helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,291 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2017 at 9:08 PM, LAD said:

is that the musical Hairspray as well?  

I think it is.  :-)

(By the way, I don't like the movie and don't understand its popularity...  :-))

Edited by Linda Garren
Added a sentence

12 minutes ago, jb49 said:

Good morning, 

I can't play the piano Linda.  I did play trombone in the school band and I knew that when everybody else was sliding their tubes out, I should be too.  I have trouble playing the radio.  Peace, now I know where to send dead snakes. Can I get your zzzzzzzzip code! lol..   Lucky Em, St. Patrick took all the snakes out of Ireland. Right Em, did he send them all to Canada?

The sun shines today.  Have a good one everyone!

jb, so funny about your trombone playing.  

Would you send some sun our  way?  We're back to a cloudy, rainy day today.  Nice and cool, and cozy to be inside. My air conditioning is not working, so the hot weather we've had was so uncomfortable.  I think the thermostat needs to be replaced, so I'll get maintenance up to fix that.  I have extreme discomfort in temps above 60 degrees.  I'm wondering how many other Parkies have this symptom?  My internal thermostat has seemed off for many years.  I think back on so many symptoms of Parkinson's that I've had since being very young, and I just didn't know what was wrong..  I'm glad that PD is able to be diagnosed much earlier on now so that help can be given when it's needed.

Have a nice day everyone...

LInda

P.S.  LAD, I have new names for you and your hubby!   "Jack" (as in beanstalk) and "Muffet" (as in little Miss Muffet).  For some reason I find myself singing songs or reciting poems from years ago in my mind lately.  Little Miss Muffet came to mind his morning. :-)

45 minutes ago, jb49 said:

Good morning, 

I can't play the piano Linda.  I did play trombone in the school band and I knew that when everybody else was sliding their tubes out, I should be too.  I have trouble playing the radio.  Peace, now I know where to send dead snakes. Can I get your zzzzzzzzip code! lol..   Lucky Em, St. Patrick took all the snakes out of Ireland. Right Em, did he send them all to Canada?

The sun shines today.  Hav)e a good one everyone!

Last i heard jb yes St. Patrick sent all to Canada ( they say Ontario)..ha ha..still waiting for you to bring some sun or heatwaves whatever suits jb...

enjoy your day folks..em

Someone in previous posts, Peace, mentioned "how could you go to McDonalds and not get fries." It's called cutting back. I do get a happy meal once in a while. With that you can get almost anything. I save the toy for kids. Before grandkids I'd give them to DIL's niece and nephew. I have to wait till grandkids are three though so I'm getting a lot saved up. 

I like the happy meal cause I can get apple slices and apple juice and small hamburger and extra small fries (like about five) which DH likes it cause than I won't be swiping his. They have all  kinds of choices now which only confuse me. You have to know my family. I guess from someone outside the family you'd notice it but at least we girls can't make up our minds. People outside the family means someone who marries in also. 

If you are bored with this family talk I will give permission to skip it all. 

The pump is running. That means someone is using water. When we had our dog she would get confused at first cause it sounded a lot like a garage door opener and she would think someone was coming. 

I can't keep straight with who said what unless it is close to what I'm typing. Sorry, but if I go back and look it will take me all day to type this. 

Time to send this into the atmosphere. Good Wednesday to all. So that means hump day for all who are still working. To we who no longer work it's just another weekday. 

3 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

jb, so funny about your trombone playing.  

Would you send some sun our  way?  We're back to a cloudy, rainy day today.  Nice and cool, and cozy to be inside. My air conditioning is not working, so the hot weather we've had was so uncomfortable.  I think the thermostat needs to be replaced, so I'll get maintenance up to fix that.  I have extreme discomfort in temps above 60 degrees.  I'm wondering how many other Parkies have this symptom?  My internal thermostat has seemed off for many years.  I think back on so many symptoms of Parkinson's that I've had since being very young, and I just didn't know what was wrong..  I'm glad that PD is able to be diagnosed much earlier on now so that help can be given when it's needed.

Have a nice day everyone...

LInda

P.S.  LAD, I have new names for you and your hubby!   "Jack" (as in beanstalk) and "Muffet" (as in little Miss Muffet).  For some reason I find myself singing songs or reciting poems from years ago in my mind lately.  Little Miss Muffet came to mind his morning. :-)

Well I'm 5ft tall & he's 6 ft tall - was jack tall?

I shake uncontrollably when I get cold. I'm moving south as soon as we can. Heat is not an issue for me. 

MarciaJ- my dad used to get happy meals all the time & give my boys the toys.

Good day all!!

LAD

Edited by LAD

I love the Happy Meals too! Perfect portions, once every few months doesn't hurt, the four chicken nuggets are a different choice for me as well!

Out for dinner tonight with a friend, a steak at Outback is calling my name. Back to chores.

!

4 hours ago, LAD said:

Well I'm 5ft tall & he's 6 ft tall - was jack tall?   LOL!  Good catch, Muffet.  Maybe your hubby is Jack ON the beanstalk?

I shake uncontrollably when I get cold. I'm moving south as soon as we can. Heat is not an issue for me. 

MarciaJ- my dad used to get happy meals all the time & give my boys the toys.

Good day all!!

LAD

2 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Glad to help. Linda - I sent you a  PM but it said you could not receive messages 

LAD

I've made some room so that your message can come through...

1 person likes this

Muffet, I've changed your DH's name to Abe. :-)   Though "Abe" and "Muffet" don't go together so well.  Hmmmmm....

Edited by Linda Garren

Muff, DH's name changed from Abe to Edward.

According to Reddit's Ask Historians, "Edward" appears to be a popular name for tall people.

Edward and Muffet.....?  :-)

Muffet and Edward.....? :-)

Muffet and Ed...........? :-)

Ed and Muffet...........? :-)

None of the above.....? :-)

Why am I doing this..? :-)

15 minutes ago, Linda Garren said:

Muff, DH's name changed from Abe to Edward.

According to Reddit's Ask Historians, "Edward" appears to be a popular name for tall people.

Edward and Muffet.....?  :-)

Muffet and Edward.....? :-)

Muffet and Ed...........? :-)

Ed and Muffet...........? :-)

None of the above.....? :-)

Why am I doing this..? :-)

Edward & muffet....he's not an Ed

Hello there to everyone..this is a great forum for sharing whether it's laughs or down days..anyway sun is shining here now must be the Canadians as i met a few people this morning at our cafe very touristic here  and guess what?? yes all from Ontario my son and i thanked them for bringing the sun..long may it last.

Take care guys

em

1 person likes this

Good Morning World.

the sun is shining, the gardens await, fresh tomatoes, sure taste great.

Marcia, I hope that you get some cookies this weekend and watch a good movie.

LAD, I can't regulate my temp very well, always putting on a sweater, taking off a sweater.t

Hi Linda, Did you get Muffet and Edward all renamed?

Pathfinder, did you find that steak at the Outback.  It sounded like a good idea.

Em, I am glad that the Canadians took the Sun to the Emerald Isle,  Hope that you and Sean enjoy the Day.

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

jb

1 person likes this

More heavy rain this part of the world.  Storm came rolling in just in time for rush hour making for a great commute.  Oh well, lakes will be higher, yards will be greener, and water rationing will not be a problem yet.  So, it is really a good thing.  Especially for the plants we just put in for our garden.

1 person likes this

TGIF has a new meaning: Thank God I'm Fabulous and so are you! Wishing everyone a fabulous day.

Dianne

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, jb49 said:

Good Morning World.

the sun is shining, the gardens await, fresh tomatoes, sure taste great.

Marcia, I hope that you get some cookies this weekend and watch a good movie.

LAD, I can't regulate my temp very well, always putting on a sweater, taking off a sweater.t

Hi Linda, Did you get Muffet and Edward all renamed?  Yes--It's settled on Edward and Muffet, as per Muffet, below.  :-)

Pathfinder, did you find that steak at the Outback.  It sounded like a good idea.

Em, I am glad that the Canadians took the Sun to the Emerald Isle,  Hope that you and Sean enjoy the Day.

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

jb

Enjoy your gardening and the fruits thereof, jb!  I agree that there is nothing like a fresh, homegrown tomato (as opposed to the hard, almost-tasteless GMO'd ones from the supermarket).  Fake food.

11 hours ago, Beau's Mom said:

TGIF has a new meaning: Thank God I'm Fabulous and so are you! Wishing everyone a fabulous day.

Dianne

Thought of you....

34270123686_3fb301448a.jpg

1 person likes this

Good Morning Everyone.

The sun has been up awhile, but I haven't been.  Parkinsons has really altered my sleep pattern.  Or at least my sleep comes in a different pattern now.  Whatever, here I sit with a coffee, laptop, lapdog and CMT, (Old School) on the television.  I wll soon be awake.

Hi Murray,  Glad to see you here. I bet it does get hot in Texas in the summertime.  I was in Texas only once and that was in January.

Yes Dianne, you are fabulous. How are things in the Northwest?

Linda, you are so correct about tomatoes.  The things that they have done to them so  that they can be delivered from thousands of miles away to sit pretty and unblemished on display in a grocery store. Hardly the same fruit that I will be eating in about 6 weeks.  This week has warmed up fast.  3 days now with no rain.  I got quite a bit of garden and flower beds and flower pots planted and we even got a new herb area started in a dry corner of the yard.  

Em, Marcia. LAD, hope that you have nice days.

jb. be safe, be strong.

LAD, reporting the questionable post is the best way because if it is true (I don't think so) then they can handle it and have the police check into it. I don't think it is legit cause putting it in a PM is not the way to get immediate help. She should have called 911.

You did real good! Now don't worry on it.

Edited by MarciaJ
Added extra line to clarify she did good.
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, jb49 said:

Good Morning Everyone.

The sun has been up awhile, but I haven't been.  Parkinsons has really altered my sleep pattern.  Or at least my sleep comes in a different pattern now.  Whatever, here I sit with a coffee, laptop, lapdog and CMT, (Old School) on the television.  I wll soon be awake.

Hi Murray,  Glad to see you here. I bet it does get hot in Texas in the summertime.  I was in Texas only once and that was in January.

Yes Dianne, you are fabulous. How are things in the Northwest?

Linda, you are so correct about tomatoes.  The things that they have done to them so  that they can be delivered from thousands of miles away to sit pretty and unblemished on display in a grocery store. Hardly the same fruit that I will be eating in about 6 weeks.  This week has warmed up fast.  3 days now with no rain.  I got quite a bit of garden and flower beds and flower pots planted and we even got a new herb area started in a dry corner of the yard.  

Em, Marcia. LAD, hope that you have nice days.

jb. be safe, be strong.

jb, what kinds of flowers did you plant?  And what kind of lap dog do you have?  :-)

good morning everyone,

It is a Monday.   I don't like them, but they set the tone of the week that you are about to have.  If you have a bad Monday you are going to have to play catch up all week  long.

Linda, I am not sure of all the names.  we did get a nice herb garden started in a corner where the sumac had taken over.   We put geraniums in some pots for the front porch and back stairs.    Most of the work was getting the weeds and grass pulled from the flower beds.  

I am not sure what the breed of dog is.  I always thought He was a chihuahua cross of some sort.  It also appears to be part Rat Terrier.

I will have to post some pictures.

Good days to everybody out there,

jb   

Edited by jb49
2 many tiepoys. Is there a spot to edit my reason for editing?