helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,241 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2017 at 9:55 PM, LAD said:

How can I post a picture in a post?

33762744930_39c42abf04_z.jpg

4 people like this

Good Morning Everyone that Peeks in at these pages,

Hi Pathfinder from the previous page.   It is easy to get lost at the bottom of the page when a new page gets started.  It  sounds like you were going to have a great day with your husband.  I hope that you did.

And LAD, it looks like you got it all figured out how to post pictures on this forum. Good Work! Cute picture!

It rained quite a bit here in the last couple of days.  I will have to get out my lawnmowers, get them gassed and oiled and such and likely have to cut the grass on the weekend.  Daffodils will likely bloom in a few days as well. There is lots of stuff to rake up, trees to prune and stuff to do.  The seasons roll on with a relentless nature, presenting to me every day; jobs that are to be done.  Cause that is what I always did, but I must admit that I don't get as much done in a day as a used to..  Sometimes I wish that there was a pause button that could be used to take a time out on the Calendar, get an extra 4 weeks to catch up on jobs,  a 2 week block of time for relaxing and reading a good book, and then maybe a 3 week period where I go on a fishing trip up North and while I am gone, Good Elves come into my home and house clean, paint some of the rooms that need it,  and while they are at it, do a couple little renovations and repairs that I should of done over the winter.   Oooops,  that adds up to nine weeks.  That may really screw up the world to take a 9 week pause.  I may have to rethink it and line up some super elves.

Have a good day everyone.  jb

1 person likes this

OK, jb, I'm peeking in. I think you are doing a fine job. But who says everything needs getting done. I just make a list and then forget where I put it and so that means I must have gotten everything done. But who says what is important anyway. You do. So do what needs done and leave the rest alone. I'm not really good at posting pictures. I may have to give up posting new avatars. My DH had to help me with this one. I was holding a light wand that turned things green. 

And LAD love the sweat shirt. And everyone...Hello!!

I thought I'd lost this post but clicked on Reply to this Topic (red box at top) and it reappeared. Wow. Magic. 

m

2 people like this

I don't have the shirt just the picture

This thread is great- did you all see my post about taking care of parents? Love your thoughts!

LAD

Edited by LAD

I like your plan, jb. Good morning to all. T minus 21 hours, 45 minutes to surgery time tomorrow at 8:30 AM PDT. On Saturday at 7:30 AM, I will restart Duopa infusion. Here's to more consistent energy and wearing off only once a day at bedtime!

Dianne

1 person likes this

Hi guys..

love the picture LAD..jb good luck with the gardening , don't overdo it..any chance you can do mine when your finished ..only few miles down the road..he! he!

good luck Dianne ..

Take care everybody

ems

Hi, jb and all.  As always, it is nice to drop in and visit here.  Always pleasant and peaceful.  Great going, jb.  :-)

1 person likes this

Marcia, you are very observant, I didn't realize Lad's pic was a "shirt."  Now, I see the sleeves!  :o  by the way, I kind of like the green glow on your pic, kind of like an alien!  A very attractive "alien," I may add!

Love that shirt btw LAD!  So cute!

Good luck to you Diane, you are a trooper!  I think you will do just fine.

Jb, Daffodils are my favorite Spring flower, I was just thinking of planting some for next year, after admiring my neighbors lush garden full.

Problem is, I have been "thinking" about planting them for the last 5 years!

Jb, please send some of those "elves" to my house, I really could use them!  Spring is a beautiful time of year, but for some reason everything that needs to be done seems to be staring you right in the face all at once! 

Sometimes, I need a nap just from "thinking" about all that has to be done!  :wacko:

Edited by ellaangel2
1 person likes this

Thank you all for this thread.  There are so many negative ones out there. I get that PD is difficult and quite frankly it sucks but it's the hand we've been dealt. You choose to play it or fold.  Folding is not an option for me.  Thank you all for being "players", encouraging each other and allowing me to be part of it. 

LAD

1 person likes this

I surely agree with you, LAD.  And you are one of our biggest "players" in dealing well with the hand dealt.

1 person likes this

So, had to go back to the ER with my mom in the early AM.  I had taken my Miripex 2 hours prior.  I got to the ER and saw my mom and ran out of the room.  I am known for fainting with medical stuff and I knew I was going down.  My BP tanked really fast.  I  guess my BP must go low when I sleep.  Who knew?  They threw me on a guerney and put me in the room next to my mom.  

It was quite comical actually.  Mom was sending my dad over to check on me and I was sending my husband to check on her.  They tilted the bed and I was fine.  I go back in to see my mom and the same thing happens.  I literally made my husband run out of the ER with me because I knew I had to get out or they were going to not let me go.  I was fine in the fresh air.  Moral of the story...I am not your girl for ER situations.

Anyway, I never fainted and through it all....not one tremor.  My mom was sent home and I escaped:)  

Happy Friday!

LAD

1 person likes this

LAD, I tend to faint in hospitals also. I know when I'm going down to get on the floor first so I don't have far to drop. I actually applied for a job in the check in at the hospital. Till I remembered if it's an emergency it might have blood involved.    

Good luck Dianne. Hope everything goes as planned. 

I hear a bam twice. I'm afraid to go look. We took strips of wood and screwed them to the frame of the couch where the flap is. I forget the right name. I don't know if he's (cat) trying to get under the couch. He likes to get under the couch and dig out the stuffing. Got to go. 

Good luck and have a nice day tomorrow. 

My kitty did that too Marcia, I had to buy a couch that went to the floor, it was hard to find, or could have gotten one with legs and removed the legs I guess.  Had to do the same with chair.  Luckily, my furniture was very old and I was in need of new anyway.

Good Morning Everyone.

It made me very happy to see all the posts that have been put up here in the last week.  Just friendly, informative, positive conversation that is open to everyone. I want to empathise that again.  It is open to everyone that wants to post just to say hi.  You don't have to write an essay.

Marcia, I love that green circle spy glass. You should start an Avatar Consultant Agency.  And if I understand correctly, if the list of things to be done is lost, one can assume that the list is completed.  I could try that.

That Elf thing did not work out.  I went to bed last nite and left a mop and a bucket of hot water for the floor, left the can of paint and paint brushes and rollers in the room that needs painting.   And a plateful of cookies.  I awoke this morning to a bucket of cold water, untouched paint equipment, an empty cookie plate and a fat little housedog who didn't want his breakfast.  Why did the Elves make shoes for the shoemaker? 

Ella, nothing is easier than growing daffodils.  and they just keep coming back.

Emma, you would be surprised if you looked out your window and saw me planting geraniums in the garden.  Having floated a couple thousand miles in a rowboat on the North Atlantic Gulf Stream all the way to Ireland.  Wouldn't you be ?

Linda, good to see your presence. Hello Olotorin.Whazzup for you today?

Ah LAD, a fainter.  I can relate to that.  I tend to have low blood pressure too.  The ER story with your mom in the next room is funny.!

Dianne, I hope that your repaired duopump is bringing relief to your body this morning. Fingers crossed for you.  

Oh, Marcia.  Don't leave screwdrivers and other tools lying around where the cats can get them. They are devious creatures not to be trusted.

Have a good Saturday Everyone,   jb

ps..  Marcia, I just about lost all of this post and then I remembered what you said about that red box; Thanx  Whiz Kid!

2 people like this

Thsnks JB! I often though of starting a blog of my journey. For now, the forum works! 

Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in my PD journey. My friend and trainer is getting certified in Parkinson wellness recovery. I get to go and participate in the workshop training by being a patient. I may not come out alive. 

Officially certified,  we will launch our new program! Fingers crossed we can help others in there fight against PD!

LAD

2 people like this

Hello Everyone! 

LAD-I don't even have to be in a medical setting to faint.  I can be anywhere, doing anything and if the conversation turns medical I go DOWN!  It's funny that certain body organs and parts bother me more then others.  Don't talk to me about lungs or bones poking thru skin.  Those will have me horizontal right now.  LOL

Diane I am super duper happy for you and can't wait to hear some news.

I  hope everyone had a blessed Easter.  Mine started with a flat tire, then came home to find the goat destroyed the inside of the hen house and ended with dropping my PB cup on the floor (ate it anyway).  But really, I enjoyed the day.

Take care everyone and oh ya,  Welcome to the family Count.

Edited by Peace
2 people like this

Fainting at the sight of blood is one problem I don't have, given my childhood that's for the best:

My dad was very accident prone, but even more ER adverse. When he'd get a laceration mom would grab the sutures and I'd grab the scrubbing bubbles. One time an arosol can exploded, leaving shrapnel in dad's arm, forcing an ER visit. My parents returned home to find 16 year old me had done a chore without  being asked. I replied to mom's graditude with a sigh and the words "I clean up the blood. It's what I do, I clean up the blood". This statement led to the family joke that I should have been a political spin doctor

Speaking of spin, the friend I'm staying with and I have a new game, she names a movie, I come up with a smart aleck summary. Here's a few favorites-

Pirates of the Caribbean - pirates spend ten years searching for Captain's lucky penny.

Gilligan's island - a sad tale of missed opportunity - had the professor spent all that time with access to actual technology, we'd have warp drive by now

Road runner - Coyote, who failed phsyics, trapped in the animal kingdom's hunger games

Pocahontas - sheltered man from a wealthy family falls in love with a hippie

Dianne - hope where ever you are right now your gut is being infused with yummy duopa. 

- Feisty

Edited by Feisty Folder
Can't spell my own screen name
2 people like this

If I do anything right than it must have been an accident. 

DH and I started to do puppet videos. I thought we had emailed it to the  #1 sons children. One is almost 2 and the other is almost 1. We were talking on the phone about doing another video when my DH reminded me that we sent it to #2 sons new baby. Ouch! Now we will have to do a special one for that  blooping mistake. Maybe I should have looked up what 'blooping' means before I use it. As an after thought, if it isn't what I intended I'll deny, deny, deny. I looked up 'deny'. 

But blooping can't be that bad cause it doesn't fall into 'four letter rule'. It's eight letters. Which is four letters times 2. Does that make it double trouble.? 

Hope everyone is having a great day. The good thing about sock puppets is (I forgot what it was) so I deny I had anything in mind.

1 person likes this

Peace, my trick is going out to dinner and almost passing out, squad called, ER, the whole nine yards! So embarrassing! Both times is was an unknown UTI and once low hemoglobin. You can't make this stuff up. My friends don't want to go to dinner with me anymore! Joke! 😜🤢

1 person likes this

Good Morning everyone!

I hope you all have (or are having) a great day....I haven't been on here in a little while, just trying to keep myself busy (I don't really need to try) between work, coaching little league, working on my "honey do" list  it keeps me going....The hardest part of everything is not "crashing" when I get too tired and if I stop and rest I don't want to get back up, lol.

Well Happy Moanday....I mean Monday :D

2 people like this

Hi Everyone,  I am gone away for a week,  Be good, be safe , be strong.  jb

Enjoy  jb..

we'll miss you here..so make sure you get back (with plenty of syrup ..running low here)..take care,

em

Funny Pathfinder!

JB-Hope its a fun vacation that your going on.

The forum no longer notifies me when there is a new post on a thread I follow.  Is anyone else having issues?