helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,291 posts in this topic

Good Morning everyone.

Happy April Fools Day !!  However did that strange little custom get started?

Marcia, why dont you make up a little story about this April Fools Day thing and its origin.  Maybe it could be made into a movie.

Nice to see so many people posted.  Glad to see you Linda.  And Em who has to hit the send button extra hard to get it here all the way from Ireland.  Em was on the forum previous to this one before I got there. Bard, South West Ontario produces tons of maple syrup and those pipelines for collecting the sap are like giant vines running through the woods.  Sure saves a lot of work for commercial syrup producers.  I just carry mine. Peace, when I have muscles that feel like cramping up tight, I do drink Canada Dry tonic water which lists quinine as an ingredient.  (I have also had quinine pills rxd by my Doctor).  I seem to sense that they are going to happen a day or so ahead and I just start to split a can of tonic into a glass of orange juice a couple times a day and it seems to head them off.  It is quite bitter without something in it. Ella: my hummingbirds arrive in the late spring hoovering around the very spot where the feeder hangs.  I see them and then put it up.  Must be the same family groups come every,  year. The syrup can get a bit messy when I filter off a batch and it gets on the floor.  My neighbour who helps me out with it and I joke about it being a good thing that we don't do it during bee season.   I  better get back to the shack and the bubbling brew, the sugar shack that is Marcia, not the caddyshack!  

Hope everyone has a good day.

jb

2 people like this

Thank you for sharing that link with us LAD, I very much enjoyed reading your journey.  You make so many wonderful points.  You have a very loving family, I can see it in their eyes.  A wonderful support system for you.  How great that you and hubby are even closer now and taking dance lessons too!  Something that may not have happened without PD.   Life can be very mysterious, can't it?

Well, now, we feel like we know you very well too, please continue to participate in this thread (it is our "down home" thread, a very comfortable place to be........with Jb being our "Master of Ceremonies."

1 person likes this

Oh, Dianne. Dear, dear friend.  I just now caught up to your post about your son.  What a shock, to put it mildly.  I agree with everything jb said, especially wishing you were close enough to give a hug.  You really have gone through so very much, and we all agree that you are one strong, strong lady.    I'm so sorry for all the trouble with the pump issues and pray that things work out.  I know it must be so frustrating to you.  I'm so glad to hear of so many who are stepping up to help out and/or just be with you.  This is a wonderful forum with many who care for you and are thinking of and praying for you.  (jb, you've provided such warm, welcoming place of respite for so many.  Thank you for your hospitality and faithful commitment to it through the years.  Very family like.  Very needed.)

1 person likes this

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that everyone had a good weekend.  I am happy to say that I finished with the maple syrup boiling on Saturday.  Now the cleanup!!!

So Ella, I have become the MC, you made me chuckle.  I just write stuff and try to engage people to come forward and say hi.  A long time ago, I realised that a lot of the topics on the forum were complex and I felt that I never had enough knowledge to offer a comment on it. But me being me, I couldn`t just read and not say anything.  That is how Good Morning`` got started.  No topic really.  Just a place to say hi! Or whatever you want.  Like a never closed coffee shop where we can all sit down and chat and come and go.  Make a comment,  or just a nod,  I know some of you just walk up and peek in the window, perhaps you are shy to come in and pull up a chair and that is fine too.  Just know that everyone is welcome to join in with a comment if you wish.   There is lots of room for everyone to join in.  And Ella, If I get to be the MC, and a strand of this thread, and I can be so bold to say;  it is only through the dedicated postings and readings of all of you that have taken all of these strands and created a good and strong strong thread that with passing time has become a strong rope.  With a strength of history, a purpose of the present, and hopes of the future the rope grows stronger.  

Well, I didn`t sit down intending to spout off about all this.  Maybe LAD it was triggered by your comment a couple days back when you said we all  ``seem to know each other so well``.

Good days to all,

jb

4 people like this

I am so happy that I found this forum,  it has really been a wealth of information and a big comfort to interact with people who I can relate to. Being only two weeks into my diagnosis I am still very scared however coming to the site daily to read is a big comfort. Thank you all and I look forward to interacting and speaking to all of you.

2 people like this

The Count- glad you found something that helps. Stay with positive forums and positive threads like this one😊  My son is finishing up his masters as a physician assistant and he made me promise not to "google it" 

Edited by LAD

Good Morning all!...I hope that each and every one of you have a fantastic day!!

:D

Thank you Count.  My day should be better than the weather at any rate.  It is pretty grey outside and it rained most of the night.  It looks soggy.  And I like soggy mornings about as much as I like soggy raisin bran cereal.  Oh well, have a good one 

jb

Good morning everyone. LAD love the poster.

I'm in a good mood, but having a sh!t day. Septic Tank has backed up. Hard to have a good day, but life goes on. My wife was really upset I wasn't more upset.  Meh, in the scheme of life it is small thing. Don't sweat the small stuff. Removed the access cover (thankfully I have an electric screw driver, or I would still be out there removing screws that would hold a submarine togethether at 200 leagues. Time to call in the pro. Septic guy called.  Need to get the dog to the vets to have an xray (my avatar dog) as he had ACL surgery 8 weeks ago, so time for his follow up.   On the bright side, I can use the bathroom while at the Vets office.

Sun is out, no rain in the forecast this week.

1 person likes this

Hi  Count..thank you and hope you too are having a good day...don't know what time it is where ye are now here it is 16.05  and believe it or not the sun is shining yes it's Ireland folks..hope i am in better form tomorrow up and down days anyway take care everybody.

em

Good morning my new friends! I hope everyone has a good day (well at the very least fair to moderate 😀). 

On 4/4/2017 at 10:50 AM, TexasTom said:

Good morning everyone. LAD love the poster.

I'm in a good mood, but having a sh!t day. Septic Tank has backed up. Hard to have a good day, but life goes on. My wife was really upset I wasn't more upset.  Meh, in the scheme of life it is small thing. Don't sweat the small stuff. Removed the access cover (thankfully I have an electric screw driver, or I would still be out there removing screws that would hold a submarine togethether at 200 leagues. Time to call in the pro. Septic guy called.  Need to get the dog to the vets to have an xray (my avatar dog) as he had ACL surgery 8 weeks ago, so time for his follow up.   On the bright side, I can use the bathroom while at the Vets office.

Sun is out, no rain in the forecast this week.

Love the positives you look for and find among the unpleasantries!

2 people like this

Good Morning everyone, hope you have/having a good day! Today is better for me as the last few days my left calf/ankle/foot have been in agony, this tends to happen every month or so and lasts a few days. I figure it must be dystonia from the PD as it went unexplained for almost a year after Xrays/MRI's a podiatrist and reuhmtologist were scratching their heads and were clueless.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and hope to chat soon!

TheCount! B)

Thnking about our new member, The Count, I will change my format this morning.

1. Good morning to every one.

2.  It takes two Levadopa to get me awake in the morning. One for each eye

3.   A third hand may be helpful some days.  Ah, who needs three shaky hands.

4.  Four--ward I trudge, hauling myself along this mysterious trail called Life

5.  favourite 5 sandwiches-BLT, roast beef, egg salad, ham and cheese and Peanut Butter with Honey

6.  the big 6 -0 is Looming within a year and I plan to......

7.  I baked cookies yesterday and today I will eat seven of them.  I did get a jump on this topic, only 3 more to go . 

8.  I went to the local Chinese buffet last nite with a buddy.  I 8 a lot.

9.  At age 9, I went to a one room country school, grades 1-3 with no running water.

10. Despite some challenges, maybe about 10 of them, and in my tenth year of Parkinsons, It is a good life I have even if I have to take 10 Levadopa pills a day.

5 people like this

Big 6-0 for me this year too.....in November.......

Had Chinese with a friend last night too......

I didn't bake cookies yesterday, but if I did, I would definitely eat 7 of them!

Life, sure is a "mysterious trail,"........perfect description.

This year will be the big 40 for me.... In July.... I have a very interesting birthdate 7-7-77, I've actually been craving Chinese food lately and hope to talk my wife into it soon (she's very picky with food). And cookies do sound amazing right now wish I had some fresh baked ones maybe I can talk the wife into making those soon too. I Love to cook but not to bake.

well anyway I hope you all have a great day!

Hope everyone had a good day...I follow another online PD site ... this is the pledge....works for me!

IMG_2331.PNG

Edited by LAD
5 people like this

Good Morning Everybody.

That is a good poster LAD. We can all use motivational help and encouragement.  How are you doing now Count.   Hi Linda, and i know that Dianne is out there someplace.Tom, is your septic system working ok again. If you have a house, there is always something to fix is there not.

I spent a good part of my weekend with the less glamorous side of Maple syrup production.  It isn't the picture that gets in the Calendar for the month of March.  I scrubbed up all the buckets from the trees, rinsed and bleached and rinsed and dried, cleaned and scraped the boiling vats, cleaned out the shack, returned Roys borrowed equipment, and washed out a load of sticky gloves, syrup filters, and rinsed and labelled all the canned syrup. No fun there, trust me. 

Bard, that was a tragic weekend in Vancouver with the Hikers.  There were 5 people climbing  a recreational trail, near Vancouver, that went up a high mountain.  It seems that the 5 of them were standing on a snow edge, more than a mountain edge, when the snow collapsed and they all fell to their obvious deaths.  Despite a big search effort, no bodies have been recovered.   Be safe everyone!

Okay, I have to go and have some pancakes and syrup now.

Good days to Everyone,

jb

Wow, you sure were a busy guy jb, that's a lot to do, that part doesn't always get recognized by others.........the cleanup is always the worst with any job, even when cooking a simple meal.  I would say all that work deserved a good nap, or a good "Canadian Ale,"........maybe both!  (I spent all my Summers growing up at our cottage in Canada......remember my Dad looked forward to his Canadian brew.

I am sitting here as I "speak," eating my waffles with my Mrs. Butterworths syrup........no comparison to the breakfast you are about to have though......

Edited by ellaangel2

And it's dark out. And getting darker. But no matter how dark it gets it is worth it to stand in line for the famous JB maple syrup. Someone else in line is singing a beautiful song while I cook pan cakes on the griddle. The griddle is on a table with wheels. So I cook as I roll. And I yell out, "Who has number 300,000." Someone in line throws up his hand and I flip that stack directly into his palm. Just in time to also get his maple syrup also. Some people had waited in line since yesterday and slept in line in a sleeping bag. Some people are here so long that I give them little chores to do. Hey, you want the maple syrup so badly that chores does not phase you. You'd much rather he had the extra time to make that syrup. Except the season is over but JB saw ahead and made much and selling it now cause these people know their syrup. A number of Parkies are in line too. When we get to the next in line we say, "Oh I forgot something." and run back to the end of the line tugging the griddle behind me. It was so much fun that I decided to stay in line. That has to be a record. Then I float and something stopped the train of thought and open my eyes and realize it was a dream.

And if you believe that one I have a swamp I could sell you. Or is it the London Bridge. I think they both are not available.

3 people like this