helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Pathfinder    65

Afternoon everyone!

l have a Mandevilla, red and purple petunia, mixed pink petunia, a red geranium, a small pot of marigolds, lastly begonia! I also have a pot of chives, and large pot of dill, oregano, cilantro, Italian parsley, rosemary, and sweet basil. Love to cook summer meals with fresh herbs! All this and just started out with herbs. Must quit visiting the garden centers!

It's really hot here. Can't be outside for very long or you are miserable. Our grandson is spending the night, having his favorite dinner of Chick-fil-A, and a movie Captain Underpants! Fun times!

Have a great day!

LAD    215
On 6/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, MarciaJ said:

LAD, reporting the questionable post is the best way because if it is true (I don't think so) then they can handle it and have the police check into it. I don't think it is legit cause putting it in a PM is not the way to get immediate help. She should have called 911.

You did real good! Now don't worry on it.

got an email from admin...she was banned and I deleted the message

LAD    215
7 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Afternoon everyone!

l have a Mandevilla, red and purple petunia, mixed pink petunia, a red geranium, a small pot of marigolds, lastly begonia! I also have a pot of chives, and large pot of dill, oregano, cilantro, Italian parsley, rosemary, and sweet basil. Love to cook summer meals with fresh herbs! All this and just started out with herbs. Must quit visiting the garden centers!

It's really hot here. Can't be outside for very long or you are miserable. Our grandson is spending the night, having his favorite dinner of Chick-fil-A, and a movie Captain Underpants! Fun times!

Have a great day!

my boys read every one of the Captain Underpants books...must admit...they were entertaining

jb49    653

Hello Pathfinder,

Your herbs sound good.  I can imagine the smell them in the hot sun.  I don't have a  strong sense of smell thanks to that creepy Parkinson Boogey man riding on my shoulder.   My son introduced them to our kitchen when he came home from University with quickly snipping scissors overtop of a bubbling batch of spaghetti.    He  always had a bunch of potted herbs growing in front of a window.  I can sense your excitement about the upcoming visit with your family.  I hope that you have a fun time.

Today after lunch I came out of the house and heard a rustling of grass beside the backdoor concrete stoop.  It wasn't hard to see a long black,yellow and green garter snake that was at least 30 inches long and thick slithering across some leaves as only a snake can slither.  She had an even bigger bulge inside her stretched profile where some unfortunate creature, and I hope it was one of those striped rats known as a chipmunk, lay awaiting final digesting. I got my gloves and moved the snake across the road to a nice sunny ditch.  UUuk. I don't like snakes.

There was also a whitetailed deer in the little orchard field behind my house that I saw this afternoon.  it was only about 50 feet from me grazing on the grass.  We locked eyes, but she went back to grazing after a minute or so.  She sensed no danger from me.

Also with the cultivating of the gardens, lots of bugs and worms are being turned up and the birds are very happy for the help with feeding all those anxious and hungry mouths that they created.  The parents chirp and follow my path of hoeing and watering, gathering up exposed proteins that will feed those mouths that are living among the trees in the yard.  Each little family in its uniquely crafted nest.

It was a pretty nice day.  Tomorrow I go see my Movement Disorder Doctor for my twice a year checkup.

I hope you all have a good day.

jb 

Edited by jb49
I used too many adjectives and the snake may of come to life within my monitor screen

Beau's Mom    1,060

Good morning, jb et al. I felt angry yesterday because someone stole the sweet red pepper plant out of my pea patch garden on the roof of my building. I've moved beyond that. I thinned my green onions last evening and shared the extra sprouts with another resident who was just given a pea patch. I felt happy and he was grateful.

jb, reading your posts is an important part of getting my heart and mind set for a happy, positive day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Keep the good vibes going today, my friends!

Dianne

em45    14

Hey Dianne..would love dinner at your house sometime sprouts, onions and etc sounds yummy...

jb good luck tomorrow with your check up..guess what? Seán just got his exam results about an hour ago and yes did great passed everything after his 4year course so just waiting on date for graduation.

Have a good day everybody and take care

em

• Like 1

LAD    215
58 minutes ago, em45 said:

Hey Dianne..would love dinner at your house sometime sprouts, onions and etc sounds yummy...

jb good luck tomorrow with your check up..guess what? Seán just got his exam results about an hour ago and yes did great passed everything after his 4year course so just waiting on date for graduation.

Have a good day everybody and take care

em

Ditto on the good luck jp! 

Em- I have one graduating from grad school in August. He has boards to pass but he has accepted a job already ? My other two may kill me before I get to the graduation though...two car accidents in s month- two different sons and two different cars. Everyone except the grill of the minivan is fine which is what matters. 

Good day all! 

LAD

Pathfinder    65

Summer rain! I love it!! Very hot and humid today and rain is coming straight down with no wind. That will cool things down!

Making banana nut bread today, pasta salad, orange sun tea. Better get busy!

She-Ra    63

Morning y'all!  Getting hot down here in Georgia and I don't tolerate it well at all.  I should move to Canada near JB.

Had a weird experience at the dentist Monday.  I went to get a permanent crown installed.  When the dentist started the Novocaine shot, an electrical shock went radiating up to my right eye and ear.  I yelled to get him to stop.  The really weird part was the right side of my body started tremoring, legs, feet, hands... I couldn't control it. Normally, I don't have a resting tremor but I sure got the full Monty then.  I got up and walked it off and popped a Leva/Carbo right away.  It was quite disconcerting to say the least.

And, I fell crossing the street this morning on the way to work in downtown Atlanta.  My knees caught the brunt of it so no face planting. Can't say what caused it but I suspect I turned my ankle.  A sweet young lady helped me up so I wouldn't get run over.  It was embarrassing for sure but my knees will look sad for a while.

So much for my pity party this morning. I am fine but humbled.

Love you guys!

Beau's Mom    1,060

Good morning, She-Ra. Wow, what a shock that was at the dentist! I know PD affects oral health. It never occurred to me that a shot hitting a nerve could exacerbate symptoms like that. As for falling, I would be on the ground a lot more without my walker. Falls happen, Have a wonderful day anyway.

And that goes for all of us!

Dianne

LAD    215

My jaw starts to tremor at the dentist I warn them them dint have too long. I have hiking poles I use to hike but they have rubber bottoms so the can be used anywhere and they are collapsing. Compact to carry. My mom had a stroke recently so she's using them. 

Good of day all! 

LAD

TheCount    9

Hello everyone, its been quite a while since I have had a chance to pop on here and say hi! I have been really busy lately with work and running my son around with baseball which finally ended the other night, however he has made the all-star team so that will take up all of our weekends in July.

I have been on azlict now for about 2 months and after feeling nauseous for the first few weeks it seems to be helping a lot with the stiffness and balance issues. I have noticed that I am starting to shake more frequent then I did before and its in both of my hands (my symptoms have been primarily on my left side), my doctor said its not that uncommon for the shaking to be on both sides but since that wasn't one of my original primary symptoms its very frustrating and upsetting but I'm trying not to let it overly get to me emotionally.

Anyway I hope that you are all doing well and I am going to try to get on here more often.  

jb49    653

Good morning all, welcome back Count,  Good to hear from u.

I am glad for that Dianne, Congratulations to Sean Emma, that is wonderful he graduated from his course.

She Ra, come on up, lots of space for you in Ontario and I am sure you would enjoy the 4 distinct seasons. Sorry bout the dentist, sounds ouchy. 

Hey Lad,  Linda, Miss Ella, etc what do you say we all meet up at Pathfinders backyard for some banana bread and tea.? It will be a surprise for her..

Have good weekends everybody..

jb, stay safe!

• Like 3

Linda Garren    750

Meeting up at Pathfinder's backyard for banana bread and iced tea sounds great! :-)  Shhhhh.....Don't anyone tell her.  :)

• Like 2

Linda Garren    750

Sheila, I'm so sorry about your fall in the middle of the street!  I fell this past year and know and empathize with just how shocking and hurtful it is.  I can also imagine it was a hard day at work starting out like that, too.  Your poor knees. An unexpected fall like that rattles the whole body, so to speak--not just physically, but emotionally.  Sounds like between that and the episode at the dentist, you deserve (at the very least) a nice hot fudge sundae with syrupy nuts, marshmallow sauce, and whipped cream, all topped with a cherry.  I highly recommend TCBY's...

Take care.

Pathfinder    65

Everyone is welcome!! Love it when we get lots of posts like today!

Falls are so hard on our bodies. My tailbone injury is still very painful. I use a donut cushion for sitting to watch a movie, otherwise l could not sit still.

Linda, l want a sundae too!!!

LAD    215
8 hours ago, jb49 said:

Good morning all, welcome back Count,  Good to hear from u.

I am glad for that Dianne, Congratulations to Sean Emma, that is wonderful he graduated from his course.

She Ra, come on up, lots of space for you in Ontario and I am sure you would enjoy the 4 distinct seasons. Sorry bout the dentist, sounds ouchy. 

Hey Lad,  Linda, Miss Ella, etc what do you say we all meet up at Pathfinders backyard for some banana bread and tea.? It will be a surprise for her..

Have good weekends everybody..

jb, stay safe!

Roadtrip! Does anyone know where are we going to find Pathfinder and her banana bread?

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

LAD    215
On 6/8/2017 at 4:42 PM, Linda Garren said:

Muffet, I've changed your DH's name to Abe. :-)   Though "Abe" and "Muffet" don't go together so well.  Hmmmmm....

Maybe we should go with Fred & Ginger....that's our Halloween gig

35353295125_5c2a029ddf_b.jpg

LAD

• Like 1

Pathfinder    65
1 hour ago, LAD said:

Roadtrip! Does anyone know where are we going to find Pathfinder and her banana bread?

Ohio!!! It is unbearably hot tho, you might want to wait for pumpkin bread in the fall!

jb49    653

Road trip, Great fun. Dianne, we will spring you loose, you fly into Toronto, we swing down through the the North Eastern states, get Linda, get some ice cream sundaes, find Ginger and Fred,  Emma can fly into Washington DC, we will meet her, I will drop the car there and hotwire a school bus, off to the midwest.  Parkys on the Loose, the headlines read, state troopers and roadblocks, the public yells, cheers and banners read "Do all Parkinson People Have this  Much Fun". We scoot round by Atlanta, get the lady with the skinned up knees, 2 other buses join in the Parky Parade. Every day at lunch, we stop, put up our banners and demonstrate to inform the public about toxic chemicals getting into our food chain, the cost of healthcare and the global warming.  Our convoy is having some impact and we are shadowed by an army of black cars and men with dark glasses speaking into the cuffs of their white shirts. We arrive in Ohio, its cooler now, because it is October already. Marcia hops on the bus to guide us the rest of the way.  FF, the Count, PapaJack, and Ella, the parkys keep coming out of the woodwork to join this trip. Six buses now pull into Pathfinders neighbourhood and Peace follows on horseback.  The street is shut down for a block party. A fine time was  had by all, Pathfinder is a great cook and host.  We all went home after a few days.  It was a quieter trip on the way back, each of us with a different bagful of memories and hopes.

Take care  y'all. jb   

• Like 3

Linda Garren    750
On 6/16/2017 at 11:27 PM, Pathfinder said:

Ohio!!! It is unbearably hot tho, you might want to wait for pumpkin bread in the fall!

Pathfinder, that sounds delicious!  Love pumpkin bread.  And love the fall with all the pretty colors and earthy smells and clear, clear skies. 

I envision you to be a very gracious, caring hostess whom it would be a pleasure for us to visit. :-)

Edited by Linda Garren
  • Like 1

She-Ra    63

JB your post made me both laugh out loud and tear up a little. I would find such joy in that road trip!

instead of a sundae, I'm having incredible barbecue ribs with DH.

we might get a dipped cone later if I have room. 

• Like 1

Linda Garren    750

jb, I didn't see your post above until after I wrote my post about us all getting together.   I LOVE your vision of the get-together.  :-)  So funny!  As always...  If ever there were a person with an incredible imagination, it's you.

P.S.  The only problem with a school bus is that it wouldn't have a bathroom, which is something Parkies would have problems with. :-)

Edited by Linda Garren

em45    14

Here here jb and to  Sheila, Linda and anyone else looking in..i really need a holiday and coffee, walk in the woods etc....

Oops nearly forgot the dipped cone ..he he!

take care folks 

emma

Edited by em45
  • Like 1