helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Serenity Now    19

Hi JB and others.  If you need a good laugh, check out the picture of this water tower.  I didn't know how to attach picture, so here's the link. 

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/waukesha/2017/06/01/village-sussex-residents-have-heard-water-tower-sex-joke-before/361377001/

Hopefully, I don't get banned for posting this.  😀   

MarciaJ    262

I had my neuro visit yesterday. He told me the rash on my face was Parkinson's connected. Only it usually is up by the hair line. Mine wasn't. I was so surprised that I forgot to ask questions about it.  Like, "When will this go away?" 

Maybe I'll stay green for awhile. (If you've read the past posts you will know I'm not really green, it's a light stick and it made me green only on the picture. )

Everyone have a fun weekend. The rain here got pushed back so the weekend will be rain free. Saturday anyway. 

• Like 1

jb49    640

Good Morning again,

Must be the week of post eating computer binges.  Who likes a laptop keyboard with attitude anyways.  I was just typing a post and Snap!   It disappeared like an icecube in a hot cast iron frying pan.  

Marcia, even if your skin turned green,me and everyone else would still love you.  I hope that your rash clears up for you.  I am glad that you like cookies.  I don't understand people who don't.  Oh, I understand why some don't eat them, but Ireally like them.  I am glad that the cats help you dust, cause it is our pets that create a lot of the need for dusting.  How do you push back the rainstorms, cause we need some pushing back done this weekend on our weather.  I hope that you have a good weekend Marcia and your hubby brings you  home 2 bags of cookies from the grocery store.  And Moms are usually right.  

I agree with Linda , Dianne,  That is a powerful image that I have in my head of you and the paper folded into thirds and the picture it contains.  I hope that you are feeling like that strong tree with many beautiful colours these days.

Serentity, thanks for the laugh.  I bet the painters had a good laugh as well.

LAD, that is pretty neat that you taught your son to Tango, or at least started him on it.  I'm sure that it wouldn't be accomplished in a single lesson.  Where is the Beach? Is it ocean, or lake, river?  I like to row around a lake casting for fish.  Actually I like to fly fish.  I started that about 15 years ago but the little hooks and knots are quickly becoming difficult.

I didn't have any cookies for breakfast today.  Anyone who guessed it is because I finished them all last night before bed gets a gold star.

Pathfinder, I can picture you planting your garden with great care and not without difficulty.  I remember not long ago, spreading a strip of carrot seeds down a long row of prepared soil.  It is quite different now trying to hold that handful of tiny seeds and twirl them between thumb and fingers to release them into a spaced out tidy line.  I hope to get at the garden soon, if the monsoons stop.  

Have a good weekend everyone.

be safe, jb 

• Like 3

LAD    202

Good morning...nothing better then a sunset at the beach! Have a good day everyone !

ps...jb... The "boy" I taught to tango was my fellow Parkinson wellness recovery classmate...I have two of them and they are 70+ years old but we call them the "boys" 

LAD

35041913656_ed3cc7c486_b.jpg

Edited by LAD
  • Like 5

jb49    640

Good Morning to Anybody that happens to look at this thread.

Hello LAD, what a beautiful picture of a lovely sunset.  I never tire of looking at the sky. No two sunsets are ever the same, the moon is magical; how does a huge ball of Ontario Cheddar cheese maintain such an orbit around the earth day in and day out?  The stars are amazing and it is hard to count them all,I usually loose count at about 34,678, 896, 567, 498, 314 gazillion.... and a dark country sky contains many more stars than you can see from a city. Clouds come and go in all shapes and different textures.   A  rising sun is a great thing to watch.  Like a can opener going around the horizon. Or opening up a can of peaches,  Light peaks into the can, or the Earth, images take shape, the lid rises and you fish  out a peach and enjoy the sweet wet taste, the sun warms your face.  Our world is an amazing and delightful place.  

Oh, thanks for the clarification on the Tango LAD,  I thought that you were teaching it to one of your sons.  There is a local ballet school in Town that offers lessons for Parkies that seems to be popular.  Some of those dancers are limited to dancing from chairs as well.  Dance does seem to be a good excercise for us. I used to dance like a crazy man when my body was a little more nimble.  Now at wedding dances and such, I feel quite rigid, self conscious, and shy about getting up there and being footloose. Ha, sometimes I still say what the heck and go crazy.  Stand Back everyone!  Anyways, it is nice that you help out with the  dance classes.

Hello Em and Marcia, what will occupy your time today.  Got a good book on the go?  Hi Linda, and  Feisty,  you had a good long venty type post here recently but then have been a little bit quiet.  Don't be shy to put it all out there again. Hey Ella, I still haven't got that pancake truck on the road yet. Dianne, if I do get my diner truck on the road, I will drive to Seattle, swing by your house and blow the horn and wait for you to come out and get a plate full of buttermilk-blueberry pancakes and maple syrup. With whipped cream even if you wish.

Mr. Count, Papa Jack, not many men post on this thread,  I am starting to feel a little bit funny about that . I would be very happy to see you two, or any other guys posting here as often as you can.

TrailBlazer, where did that name come from?....Pathfinder, that is who I meant. I did a bunch of digging and cutting down sumac in a dry corner of my yard yesterday.  We dug out a bunch of rocks, roots and sod and put in some boxes to make a little herb corner.  Last year it was in the main part of the garden.  This year we can go to this little corner to get a  bowlful of salad cause we are going to put in some lettuce and a tomato plant in this area as well.  And a cucumber plant. I know that you worked hard to get some things planted last week.  I thought of you this morning cause my body is sore,( I think you felt that too, ) and slow today from the workercise  (is that a new word, from the Latin work and ancient Greek  excercise ?)  that I did yesterday.  Today may have to be a quiet day...

Okay, try to be safe and happy everyone,  Pick up that phone today and make a call to an old friend or cousin.  Take care my friends, 

jb..

Guys, please post!

Edited by jb49
  • Like 2

Peace    160

Hello everyone!

Looks like everyone is getting along well. 

jb, I think it's ok to have cookies for breakfast as long as they are OATMEAL cookies.

It is so hot here.  The weather man keeps teasing me about the possibility of rain but then we don't get any.   Plants are starting to come up in the garden.  DH watered them the other night---I kept insisting that we didn't need to because it was going to rain.  Glad he didn't listen to me or my weatherman. 

I had an interesting thing happen.   Our dog was in the timber behind the house and started yelping.  First thought was a raccoon but it was the middle of the day and by the sounds of her yelps I could tell she was not the aggressor.  Second thought was that she was caught in a trap but I couldn't figure out who in the world would be a trap on MY property.  All this thinking why running towards the timber and yelling for DH.   Well, what I saw would have never crossed my mind.  I couldn't see the dog (only hear her) but through the trees I could see a large orange mass of something jumping around.  DEER!  A deer was attacking our dog!  Amazing.  Anyway by the time I got to the edge of the timber the dog came running towards me with the deer hot on her tail.  I turned and ran so we were both being chased!  LOL.  I jumped behind a tree and the deer thankfully turned around but I could hear her huffing and snorting. The dog ended up with a red bald spot on her side (hoof mark???) but is fine.   The deer must have a fawn that the dog found.  My husband asked me later if I went down there to see if there was a fawn.  Does he think PD makes one stupid??  LOL

Well  my fingers are not real nimble and my arm is already aching so stay green, keep dancing, keep eating cookies and keep posting!  

• Like 2

LAD    202

Peace...I've almost been run over by deer twice in my lifetime.  Once one had been nipped by a car and was heading through the neighborhood and another time when I was walking through backyards on my way to school. 

Jp,..go dancing...it's good for us! 

LAD

• Like 1

Pathfinder    65

Peace, l thought for sure you were going to say SNAKE!!! Can you tell l hate them, every day going to my little garden l just know l am going to see one. Sometimes l do, harmless garden type snakes but my mind screams 🐍! Ha! Sorry about your dog!

Lazy day here. A little grocery run, dinner with hubby and Daughter and key lime pie for dessert. Not homemade but still pretty good.

JB, my little garden is doing well, radishes have popped thru the soil, and is there anything sweeter than those tender leaves 🍃 pushing thru the soil? 

Hubby is back to sleeping a lot, so we were so happy while it lasted, perhaps he will have a few days of being more awake while the family's here in a few weeks.

jb49    640

Good Morning

I trust that you all had good night sleeps, no restless trudging around the house in wee hours, finally taking more levodopa, eating a muffin and a glassfull of orange juice ,  and .then going back to bed to sleep in late.

Ah Peace, I love your animal stories.  That is crazy!  Wowsers..   And what a difference in ground moisture.  My garden was just about dry enough that I could almost roto till the garden late Saturday afternoon, It rained just about all day Sunday and the garden is very gooey again.  I might as well build some more boxes and plant more stuff in the corner of the yard that I recently cleared out.

LAD, you too have encountered crazy deer as well?  Are these the standard white tails which we have here in Canada. Ours are very well behaved in comparison to your wild and scary ones.

Pathfinder, we would get along fine.  I hate snakes, always looking out for them, I like pie, I like growing stuff, waiting to see green leaves coming up out of the ground, And I love it when my kids come home for a visit.

I keep all of my online friends in my mind, you are all precious and help me deal with Parkinsons.  Be safe in all you do today and everyday.   

jb

• Like 2

MarciaJ    262

jb, I always thought people wore high boots so if a snake showed up it's fangs would not reach the skin. 

If you want an animal story. DH and I went to McDonalds. All we wanted was a smoothie but no food. They had to make it so  we pulled into space for people who wait. There was a squirrel and he sat on hind legs and stared at DH. When he didn't get a result he pretended he was eating something while he stared at DH. No response from us.   So he moved over in front of me and stared. I'll tell you I almost went in to McDonalds to get him some fries. By this time we got our smoothie so we were backing out when he realized he wasn't getting anything from us and so he moved on down to the next car. Wish I'd got a picture. Maybe we will feel like a smoothie today. With fries. 

MarciaJ    262

My uncle could play the organ by ear. What he did with his hands I don't know. haha. Actually my uncle does play by ear but I couldn't resist the joke first. He played the church organ but don't know how long. 

We all have sad things happen in our life and this is how I cope. Tell a joke. Some people don't understand this because it seems like you aren't sincere. My DIL told me I shouldn't make everything a joke. Maybe she was right. 

• Like 1

Linda Garren    734

:-)  So nice how the person (parent?) could figure out a melody to go with this precious little thing's "composition."  

And couldn't you just have picked her up and squeezed her when she looked up afterward?  So cute.

Edited by Linda Garren

Linda Garren    734
3 hours ago, MarciaJ said:

My uncle could play the organ by ear. What he did with his hands I don't know. haha. Actually my uncle does play by ear but I couldn't resist the joke first. He played the church organ but don't know how long. 

We all have sad things happen in our life and this is how I cope. Tell a joke. Some people don't understand this because it seems like you aren't sincere. My DIL told me I shouldn't make everything a joke. Maybe she was right. 

Marcia, you are so funny~!  :-)   I wouldn't listen to your DIL, and just keep up the good jokes. Good one about your uncle playing by ear.  LOL!

jb49    640

Good morning everyone..

More rain today, Tomorrow  I may terrace my garden and plant rice. that is if the weather is nicer.  If tomorrow brings more rain, I will begin to build a big boat and I will call it an Ark. I may make it big enough to take the horses and the laying hens.

Marcia, I like your jokes. And only you would get french fries for the rats with a furry tail, commonly known as squirrels. And high leather boots are good in snake country.

Hi Em,  Nice to see you.  

Linda, the Piano players are amazing.  I remember as a kid, opening up the piano and watching the felts hit the strings.  What a machine a  piano is in the right hands. Do you play the piano/

Have a good day everyone! jb

LAD    202

Rain at the beach too.  Still better than rain at home. We are in the 5th floor-65 steps but who's counting? I try to walk them rather than risk getting stuck in the elevator. 

No crazy animals here unless you count the high school seniors here celebrating graduation with the traditional senior week. They all have been harmless & silly. Keeping us old folks entertained. 

Good day all!

LAD

Linda Garren    734

So nice to hear that the graduates celebrating their traditional senior week have been harmless--and keeping you entertained.  :-)  Are you in Ocean City, N.J.?  Atlantic City? Bethany?  Other?  I remember the weekend when my graduating class went to Ocean City, MD--back in the olden days that then seemed so modern.  Lots of fun..and sun.

Linda Garren    734

jb, that is ao funny about your having so much rain that you think you'll start a rice paddy!  What is going on up there as to rain?!  When you joked about returning from your trip and sliding out of the plane into flooding, I didn't know until recently what you meant until I happened to see video on the news of the flooding up there. Wow.  We had a long stretch of cloudy, humid days down here that I thought would never end.  But today is perfect--not too hot and is sunny with beautiful fluffy white clouds decorating the sky.  And no jets spraying out whatever it is up in the sky that makes puffy white lines all over that spread out like artificial clouds.

My grandparents had a player piano that we used to love when my brothers and I were small.  We'd put in the scrolls and watch the keys and the felt hammers in amazement.  I played the piano just a little, enough to play hymns mostly (fairly easy when just using the left hand to play chords and using the right hand for the melody).  Did you play?

I think we should get J from Grey Cottage to video herself playing the piano and post it here.  J?  Are you there?  And do you know how to play Maple Leaf Rag for this Canuk?

LAD    202
1 hour ago, Linda Garren said:

So nice to hear that the graduates celebrating their traditional senior week have been harmless--and keeping you entertained.  :-)  Are you in Ocean City, N.J.?  Atlantic City? Bethany?  Other?  I remember the weekend when my graduating class went to Ocean City, MD--back in the olden days that then seemed so modern.  Lots of fun..and sun.

OC MD ... I too celebrated senior week here 30 years ago!!!😳

Linda Garren    734

How about that!  :-)

Here in Baltimore the accent is descended from the Cockney who settled here way back when, and so this is the way people are steeped in that particular culture here say they are going down to the ocean: "Ahm gooin' downie aowcean, Hon."  Hee-hee-heee.......!!  The 'Hon" on the end is something really typically Baltimorean that is along the same lines as having pink flamingos in their yards...  John Waters (who is from Baltimore) made the movie "Hairspray" years ago, and it would illustrate a lot of this that is so hard to explain.  Have you ever heard of it?   It's a hilarious parody.

LAD    202
50 minutes ago, Linda Garren said:

How about that!  :-)

Here in Baltimore the accent is descended from the Cockney who settled here way back when, and so this is the way people are steeped in that particular culture here say they are going down to the ocean: "Ahm gooin' downie aowcean, Hon."  Hee-hee-heee.......!!  The 'Hon" on the end is something really typically Baltimorean that is along the same lines as having pink flamingos in their yards...  John Waters (who is from Baltimore) made the movie "Hairspray" years ago, and it would illustrate a lot of this that is so hard to explain.  Have you ever heard of it?   It's a hilarious parody.

is that the musical Hairspray as well?  

Peace    160

Oh how I wish some of you could send me rain. 

Pathfinder I love snakes!  They fascinate me.  I picked up a dead one on the road and brought it home so I could save it and see the skeleton.  I put it on top of the horse trailer with a piece of mesh over it to help it turn to skeleton faster.  A couple days later my DH said it was gone.  What do you mean it's "gone"?  Did it fall on the ground?  Who would steal a dead snake?????  I couldn't find it anywhere.  Some bird must have thought it looked like supper. 

I'm glad you didn't get ran over by the deer LAD.  jb, maybe the rogue deer were exiled to the US.

I always liked string instruments but I'm finding myself more and more liking the sound of a piano. 

Marcia-how could you go to McDonalds and NOT get fries???? 

Nice water tower Serenity Now.

jb49    640

Good morning, 

I can't play the piano Linda.  I did play trombone in the school band and I knew that when everybody else was sliding their tubes out, I should be too.  I have trouble playing the radio.  Peace, now I know where to send dead snakes. Can I get your zzzzzzzzip code! lol..   Lucky Em, St. Patrick took all the snakes out of Ireland. Right Em, did he send them all to Canada?

The sun shines today.  Have a good one everyone!