helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Diane, just read about your son. Thoughts and prayers are with you. What a remarkable strong woman you are. You are an example to all of us. Lorraine

• Like 1

Good Morning Murrray, Pathfinder and SoCalGal, and of course everyone else who checks in. It is always nice to see new names on this column.  I hope that anyone who wishes to  be, feels included here,  Any person who wishes to add a comment or greeting or complaint should feel free to do so on this thread. 

Murray, it is nice to hear you talk about planning a garden.  Last summer was really hot and dry and I was starting to think about why do I have this big  garden, and my back would ache from pulling pigweed out that had tap roots that must of been 50 ft long that emerged in gopher tunnels deep below the earths surface and the rodents would tie the roots together in granny knots, making them impossible to pull and I needed a back hoe to get them out. Well, it was not quite that bad, but sometimes I do get tired of the garden.  Or my back does.  But that is all forgotten when spring rolls around and the ground wams, the soil gets turned over, seeds go in, transplants are carefully inserted into the ground and daily checks are made looking for the green shoots to emerge from the planted seeds as they explode with the moisture and coaxed upwards out of the dirt by the warm sunshine of early summer. Miracles take place as a little brown potato buried out of sight sends up a handful of new shoots that will feed a dozen new potatoes under the surface, waiting to be discovered later in the summer.  Sore backs are forgotten this time of year.

It is a beautiful day out here today.  I better get out and enjoy it. 

Safe weekends to everyone;

jb

Edited by jb49
  • Like 4

jb, I feel the same way about growing food. It is an affirmation of the cycle of life. Hope springs eternal. We deal with the sore backs and granny knots of life as best we can, remembering the new growth that comes after a cold, hard season.

Dianne

• Like 1

Good morning Everyone,

It is a nice day.  Happy holiday to you all.  It is a hoiday for all provincial government employees here in Ontario, Most of the public workers like teachers and hydro workers get a paid day off.   For workers in the private sector it is a little spotty whether your boss gives it or not.  It is a relatively new holiday introduced by the Ontario government about 15 years ago and it was named Famliy Day. 

How are you doing Dianne.  Planning that rooftop garden in your mind?.  Im sure you have thousands of thoughts streaming though your head, sorting out your memories and processing emotions.  Remember we are all still thinking of you,

Ella, have you found Linda yet?  I wonder where she is?

Well, I think that my shaky crampy body is telling me that 4 hours have passed since I swallowed a pair of pills before the sun was up.  It is time for another pair.

Good days to all.  jb

• Like 1

Good morning all,

We hit 60 degrees yesterday....snow all melted but my guess is don't put the snow plow away yet...one more taste of white stuff in March.

Yesterday was reading through Lurkers and Posters and notice Linda last post was 1/30/2017 then a posting the next day by Roger with a comment something to the effect of "sorry to see Linda leaving" and she did say she was having problems navigating through the forum.  That's all that I could find.

This morning notice some small buds on my cherry tree plus it's nice to have the sun out instead of the cloudy days...it helps my outlook on life.  I feel sorry for those in California with the rain and mud slide plus tornado in San Antonio.

Hope all is safe.

Patricia

Good morning Everyone,

It is a nice day.  Happy holiday to you all.  It is a hoiday for all provincial government employees here in Ontario, Most of the public workers like teachers and hydro workers get a paid day off.   For workers in the private sector it is a little spotty whether your boss gives it or not.  It is a relatively new holiday introduced by the Ontario government about 15 years ago and it was named Famliy Day. 

How are you doing Dianne.  Planning that rooftop garden in your mind?.  Im sure you have thousands of thoughts streaming though your head, sorting out your memories and processing emotions.  Remember we are all still thinking of you,

Ella, have you found Linda yet?  I wonder where she is?

Well, I think that my shaky crampy body is telling me that 4 hours have passed since I swallowed a pair of pills before the sun was up.  It is time for another pair.

Good days to all.  jb

It is "President's Day" here.  Private Industry keeps working however. I  was driving along in a cool wet morning that resembles spring already.  My peach tree is blossoming, the grass is turning green and new leaves are starting to show.  It appears our legendary gopher was wrong.  Then again, it is still possible for the harsh Midwest weather to dive into one more deep freeze and kill all new life that sprouted over the weekend. 

snowmobile is quiet today,have to get out the rake instead,but hopefully colder weather will return soon as extended early warm ups cause much harm with fruit orchards.It happened a few years ago and most of the fruit crops were heavily damaged.For those who disregard climate change  it"s here today.

It is a comfort to know that you are holding me in your thoughts. I have some days that seem nearly normal, then days where all I do is sleep because my body hits a brick wall. Grief is tiring. Some days my carb/levo barely works; other days it gives me dyskinesia. I much prefer the constant level provided by the Duopa pump.

I have been held up by friends and family and members of my spiritual community. I am resilient. I will survive this and grow from it.

Dianne

Good Morning Everyone,

Despite everything going on in the world, some things remain constant.  As Winter struggles to keep control of the weather with frosty nights, Springtime starts to change the landscape with warm sunny days. Th snow starts to melt and the warmer sun has us shrugging out of the winter coats.  Not putting them away yet because Winter still controls things and can roar back at any time like yesterdays comments suggest.  But the tug of war between the Winter and Spring triggers the sap running in the Maple Woods of Ontario, New York State, Quebec, and your New England States. Maple syrup is produced only in these geographic areas because of its weather and the native Sugar Maple trees.  It has started again and I have 90 pails hanging off of the trees with the help of my good Neighbour.  

Thanks for the input about Linda Patricia. Hopefully she is just taking a break and we will soon hear from her again.  Murray, I think that the gophers, (groundhogs, woodchucks) like the stature of being the weather predictors and have learned to give the answer that we want, not what they really sense.Ha, do they really have that humanistic capability?  You are right about that Johnny, Fruit tree blossoms don't do well when Jack Frost returns to them.  

Dianne, I hope that you have a good day today. We will be thinking of you.  Do you feel the strength of that coming to you?

Everyone be safe today, 

jb

Yes, jb, I absolutely feel the strength and positive energy being sent my way. I can't imagine how anyone could survive such sadness without the support of loving friends. I am grateful/

Dianne

Good morning everyone.  Hope you are all up and attem as best you can.  Sap is running  and Im all tired out. Everyone have a good day and be safe.

jb.

good morning,  yes it is Shera. I usually dont start this early.  I sorta hope it doesnt go to long.  It is a lot of work. .

gnite All 

jb

I like flower gardens. But on a simple scale. I tore out the sticker bush as anyone getting too close got stuck. 

Doing ok but found I need a Whooping Cough shot before grand baby appears. I had one two years ago but I guess every year?? Or at least every year a baby is born. 

It's hard to type when it's dark in the room. Some of the keys aren't so easy to find. 

Well wishes to all.

Good Morning Forum Family!

How are you Diane?  Still thinking about you everyday.

Well, my DH and I had a very small garden last year and decided we wanted to do a little bigger one this year.  He went out last weekend with the old Allis tractor and two bottom plow (which looks like an old steel wheeled lawn ornament) and started plowing.  Thank goodness I walked out because he was so thrilled with how well it was working that our garden is now the size of a small corn field!  Who knows how large it would have been if I hadn't stopped him. 

Have to go for now.

Have a great day everyone and keep posting.  I love to read about what you're all doing. 

Linda????

• Like 1

Thank you all for your care and concern for me. I have sad times and times when I am grateful my son is no longer suffering from the Schizo-affective disorder which was making him so unhappy.

I am experiencing a wide range of reactions to my oral carb/levo. I hope to learn this Friday when I can get the PEG-j tube replaced and use the Duopa again.

I still need more rest than previously. I imagine it's a combination of grief, illness and the change in meds. Allowing feelings to surface and not trying to stuff them seems to be the best way for me to deal with this roller coaster ride.

Dianne

We are expecting another grandchild. Our kids didn't have any till they were middle age. So about the time we thought there would be none- we get three. This takes a lot of wonderment. I think it is important to keep positive so positive things can happen. 

I hope everyone has the gift of wonderment. 

• Like 2

Good Morning,

Wow, this forum looks brand new. Oh, it is still the same.  Type 10 characters and correct 4 of them.   Hi Marcia J, Dianne, Peace and Shera.  I have not been posting much of late.  I seem to be too tired to sit down to write in the evening.  And too busy first thing in the morning.   Maple syrup season is here.  It is not exactly good weather for it .  No consistency to it.  I still need -5 C nights followed by +7 C days with sunshine to trigger the good runs.  It remains a big job to collect the sap and boil the water out of it to the proper density of maple syrup.  My body protests against the added work, but I can still do it.  (Pass the Advil please). We have made 15 litres of syrup so far, and there is more on the fire boiling.

Marcia, that is nice that you are getting more Grandbabies.   It is nice that you make effort  to protect their health, but I don't think that you have to get a whooping cough vaccine every year.  Peace, I love the big garden story.  Man, I have started to plow just a little patch bef. ore, but when those slick furrows start turning over it is hard to stop.  Dianne, I still hold you in my thoughts every day.  I hope that the hurt is slowly getting sorted out, thought about and reconciled in your mind.  Shera, whazzup?

Okay, got to get going here. 

Good days to all.

jb

• Like 2

Don't the powers that be know better than to change things for us Parkies?  I am getting too old to learn new ways.

Life is good, there might be one or two snowflakes this weekend in North Georgia! I get excited when it does since it is so rare down here. (Damn, where are the emoticons?)

:mrgreen: Found them!

Have a lovely weekend, y'all!

Sheila

• Like 2

Good Morning. Fired up the lawn mowers last week, mowed the back yard. Yesterday afternoon was time for the walk behind mower to get the stuff (under trees, around bushes) that the riding mower can not get to.

My friend, the Cardinal, was back battling his arch enemy that appears in the mirror of my truck.  Does anyone want to knit me some mirror covers? Then he is funny to watch, at times reminds me not to be so hard on myself for not getting everything done, but enjoy what I can accomplish.

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, what is going on in your world.  

She Ra, now tell us, did you get some snowflakes in Georgia.

Today we are getting a bit of snow.  The weatherman and weatherladies  have been all excited by a storm coming up the coast. The Atlantic Seaboard to be more exact. New York City has been snowed upon I see.  As of yet, we haven't seen much snow, although 100 miles away in Toronto, many flights have been cancelled. 

Hello Texas Tom. Sounds like the season has changed for you. That would be nice to be getting ready for lawnwork. Although we have not had hardly any snow this winter, and had some record high temps in March, last week was a very cold week and the ground is froze hard. I too have a cardinal in my yard.  But he isn't seeing his reflection.  He frequents the birdfeeder and with one sunflower seed at a time, he stays plump and warm.

I bottled 9 litres of syrup yesterday, (about 8 quarts). The sap hasn't run very well in the last 2 weeks. Oh well, we will get some good runs yet this spring.

This morning I watched a Red Fox in my backyard.  It came drifting in along the horse pasture fence. The long grass in the fenceline is home to some fat field mice who hide and live there.  He sniffed along the fence, cocked his head and stared, but not finding anything he turned and came into the backyard.  He was only about  40 feet from where I stood in the house at the window.  He did turn and stare at me, locked eyes with mine and warned me not to move, don`t go get the the camera.  So I stood still as he turned his attention to the base of some perennial flowers. He gathered himself into a crouch, cocked his head to the right and then the left and then lunged his sharp teeth and jaws into the flowerbed and pulled out his breakfast.  A quick shake of his head and a toss and a gulp he was finished.  He trotted across the vegetable garden, exchanged greetings with Max, who watched it all from his barn..   ``Hey Max, why the long face this morning`` , I think I heard the fox say.

And I better get out and feed Max.

How are you doing today Dianne.  I hope that the sun shines for you in Seattle today.

Good days to everyone, 

jb

• Like 1

JB, sadly no snow, not a single flake.  However, 40 miles north of us they got about 1.5 inches!  That would have been the perfect amount for me. 26F this morning - rather chilly for this old gal!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Nothing but rain in Seattle. There is a chance of seeing the sun on Sunday. The meteorologists refer to them as sun breaks.

Dianne

Good Morning Everyone

Hi Dianne, How are you doing today. Any headway with a new pump?  

Sheila, sorry that you didn't get some snow.  There was plenty to go around I'm sure. Maybe next year.

Well, it is St. Patrick's  Day.  I will hoist a pint to all the Irish here later today.  

I will take a minute to remember an old friend that used to be a solid fixture on this forum.  He died too young and many of us miss him.  He loved his wife and  family, men and women in Service, Notre Dame University football,  and his Church and God.   Bill, I know that you are watching over us.  Happy St. Patricks Day to you.

And to all of you.,

jb 

• Like 2