acting up i suppose these things take time but hopefully soon you'll get some comfort.

Jb..congrats to your parents 60 years! wow, and i hope you all have a great day with sunshine on Saturday..enjoy Elton!

Take care my dear friends

Em

Good Morning every one of you. The stress is building. It is going to be a busy next couple days. Getting ready for the party, getting packed for the cottage. Getting the farm ready for a pair of neices who will be staying the week to look after the animals. I'll be fine when we get on the road Saturday evening but until then.....cleaning, packing, shopping, greeting, cutting cake, driving!! The thought of all this makes me tremor more so I got to breathe deep and relax, right? Anyways, this is the last post for a week or so. Anyone interested in taking over the "Morning Message" Be strong everyone, see you in a week. John

Good Morning every one of you. The stress is building. It is going to be a busy next couple days. Getting ready for the party, getting packed for the cottage. Getting the farm ready for a pair of neices who will be staying the week to look after the animals. I'll be fine when we get on the road Saturday evening but until then.....cleaning, packing, shopping, greeting, cutting cake, driving!! The thought of all this makes me tremor more so I got to breathe deep and relax, right? Anyways, this is the last post for a week or so. Anyone interested in taking over the "Morning Message" Be strong everyone, see you in a week. John

Good Morning jb and all, jb have a great weekend don't overdo it, drive careful and enjoy..

Em

Good Morning jb and all, jb have a great weekend don't overdo it, drive careful and enjoy..

Em

Hello John and All...Good Morning, my friend. Hope you have a GREAT time and that you have many laughs, many hugs and kisses from those you love and that you return rested and well. Stay strong...keep your wits about you...and return to us with many of your humorous stories!

Take care...Bill

afternoon all, just logged on to report i'm very stressed and packing up to go away, and jb saw your message - spooky!!!! i'm off to Turkey for a week of blistering heat (yes, i am officially insane) but don't go until monday so may get in a few more posts. Have a great time jb, and come back refreshed and ready to round us all up again 8) .

G

Have a good time jb and G! Looking forward to your reporting in after vacation.

It's easier to round up people who aren't square! Not sure what I'm saying. It popped into my head. :unsure:

thanks Marcia. And if you are reading this after my other post, i've found your little line drawing - it just didn't show up while i was typing a reply. so i feel like your waving me off!!

don't stop typing the things that just pop into your head - they make me smile.

best wishes

G.

ps just tried to post a whole row of little men in sunglasses but the computer has told me off and won't let me! So here is my toned down offering 8)

thanks Marcia. And if you are reading this after my other post, i've found your little line drawing - it just didn't show up while i was typing a reply. so i feel like your waving me off!!

don't stop typing the things that just pop into your head - they make me smile.

best wishes

G.

ps just tried to post a whole row of little men in sunglasses but the computer has told me off and won't let me! So here is my toned down offering 8)

Good morning all from rainy Ireland..it's 6am here now so you're probably all tucked up in your beds dreaming about bot aliens or whatever..gazelle enjoy Turkey, bill hope your wife is feeling better, marcia, eileen and everyone have a great weekend..

Em

Good morning everyone. It is raining, raining, raining here but at least it is not in the 90's anymore. Jb, hope all your plans and activities proceed as planned and are fun. Have a great week. We will look forward to the return of the word wizard. :-D

Em, Gazelle, Marcia, Bill, it is always nice to hear from you. Bill does your teenage daughter drive already or is she still learning. Teaching our daughter to drive was one of the hardest things I have done...I hope that stage is behind you now. good luck finding the right car / deal.

have good days everyone

eileen

Good morning everyone. It is raining, raining, raining here but at least it is not in the 90's anymore. Jb, hope all your plans and activities proceed as planned and are fun. Have a great week. We will look forward to the return of the word wizard. :-D

Em, Gazelle, Marcia, Bill, it is always nice to hear from you. Bill does your teenage daughter drive already or is she still learning. Teaching our daughter to drive was one of the hardest things I have done...I hope that stage is behind you now. good luck finding the right car / deal.

have good days everyone

eileen

Hello Eileen...no, our daughter has yet to test for her license. Her arguement is that our cars are much too big for her to learn to drive and that she needs a small car. So, we're buying her a good used car that's more her size. We've sent her to driving school...no way would we put ourselves through the ordeal of teaching her ourselves...especially on the mountain roads!

Hope you are well and that you have a great weekend...please send some rain our way!

Hello Eileen...no, our daughter has yet to test for her license. Her arguement is that our cars are much too big for her to learn to drive and that she needs a small car. So, we're buying her a good used car that's more her size. We've sent her to driving school...no way would we put ourselves through the ordeal of teaching her ourselves...especially on the mountain roads!

Hope you are well and that you have a great weekend...please send some rain our way!

Hello Bill, Believe me if i could send some rain your way i would it's lashing down here..

take care and enjoy your weekend..

Em

Good morning all, Marcia, Bill, Eileen, jack,etc..hope your all doing well..Bill hope ye got some rain, Eileen hope your knee is getting better.

Here people are in shock as a car travelling with 8 people crashed into another car only the driver survived..the driver aged 66 and passengers aged from 17 to 23 all in the one car because nobody wanted to drink and drive.The other car, the driver also died he was on his way home from bingo..very tragic my heart goes out to their families and the driver of course.

Take care everybody

Em

Em,so sorry about the tragic accident. It happens too often.

This board has gotten quiet since our storytellers are gone.

I've been thinking. You know how they say people who lose a sense gains in another area? I'd like to think that because we have to put up with PD symptoms that we'd gain something extra. Like a sixth sense. Or extraordinary five senses. Anyone notice anything?

hi every1,and good morning its 2.50am here and lashin rain,yeah emma that was a terrible car accident :( so many lives lost.......hope every1 has a good day

HI EM! Hi Eileen been a lonng time since we chatted. MarciaJ so far haven't got a sixth sense only seem to be losing the ones I got. I see third neuro on 26th, hopefully he will give a DX of something.

DK

HI EM! Hi Eileen been a lonng time since we chatted. MarciaJ so far haven't got a sixth sense only seem to be losing the ones I got. I see third neuro on 26th, hopefully he will give a DX of something.

DK

Hello everybody,your right Marcia it's quiet here,hi Dk hope all goes well for you on 26th..

Take care all..em

Hi DK, Em and M and all

Just trying to survive in this heat and keep cool. Hope you are all doing well. I don't know of a sixth sense Marcia but I do know we all seem to have a greater degree of empathy for one another even when our symptoms are different. I think we are pretty respectful, even when we disagree. And I like how everyone is concerned/caring about everyone else. So perhaps we have a little extra compassion. happy and cool days to each of you. :-D

eileen

Good morning Eileen, Marcia, carol, bill, mihai, jb and everybody from cloudy Ireland,

It is 7.55am here now. Hope you're all doing well...wonder how jb and gazelle are getting on hope they're doing well.enjoy the weekend guys and take care..

Em

Hi everybody: I'm back. Fast week, it flew by! Great to see that you kept the morning roundup going Em. Lots of catching up to do around here on the farm now. Hope everybody has a great day, john

Hi everybody: I'm back. Fast week, it flew by! Great to see that you kept the morning roundup going Em. Lots of catching up to do around here on the farm now. Hope everybody has a great day, john

Hello John...good to see you back safe and sound. Hope you had a great week and that you had some chances to rest and relax. Hope you have a great day!

Take care...Bill

Good morning all..it's 12.34 here so afternoon, Hi BIG JOHN (suits jb i think carol) glad to see you back..eileen, carol, bill and everybody have a great day.

Em

jb and carol.... How- how- howOOOOOO 2 more varmints are back!

jb i hope your last week was fun and that you made it through all the commitments with ease (no shakes, rattles or rolls). Carol hope you are doing good ..always good to hear from you too. Thanks Em for keeping things going last week.

HAVE GOOD DAYS EVERYONE (Wish there was a howling happy face to add here) :-D

eileen

Hi everybody, thanks for the label Carol. You might be disappointed to know that BIG JOHN has to wear his cowboy boots to reach 5'8". so you may want to rethink that one.

I did have a nice week with my family at the cottage. I know why you have kids when you are young. It is also nice to get back to home, comforts, and activity like my garden.

Eileen, coyote woman!, you win. We are a pack of coyotes, you are the leader and I rename you Howleen.

Hi Emma, love to all, have a good day. jb