helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

6,939 posts in this topic

Thanks  Linda. How anyone could carry out such violence against a group in prayer, whatever God they are praying to,  troubles my mind.

Hello Marcia,

I think you are right. I suspect that some people have the hereditary  possibility of contracting Parkinsons.  A defective gene perhaps that can`t withstand an attack such as a toxin from our environment.  Maybe..

I need a big mug full of hot chocolate

Hello Marcia,

I think you are right. I suspect that some people have the hereditary  possibility of contracting Parkinsons.  A defective gene perhaps that can`t withstand an attack such as a toxin from our environment.  Maybe..

I need a big mug full of hot chocolate    LOL!  I just did something similar by making a bowl of hot cream of wheat cereal.  Something soothing, eh? (as the Kanuks/Canucks say) :-)

Would love to have a wood stove and cooler temps.  We did get snow today, but too warm for it to have lain (lay?) (layed?) on the ground. 

Edited by Linda Garren

I like to read the BBC news online. In the BBC future section they talk about(something-I forgot)  but the point is there is a picture of someone wearing a pink coat and head shaved and I just want to make it clear...that is not my coat nor is that me. The only time I lost my head of hair was during chemo. I always did like hats. 

I just want to mention that there is a scam going on (it was also used 10 years ago). This was on TV news. These people call and when you answer "Hello." They say "can you hear me?" If you say "Yes." They charge you ( not sure how that part goes.) . The thing is "don't say yes". Hang up on them. My DH got one of these calls but he knew about this so he just hung up on them. 

Good days for all. If I was handing out the good days coupon I'd give everyone one. Or more than one. Who's counting. 

Good morning everyone,

Marcia, I was at my sisters house next door a couple days ago and we were talking about scams on the phone.  She told me the latest thing is that they call and try to trick you into saying the word "yes"   Then they use your voice saying "yes" for their nefarious schemes.  I told her that it is a widespread thing down into Midwest USA.,,  Marcia knows.....   As Max Smart used to say If they only used their talents for "niceness and goodness instead of badness and evil."

Linda, as a kid porridge was oatmeal and known as "porridge" and we ate a ton of it in the winter.  Six kids in the famiy we sure didn't live on Captain Crunch.  Cream of wheat we called white porridge and I didn't like it. Yuck.  

It looks like a nice day out .I should:

nap in front of the tv

walk the dog

do some jobs outside

go brush the horse

fold laundry

go visit my mom

clean the house

continue this list

uum, I have options...

have good days everyone.

jb

1 person likes this

It is warm here today. And raining. but it is going to be like a bouncing ball. Tomorrow cold. Who wants this cold ball? I'll swat it back to you. Cold has some advantages. Give me a couple months and I'll think of one. 

I'll take it Marcia, I don't mind the cold, as long as it is at least 30!

One advantage is, it is easier to get warmer, just add some more layers. 

Hot weather is worse in my opinion, only so much one can "peel" off.......especially at my age!!

Edited by ellaangel2

Good Morning Everyone. Been out in the shop getting some wood working done, and yesterday was the day to pick our our

Golden Retriever, Bob, whose smiling face I use as my avatar. Poor guy had ACL surgery. Chasing one too many squirrels,

but otherwise excellent health.

While at the Vet's office I got to meet a new friend. His owner was shocked as normally Julia is a very reserved African Gray Parrot.

She immediately had to check me out crawling up and over me to sit on my shoulder. Maybe I missed my calling as a Pirate?

LK6mP3h.jpg?1

1 person likes this

I think animals instinctively know when one is an "animal receptive" person.

Great pic Tom, thanks for sharing!

Heal up quick Bob!

Edited by ellaangel2
1 person likes this

Good Saturday afternoon.,

50 years ago, I would of been busy trying to get all my Saturday stuff done in time so that I could watch the Bugs Bunny-Road Runner hour.

I hope everyone had a good week.

I am sure that you did Bard, have you been out enjoying the snow?  Driving up to Whistler today?.  Man, all your highways are shut down. wow, the Vancouver area  doesn't get many winters like this one.

Marcia, Ella, I hope you are having nice weekends. Dianne, whassup in Seattle?  

Tom, shiver me timbers,  Cover your ears, Those African Parrots look cute but, that thing could nip your ears off with his scissor like beak. Its talons could rip your back open, or even fly away with you.  It could also crap all over your Flying Fortress T Shirt,  Now that is a big concern too. You probably could be a good pirate.  Me, I would worry too much about things.  

Well, Good days to everyone.

jb

We haven't had much of a winter this year. It either went north of us or south. 

We are expecting a third grandchild in April. Those kids grow fast. Someone on here suggested we do as much as we could now while we can. So we are taking their advice. We are keeping the furnace temperature up, Leaving lights on, and reading instead of cleaning . 

Boy, I hate it when there is a bit of dirt on the screen and I think it is a period. 

Hi to all. How many of you wanted to be a pirate when you grew up but can't spell so you were a parrot instead. Well, a parrot's costume would be a lot smaller. Or you would have been a veterinarian but you put veteran on the paper work. 

I think the periods are too small for this software. o  Do you think I could use an o.?o

Ignore me. I am.

1 person likes this

Good afternoon.

What's been happening in Seattle? I was hospitalized for eight days after weeks of abdominal pain that my GI doc kept minimizing. I had two endoscopies. The first showed perforated ulcers in my small intestine just below my stomach. After four days of heavy antibiotics and Protonix in my IV, plus TPN (food through an IV), the perforations had healed. Since they didn't know if the Duopa tube caused the ulcers or the ulcers caused the Duopa tube to go awry, they pulled it. I am now back to oral carb/levo six or seven times/day, every two hours. I'm sleeping a lot from exhaustion, so I need one less pill some days. Without the Duopa gel, I once again have nausea and less on-time to deal with. Plus the beginnings of a bedsore, which frankly makes sitting and laying down uncomfortable just when I don't have the energy to be up and about.

While I was hospitalized, my son aspirated some food and lost consciousness. Nobody knows how long he was without oxygen; by the time paramedics were called it took 11 minutes to re-establish a heartbeat. When I was discharged on Thursday from one hospital, I had to go straight to the hospital he was in to sign papers saying they could stop life support. It was the most heart-wrenching thing I have ever done. Casey was only 34. He passed just after 5 PM yesterday evening.He is at Peace. My daughter flew up from Texas to be with me. My family is helping me cope as well. Tomorrow we will have a private Dr. Pepper and pizza party to share memories of my son.

Three neighbors have been particularly helpful, and my best friend since 8th grade has been by twice. My two caregivers have returned to work and both are coming to the memorial service tomorrow. I am surrounded by people who love me and are willing to show it. I am blessed. 

Dianne

Dianne

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May memories of your son comfort you during this dfifficult time. Many healing thoughts and prayers come your way.

Hugs CC

So very sorry to hear of your Son's passing Dianne.  Your many friends will help you get through this, one day at a time.  You will never get "over" this, but you will get through, memories of Casey will help you.

You are in my heart and thoughts Dianne.

Edited by ellaangel2

Dianne, my prayers will include you today and the days to come as you travel through another of life's many different roads.  Peace be with you.

Oh Dianne, I wish could give you a hug. OMG woman, you have suffered more physical pain and mental anguish than any one person ever should. May you feel the prayers and love of everyone at this time of sorrow.  Through all this Dianne, you can still look up and say you are blessed,.  I will suggest that we are all blessed to know you.  

Dianne, I am launching Deep Sympathy and Comforting Love to the sky to fall upon you many miles away in Seattle.  jb

2 people like this

Diane - my heat goes out to you.  I wish I could be there in person, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Tom

1 person likes this

A thought I am pondering as I think about Dianne's challenges and pain.

Did you ever notice some people have way more than their share of pain and some people have barely any?  I know we cannot tell by looking at someone or knowing them casually, but I know some people very closely, for my entire life that have had little or no painful life experiences.  Yes, they may have pain inside from thoughts, etc. that are personal to them, but I am talking about pain from "life events."

Did you also notice, the people without many painful "life events," are much less empathetic and much less rounded a person in general?

People that have experienced much pain in their lives have so much to offer, so much to give.

Would we choose this pain, of course not, are we glad we have had this pain, of course not.  Yet, this pain brings with it a "gift" of empathy.

Dianne is a perfect example of this.

Edited by ellaangel2
3 people like this

Dear Dianne: I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. Losing a child has to be the worst pain of all--and the way in which this happened is unbelievable to me. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May you find some peace in all of this, and may your body heal. It seems as if you were doing so much better with the pump. I pray that it can be replaced.

1 person likes this

Dianne,

So sorry for your loss.  I'm glad your loved ones are with you.  RIP Casey. 

Hugs,

Marcia

1 person likes this

Ella, you make a good point.  Many people who suffer pain, loss of a mate, or other things emerge from those experiences stronger and more sensitive to needs of other people.,  Reminds me of the line often quoted by a young man that I used to work with in the construction business. How many times did I hit my finger with my hammer and curse, only to hear Ian pipe in with "Johnny, it won't hurt when the pain goes away and you will emerge as a stronger man."   

Dianne, you certainly are aware of how other people feel and understand their challenges. Often you ignore your needs while you console others.  I hope that in the coming days that you will gather strength from  the heartfelt good wishes and compassionate thoughts that are being sent to you.

4 people like this

Dianne my thoughts and prayers are with you

Bard

1 person likes this

Dianne-I am so sorry.  I wish I was near so that I could give you a hug and sit with you.  May God wrap his love around you at this time.

1 person likes this

Dianne, just now reading about your son.  I am so so very sorry about his passing.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.  Sending prayers up for you.

Sheila

1 person likes this