helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

Well,

It is a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, a beautiful day to be a Neighbour.

Good Morning everyone.

Em, I think that the trifle sounds yummy.  I love the substitutions. 

LAD, busy and upbeat as always.  Linda, You have a very strong faith and I can see how it sustains you. Pathfinder, I have trouble with low blood pressure sometimes making me feel faint.  Is that what happens to you.  I remember when my Dad had to stop driving because of his Alzheimer condition. It was a difficult thing. Welcome aboard Manolo.  Whazzup on the Delta.?   Hi Ella, and Serenity, wise observations.

And here we are in the 2nd half of the month of May, in the year 2017, as we record years.  It is time to get my garden planted but it is still too cold and wet.  We have been eating lots of asparagus and rhubarb has started. I cut the grass yesterday for only the second time.  We have had lots of rain, but not enough heat for hay and stuff to really grow.

Well lots of jobs and errands  to get done today. 

Heartfelt thoughts go out to Manchester and the loss of lives in that despicable bomb attack.   (Rot in Hell; Bomber)

All the best to my Parky Friends.

jb

• Like 2

Hi jb and everyone.. 

First of all i have to say thanks jb as often i have up and down days as i'm sure some of you may know what i'm talking about...

However on my down days there's times i could be browsing through the forum and i come across a post from jb  and all of a sudden i feel bit better yes

jb you lift my spirits so a huge thank you and take care.

em

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, em45 said:

Hi jb and everyone.. 

First of all i have to say thanks jb as often i have up and down days as i'm sure some of you may know what i'm talking about...

However on my down days there's times i could be browsing through the forum and i come across a post from jb  and all of a sudden i feel bit better yes

jb you lift my spirits so a huge thank you and take care.

em

jb rocks for starting this thread and keeping it going! I am so blessed to be part of it! Thank you all!

jb ...Got a zachism yesterday!

I was reminded today of the beauty of my ADHD son....Upon striking out at baseball by looking at the third strike which is a no no in baseball...he looked at the pitcher and boldly replied "that was a great one!" Sometimes the unfiltered ADHD kid gets it right and calls it like he sees it. 

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

People made fun of Mr. Rogers but kids loved him. I think less violence is needed on TV. I asked a nephew's son why kids wanted to be the bad guy when in past ages it was the good guy. He didn't have an answer. He is in 7th grade. 

• Like 1

Jb, it was my blood pressure,way too low in response to a new stronger medication. Sorry you have the same problem, it is not pleasant!

Lad, love that zachism!!!?

I want the rain to stop so l can plant ?,  herbs are doing fantastic!

As hard as I try....I cannot control my symptoms when I'm in an anxious situation. Why is that? Even after the issue is resolved I'm still in a total panic attack and tremors get worse.  Not good for a mom of boys... One called home after an incident while driving... Everyone is fine and I'm still a mess. I hate it and it makes me so angry. Ugh! Sorry to vent but no one really gets it.  I hope it's ok in this thread to just put it out there. 

LAD

Stress makes all my symptoms worse. I get more dyskinesia watching an intense movie. What works best for me is deep belly breaths.

Abdominal Breathing Technique

How it’s done: With one hand on the chest and the other on the belly, take a deep breath in through the nose, ensuring the diaphragm (not the chest) inflates with enough air to create a stretch in the lungs. The goal: Six to 10 deep, slow breaths per minute for 10 minutes each day to experience immediate reductions to heart rate and blood pressure, McConnell says. Keep at it for six to eight weeks, and those benefits might stick around even longer.

Dianne

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beau's Mom said:

Stress makes all my symptoms worse. I get more dyskinesia watching an intense movie. What works best for me is deep belly breaths.

Abdominal Breathing Technique

How it’s done: With one hand on the chest and the other on the belly, take a deep breath in through the nose, ensuring the diaphragm (not the chest) inflates with enough air to create a stretch in the lungs. The goal: Six to 10 deep, slow breaths per minute for 10 minutes each day to experience immediate reductions to heart rate and blood pressure, McConnell says. Keep at it for six to eight weeks, and those benefits might stick around even longer.

Dianne

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Hi Dianne and LAD..first of all yes Dianne to the deep belly breaths as  same here with stress issues, dyskinesia etc...i am at present attending mindfulness,meditation classes which include deep breathing exercises which do help somewhat just a suggestion LAD  as everybody is different  may help .. 

em

• Like 1

8 hours ago, em45 said:

Hi Dianne and LAD..first of all yes Dianne to the deep belly breaths as  same here with stress issues, dyskinesia etc...i am at present attending mindfulness,meditation classes which include deep breathing exercises which do help somewhat just a suggestion LAD  as everybody is different  may help .. 

em

Thank you both...I do breathing exercises- I'd be a crazy lady without them...I actually have little stickers posted around the house to remind me to breathe..but the one you mentioned is new to me ?

Good Sunday Morning Everyone,

It is a beautiful day here today, someone unzippered  the grey sky that we have been living under, peeled it back and lo and behold, a blue sky with a big yellow globe of sunshine spilled forward.  I hope it dries up my garden some so that I can get my garden planted. I have had tomato plants and onion sets waiting for the chance to send roots down into the soil.  What magic is this: a green plant stuck into the dirt, blossoms and forms big red fruit, that when ripe you can stand in the garden and eat like an apple and feel the warm earthy fruit fill your taste buds or slice it and lay it onto your best sandwich and making it a much better sandwich.

I got some catching up to do.

Pathfinder, yes,  I don't like the faint feeling that comes with low blood pressure.  If I kneel down to do something like tie up my boots and then stand up too fast my head can really spin.  LAD,  did you talk at a Breakfast meeting? How did that  go. Em, thank you for your kind words.  I am glad that I can lift up your spirits when you are down.  You, like Marcia were posting before me on the old YOPD forum.  I guess we have known each other for quite awhile now and old friends should comfort each other.  Dianne, good to see you on the board giving laughter instructions.  Bless you.!    LAD , you can vent here as much as you want.  I love that Zachism.  Give him a high five from me for that one.  And finally Green Marcia, It is good if kids know good guys from bad guys. Mr .Rogers was a gentle soul on TV.  Yes, there is a lot of senseless violence on TV.  Need more comedy shows.

Okay. good days to everyone.

jb

• Like 1

Last Christmas my son sent us a picture of his wife and him. He had a sweater on with Darth Vader and candy canes! How does that mix? The nephews son saw the picture and he instantly said, "I want that." He told me that Darth Vader turned into a good guy. Yes, but he wore normal clothes when he was in after life . His old self was scared from battle and he needed the suit to  breathe. I say all this cause everyone has seen the movie. My son hates it when someone gives away the ending before he has seen the movie. 

DH is very sick. It's a cold but really nasty. It settled in his lungs so had to go to the doctor and get meds .They can't give you anything for a cold but when it's in his lungs, he needs it.  We canceled everything and just staying home. Trying not to spread it. Everyone else is going to the lake. But we got stuff here to do and maybe I'll get that spot in front weeded. I always get stuff after the DH. 

Hectic Sunday for us. Lots of errands, we shall cookout tomorrow. On another awesome note, hubby hasn't slept as much today! I love it when he is awake and spends time with me. I am so fearful that this will harm his ability to walk in the future, sleeping all day so much of the time. But, today was awesome!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Hectic Sunday for us. Lots of errands, we shall cookout tomorrow. On another awesome note, hubby hasn't slept as much today! I love it when he is awake and spends time with me. I am so fearful that this will harm his ability to walk in the future, sleeping all day so much of the time. But, today was awesome!?

Thought of you....LAD

34916149006_4314f802ef.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Love that!  Don't you wish you can repeat today over and over again or at least find out the reason why he's so awake today and keep doing it??  I do believe the more they sleep the less their brain functions from lack of stimulation.   My mom was also pretty awake today.  I increased her Stalevo slightly with the afternoon dose and it seems to be helping a little.  Only time will tell if it keeps up.  

• Like 1

Had fun in the sun today with one of our sons, his son, my wife, her sister…..and other family. Lucky day! Finished off by a nice cookout by our son. Feeling very thankful.

• Like 3

Good Morning Forum Friends, Parkys  from Parksburgh, Parksylvania and any Outerspace Alien Parkys checking in from different Galaxies. Top of the morning to you all.

Last night the frogs were putting up a very loud chorus from wherever they are when dusk comes to the surrounding fields and ponds.  Somehow they must of got ahold of some very good output electronic equipment to be able to amplify their tiny little voices to such a loud noise.  Not that it bothers me.  It is good to hear the peeper frogs singing happily, (looking for love in the dark I suspect, those little rascals!) as Night Time pulls the heavy drapes against the setting Sun, which finally drops into the Pacific Ocean to cool off from a long days work of lighting the sky.  I go to sleep listening to the frogs singing "Hello my Honey, "Hello my Baby" in 3 part harmony Barber Shop style, and wake up at 5 am. to the sound of  Robins singing "Doh, a Dear, Is that a Worm I Hear?" and the Rowdy Red Winged Blackbirds do their best rendition of "Here Comes the Sun" Little Froggys.  You kept us up late, singing from the Boggys.  Are you plugging your ears, trying to sleep under Loggys.  And then the whole world suddenly seems to wake up , even the morning doves, whose sad song suggests that they are mourning that it is morning already.

LAD(Y), my doctor prescribed potato chips for my low blood pressure as well.  He is a good doctor, better than the Quackers who prescribe expensive and nasty tasting pills.  Green Marcia, I hope your Hubby gets over his cold and you don't catch it.  I always thought that Darth Vader would of become a better person if only his parents had of spent more time with him and took him fishing and stuff like that.  Mrclseker, it seems like I am always looking for a pattern of why the pills work better somedays than others. At least potato chips are consistent.   Pathfinder, thankful for the time spent with your husband and P-57,  thankful of time spent  outdoors under the sun,  with family and BBQ,; it is nice that you seem so happy and appreciative of time well spent with loved ones.

I Hope that all of you Americans had a good Memorial Day.

Be safe, jb

• Like 2

It is a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, a beautiful day to be a neighbour.

Well, it is morning time, Morning news has been watched , Pills taken,coffee has been drank. Oatmeal has been eaten. The sun shines and I will hang out some laundry. Maybe cut the grass after it dries up a bit more.  I have lots to do, but I feel sorta sleepy still, and the couch is vacant.  Uuummmh?

I hope you all have good days and don't have to face the decisions like I have to as outlined here.  

jb

Jb - Sounds like my usual morning itinerary........do the "important" things first and then make the decisions for the day......I usually do a few chores and then head for the "vacancy,"  not necessarily in that order either!!  :)

I think we earned that right, after so many years of having a boss and a time schedule to meet.

It is one of the few perks of getting older and being retired........

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone,

And special good morning to Ella.  Pretty quiet on the board today isn't it.  Maybe everyone had too many hotdogs  on Memorial Day. 

17 hours ago, ellaangel2 said:

Jb - Sounds like my usual morning itinerary........do the "important" things first and then make the decisions for the day......I usually do a few chores and then head for the "vacancy,"  not necessarily in that order either!!  :)

I think we earned that right, after so many years of having a boss and a time schedule to meet.

It is one of the few perks of getting older and being retired........

Good Advice you gave me yesterday Ella.  I decided what the heck as I got out of bed this morning and began "The Trudging" around the house for the regular eye opening, muscle stretching, bladder relieving, TV tuning, pill popping, cereal slurping, coffee making, bread toasting, followed by laptop reading and then the dog is on my lap for some sports report watching and then we maybe even do a little bit of  eye shut napping.  That is the usual routine.  Back to  your advice, I don't have to follow the old routine, I can make my own decisions.  I have no boss, so today, I went crazy and instead of oatmeal porridge I went  to my cookie jar and grabbed 2 chocolate chip, and 3 Oatmeal with chocolate chips, raisins and coconut cookies and they tasted good.  I don't usually eat cookies before breakfast, but today I am a Rebel.

Have a great day Ella, and Everyone else too.

jb  

Edited by jb49
  • Like 4

this a few days ago and lost it three times. It just reappeared today.

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, too. Mister Rogers was my daughter Lillian's favorite program when she was young.

I love your description of the magic of gardens growing, jb. As part of a workshop that I attended 30 years ago, I was asked to fold a large piece of white paper into thirds and draw a picture of my past, present, and future on each of the panels. I drew my past showing a very hard-shelled seed with all the colors of the rainbow inside it under snow covered ground, surrounded by creepy insects. The present showed a small sapling with a few branches and leaves. I depicted my future as a full grown tree with flowers of many colors.

It has all come true. From a frightened child in a hostile environment to a small but earnest sapling, to a mature tree in full and glorious bloom, I have and will continue to realize my full potential. This has come about not in spite of PD but because having PD has forced me to nurture myself or be miserable.

• Like 6

I've noticed that I usually don't get to the dusting when I clean the house. I let the cat do under the table and both do the wood floor. 

I lose some of my posts also. I think it  is a test of patience. And maybe test my spelling. I used to look words up a lot. Now spell check has made me lazy. 

And the older I get the bigger the print has to be. 

And now I know what my Mom said was true. What ever it was.

I have to go make lunch. Egg salad sandwiches. Sounds good hey. Wait till I get through with it. 

I love cookies. I try putting mental images in my DH head when he goes to the grocery but it hasn't worked. I'd just tell him but it kind of takes the fun out of it. 

• Like 2

Afternoon!

l have been very busy planting my tomatoes ?, two zucchini in my garden, and sweet potato vines in my front landscaping area. Two days of hard work with my still sore hip from my fall but l did it! Today more outdoor chores cleaning the patio. 

We are getting excited as our son and family will be here soon for a visit. They are changing bases and will stop here on their way. Short time to be here but we don't waste a minute as our entire family can be together. We will have a drive in ? for the kids. DSIL has a huge screen we hang on the patio, cook out, fire and smores! You all should come too!?

?, our grandson has already requested them!! Chocolate chip! Break is over, back to it. PS hubby has had a four day streak of being awake more!!! Not sure what is different, just so thankful!

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 2

Yes jb.... it's been quiet in the neighborhood...pathfinder...chocolate chip cookies are my favorite too!

Another presentation tomorrow but it's only with one person. I'll be sitting so my odds of not fainting are pretty good. it's an important meeting so hopefully I don't get anxious and start to tremor. "Hi I'm here to talk to you about a fitness program that helps manage PD symptoms...please ignore my seizure like tremors.." Hmmm...

Taught one of our "boys" the tango in class today! I thought I knew what I was doing until today. Nonetheless we had fun. We gave my mantra of dance like no one is watching a whole new meaning!

Off to the beach tomorrow. It's calling for some rain but rain at the beach is better than rain at home ? 

Well all...have a great day tomorrow!

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 2