helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,236 posts in this topic

Guess we need a central location?!  Guessing JB is the farthest away! 

Me-PA 

Well, we would surely love to have you with us, Em.  Would be nice to hear your Irish accent, too. :-)

Really enjoying this thread! Still unbearably hot and humid! Last minute chores have taken up my day, tomorrow family arrives and we will all be together!! Crossing fingers it's not too much for hubby!

Good morning everyone.

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads that read here. 

Pathfinder:  I hope and expect that your husband will rise to the occasion and that you have a wonderful visit with your family.

Well, it was a flight of imagination but a get together tour would be fun.

Hi Dianne, squeeze all the goodness out of this day and enjoy it doing whatever. You deserve it.

Be safe everyone.

jb 

2 people like this

Thanks for the wishes Jb and I concur Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers

Bard

Good morning! jb, thanks for the kind words.

I'm going to visit my dad today. He's 86 years old and has vascular dementia. He doesn't always remember me, but he can feel the Love.

Wishing all dads Love, Joy, and Peace this Father's Day.

Dianne

1 person likes this

They call it "rallies" . Abunch of campers get together. I only know of one. I guess people of like interest gather and I think it is out west. We were invited once but could not attend. So why couldn't we get together? 

We could all drop our food on the floor at the same time. 

1 person likes this

I had so much fun on our imaginary trip!  Thank you jb for describing it in such detail! 

Happy Belated Fathers Day to all.

shera I hope youre feeling better after your fall and Dianne I'm sorry about your pepper plant.  None of our onions came up.  I think maybe we buried the seeds to deep.

Hello pathinder, linda, bard, Marcia, count!

2 people like this

Thanks Peace. I am grateful that I didn't land on my knee cap.  My shin is turning an interesting shade of green now.

Feeling melancholy, don't know why.  Stayed home in my pj's yesterday. Me and the cat watched Law & Order reruns all day.

Same here ladies though feeling down i sat down watching re runs of Hawaii five-0 ..i could go to bed but after 30mins get up and etc..

take care guys

emma

Linda - we are not far from each other- I'll roadtrip to see you- maybe we meet in pairs- anyone close to each other?!

LAD

Crazy me in my Parkinson wellness recovery class!

not very Ginger Rogers but I didn't fall on my butt!

Edited by LAD
3 people like this

On 6/21/2017 at 8:28 PM, LAD said:

Ginger is about 30 minutes from MD line. And you Linda?

So let's see...  Do you mean coming down 83 South from York?  If so, can you remind me where (what town/route) you cross the line into Maryland?

I can estimate from there.  There are good roads (Interstate all the way when you come 83 South).  I would say the best time to travel 83 South and then 695 East is between 10:00 and 2;00 because of extremely heavy rush-hour traffic at the other times.  Also, after 6:30pm or so is good.  From Hunt Valley it takes about 1/2 hour or so to get to my place.

Edited by Linda Garren

5 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

So let's see...  Do you mean coming down 83 South from York?  If so, can you remind me where (what town/route) you cross the line into Maryland?

I can estimate from there.  There are good roads (Interstate all the way when you come 83 South).  I would say the best time to travel 83 South and then 695 East is between 10:00 and 2;00 because of extremely heavy rush-hour traffic at the other times.  Also, after 6:30pm or so is good.  From Hunt Valley it takes about 1/2 hour or so to get to my place.

It would be interesting to hear if there are others within a reasonable distance from where I live.

Yep...83 south 

good morning everyone, 

Shera, hope the leg bruises are healing up good. Hi Em, sunny skies today?

Peace, I forgot to tell everyone that on the road trip during a quiet day in Oklahoma City, you entered your horse in a local barrel race and you rode to a second place finish..(could of happened, could be fake news)

Lad, Good Balance!  

Linda, good luck getting that visit in.. that will be nice for you ladies..

Busy day ahead..

Good days to everyone.!!

jb

1 person likes this

As long as I can put my Duopa in your refrigerator, Linda, I'm good to go.

I forget; are we financing our travels with the Pancake and JB's Maple Syrup food truck?

Dianne

35 minutes ago, Linda Garren said:

Lad, please see the second question in the first sentence of my post....

Sorry I guess I cross over just past shrewsbury, PA....I take 83 the whole way into MD. Takes me 40 minutes to get to Hunt Valley. 

That help

LAD

Linda:  I follow this thread, and wonder about Shepherd's Spring Conference Center near Sharpsburg?  DH and I stayed there last June for a Road Scholar trip..  It was lovely. 

2 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Shrewsbury is 20 minutes from Hunt Valley.  .

that would be right because it takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to Shrewsbury from my house