helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

6,939 posts in this topic

Nothing but rain in Seattle. There is a chance of seeing the sun on Sunday. The meteorologists refer to them as sun breaks.

Dianne

Good Morning Everyone

Hi Dianne, How are you doing today. Any headway with a new pump?  

Sheila, sorry that you didn't get some snow.  There was plenty to go around I'm sure. Maybe next year.

Well, it is St. Patrick's  Day.  I will hoist a pint to all the Irish here later today.  

I will take a minute to remember an old friend that used to be a solid fixture on this forum.  He died too young and many of us miss him.  He loved his wife and  family, men and women in Service, Notre Dame University football,  and his Church and God.   Bill, I know that you are watching over us.  Happy St. Patricks Day to you.

And to all of you.,

jb 

2 people like this

Thanks for the post Jb. Its tough losing a friend.

It was a quiet St Patricks day for us. However, my DW is 50% Irish so we had a beautiful dinner of corned beef and cabbage….with a little bit of Jameson and soda!

Dear Lord I love that woman. I can have a blasé day and she can be a pick me up without even trying.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all!

Darn, I just lost my entire post.  Let's try this again.

Hello Everyone!

jb-I would have liked to have known Bill.    I need to go buy some real maple syrup.  I've never had it and am really interested in trying it.

papa-you speaking about your wife in such glowing terms makes me smile.  It's so nice when couples encourage and build each other up.

Diane-I hope you are well on the way to getting your pump.

Murray, Marcia, Island women, johnnys, texas tom and everyone else:  Have a beautiful day.   It is the anniversary of my diagnoses, which also coincides within a day of my birthday.  Somehow it's "ok".  I was worried in the beginning that this time of year would bother me but it doesn't.  Yay for me!

Edited by Peace
1 person likes this

Good Evening,

Hi Peace, Bard, Dianne, Papa57.

Hope your day went ok Dianne.

You too Bard, How is BC this week.  Avalanches are terrible this year it seems.

Papa57, Peace already mentioned it but I wanted to agree with her that you said some very sweet things about your wife.You sound like a lovely couple.

And Papa57 and Peace, thanks for the kind words about losing a friend.   Bill was a member of the forum that preceded this one.  He was a wonderful man and a great poster.  Bill was from Colorado and a friend to many people.

Peace, you should try some Maple syrup.  It is great on pancakes, added to muffin mixes. sweetener for your tea or cereal.  Or take a bowl, fill it with vanilla ice cream and pour a good dollop of maple syrup over it . I could go on but you get the drift I am sure.   It is full of good nutrients as well.  And Happy Birthday Peace.  2 years into PD.  Hope you are winning the fight!!

I watched the hockey game on TV tonite.  Reminded me of Saturday nights 50 years ago when Dad got out the barber clippers and gave haircuts to me and my three younger brothers.  We sat in the high chair, Dad with one eye on the hockey game and the other on his hands. Sunday at Church we could show the missing hair when some player got a breakaway.  Other wounds included burnt neck from the hot barber clippers and nicked ears.  Happy to report that we all survived the Saturday Night haircuts.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

JB 

Edited by jb49
2 people like this

Hello everyone, Haven't posted in awhile, been busy watching the snow fall.  Got almost 2' here!  I like winter though, so I welcomed it, this is how Winter should be in New York.  I think it is one of the most beautiful seasons.  I so enjoy the change of seasons and feel slighted if I don't see them all to the fullest.  Although, Fall is my very favorite, Summer my least.  

Jb, My childhood seems to come up a lot lately in my mind too.  Funny, you should say you were looking back 50 years, I just did the same thing the other day.......thought to myself, "gee, 50 years ago we moved into the house I live in now."  I was 9 years old.  Seems my childhood comes up a lot in my mind lately.  I enjoy thinking about it.

I like your story about the hockey game and haircut nights.

It's 1:30am, one of those "sleepless" nights, I'm afraid........

Edited by ellaangel2
2 people like this

jb….I tap a half dozen maple trees, and the sap is finally flowing! Make just enough for home use and gifts. I must admit I don't have the patience to boiling it down correctly so its usually a little watery. But its all for fun.

On your menu choices I have to vote for putting in on vanilla ice cream. Even though it goes well on just about anything.

The weather lady says tomorrow is first day of spring. Yay.

I remember Bill. He was on here to welcome me to the site. Years ago. I found since I turned 65 everything tends to move a little faster, or everyone seems to have more grey hair, and those news people look awful young. They ought to be delivering newspapers. I would not care if I grew older if it is a healthy older. But I guess that's not going to happen. 

I like to read and I like to watch movies so I find it interesting if I read the book that was made into a movie. Sometimes they change a lot. Once in a while I find one that sticks close to the book. Far from the Madding Crowd is a book which choose to stick to the book. That is 1967 version. You might get upset with what happens to the dog. The reviewer mentioned another thing but I can't remember. 

Have a good spring everyone.

1 person likes this

On 19/03/2017 at 4:33 AM, jb49 said:

Good Evening,

Hi Peace, Bard, Dianne, Papa57.

Hope your day went ok Dianne.

You too Bard, How is BC this week.  Avalanches are terrible this year it seems.

Papa57, Peace already mentioned it but I wanted to agree with her that you said some very sweet things about your wife.You sound like a lovely couple.

And Papa57 and Peace, thanks for the kind words about losing a friend.   Bill was a member of the forum that preceded this one.  He was a wonderful man and a great poster.  Bill was from Colorado and a friend to many people.

Peace, you should try some Maple syrup.  It is great on pancakes, added to muffin mixes. sweetener for your tea or cereal.  Or take a bowl, fill it with vanilla ice cream and pour a good dollop of maple syrup over it . I could go on but you get the drift I am sure.   It is full of good nutrients as well.  And Happy Birthday Peace.  2 years into PD.  Hope you are winning the fight!!

I watched the hockey game on TV tonite.  Reminded me of Saturday nights 50 years ago when Dad got out the barber clippers and gave haircuts to me and my three younger brothers.  We sat in the high chair, Dad with one eye on the hockey game and the other on his hands. Sunday at Church we could show the missing hair when some player got a breakaway.  Other wounds included burnt neck from the hot barber clippers and nicked ears.  Happy to report that we all survived the Saturday Night haircuts.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

JB 

Hi jb..yes i remember Bill ..what a good friend and yes again jb  a wonderful man..em45

Hi Emily ,

It is a nice surprise to see your name up on the forum again.  How are things for you.?

Hello Dianne, I hope that you are getting through your days okay.  I keep your journey in my thoughts.

Ella, as I get older, I like to recall my younger years.  Not that I dwell in the past, but I did have a wonderful childhood.  I didn't truly appreciate it until I was older.

Papa57,  Goodwork with the maple syrup.  I am sure that your gifts are appreciated.  It is a lot of work eh?

Marcia, happy springtime to you. That could be a good movie. " Happy Marcia's Springtime Adventures."

Good days to everyone,

jb

2 people like this