helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Lonnise    60
3 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Re: the fireplace.  Perhaps there is a restaurant somewhere that has a real one that we could sit in front of.

Linda:

Rob, Mom and I just had lunch at Papas restaurant not far from you at all.  This isn't a resort, just a restaurant, but it has great food and a fireplace (but I'm sure the fireplace isn't running during summer).  Don't know if that helps or not.    Hope you are well. Best, Lonnise

Lonnise    60
11 minutes ago, Linda Garren said:

Hey, there, Lonnise!  I was trying to find one of your prior-mails to me to find your e-mail address, but it took me a number of tries before I could remember how to spell your name. :-)  I had wanted to make sure you were aware of our planning to get together. 

And yes, Pappas Restaurant has wonderful food, and I had never noticed it has a fireplace.  Probably because the restaurant is always so crowded.  Btw, they are known for their crab cakes, but I wouldn't recommend them unless our blue crabs are in season.  :-)

Hi Linda:

Beginning of September I'll be back in school and Rob at work, but we'll be with you in spirit.  I think gathering at Oak Crest would be terrific.  All the amenities you have - including pools, puzzle tables, libraries, and all those you mentioned.  Also, the center has "one-room" rentals you could book if you know the date and need in advance.  I've done that when we've gathered at Mom's but overflowed her apartment's accommodations.  Have a great gathering and maybe next year Rob and I can join you.  Best.

Lonnise

Lonnise    60

I think there are at least 5 or 6.  Call the front desk and ask - hopefully they still exist.  Good luck.

LAD    216

Jb49- where art thou? I thought of you today as I saw a waitress spill syrup while trying to carry it on her finger while balancing 3 plates of food. Spilled syrup and all it was an impressive balancing act but quite a sticky one!

hope all is well with the "good morning " gang! 

LAD/muffet/ Ginger

Edited by LAD

jb49    655

G'Morning Friends,

Sorry I have been absent.  But busy.  Gardens family Summertime birthdays, Life.   I will catch up to you all soon.

Be safe and happy, jb  

Beau's Mom    1,060

Happy to know you're busy in your garden, jb. That always makes me happy, too.

I just returned from an endoscopy under anesthesia. My stomach is red and inflamed but there are no ulcers. 

Today, I choose joy  

Dianne

• Like 1

MarciaJ    267

We are having some pretty mild weather. So we have some windows open. I kept hearing a noise and I always need to know what is causing any noise. It turned out to be a parrot. We put a little water out for it but it stayed away. We were going to try and catch it and take it down to the vet.  It went someplace else instead. 

My computer chair is also one of the chairs the cat likes. So she watches me and when I leave to do something else she gets it. My DH says if I want it I need to push her off. I just don't like that. I know it's a dominant issue. I hear the parrot.  Guess it went someplace else again. 

My brain is fuzz. I  just noticed my computer isn't plugged in.   11% is not good. I hear that parrot again. I think this is going to be a long day. What do you say to a parrot. 

Here is an old joke. I used this one when it showed up on a pencil and I left it out so my boss could  read it and to read the answer you would have to rotate it.

Why did the elephant quit the circus.? 

He was tired of working for peanuts.

This was a long time ago. I came in the next day and the answer was up so he did see it. I did get a raise. 

No PD talk here. Maybe a little. So when I filled the container with water I had to get it out side without spilling it. Ever try that one. ??? 

Beau's Mom    1,060

Marcia, I love your joke--and it worked! Awesome!

My favorite silly joke is: What do you call a Frenchman who wears sandals?

Answer: Philippe Philoppe.

Laugh even if it hurts. It's good for you.:D

Dianne

• Like 2

jb49    655

hello dianne, and marcia and the parrot.

I have been to San Francisco before and there are flocks of wild parrots in the city.  They fly around singing their song, looking for food, all the day long. 

On the news today, they showed a crow that attacks the mailman on the street in Vancouver that the crow has a nest. He has pecked at the mailman, scratched him and harrassed him enough that the people of that street have to pick up their mail at another location.  Cause the mailman isn't going down there anymore. ah

I hear a thunder storm coming in fast. I am going to unplug things before they get blown up by lightning.

Hope everyone is well,

jb.

• Like 1

Linda Garren    751

Hi, jb. I appreciate the "Don't be hard on yourself; try your best and be strong" saying.  It's hard to do.  But good reminder to try.

• Like 1

DaveN    430
9 hours ago, MarciaJ said:

What do you say to a parrot?

Polly want a cracker?

ellaangel2    191

Marcia, Nice of you to not move kitty, I don't like to do that either.  Sometimes, I think they like to sit where we have been sitting because it is nice and warm.  Kitties love warmth, unless of course, it is oppressive and humid, then they like the a/c going.

MarciaJ    267

DaveN,   I thought that too. So we went and fed the parrot a cracker. It liked it. So it drank a little water, ate it's cracker, and it flew away. It would not let us touch it. It did have a tag on it's leg. We couldn't read it. So in this case Polly did want a cracker. Maybe the parrot found it's way home.

It was an interesting day yesterday. I heard the cat meowing loudly. He has a soft voice so I went to see what he was doing. He was on the dresser trying to get his nose up to the open window. I open the window from the top so the cats can't knock the screen out. He could not reach the top and tried moving the curtain. He got his claw caught in the curtain. He was pulling on his paw but the claw would not come out. So he was twisting his leg. I tried pulling on his paw but didn't work so took the curtain and pushed it off. Now he keeps track of where I am. He didn't care for me before. What is that Aesop's fable about the lion that had a splinter in it's paw?

Dianne,  yeah and the best part is the joke worked without saying a word. We never spoke of it after.

Hee Hee. I love it when a plan comes together. 

• Like 1

LAD    216

Glad everyone is well! A year ago this week, I was blogging my way through northern Italy with my mom & sister. What a difference a year makes-now I'm helping my mom rehab from 3 minor strokes. Seize the day my friends-my mom would never be able to do that trip now.

As Dianne said...today I  Choose joy! 

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

ellaangel2    191

Kitties love to sit in front of an open window, they love the smell, etc. of fresh air coming in on them.  He will probably try this again.  They can be very persistent when they want something.

Speaking from experience, as long as screen fits securely, my kitty Ella (and believe me she is a mischievous kitty) never has pushed screen in and she sits at all the windows, I have a high chair at every window for her.  She is content at just sitting and looking out and sometimes "chatting" with the birds.

In my opinion, it is more likely he will cause a problem or get hurt if he sees somewhere he wants to be and cannot get to it (upper open window.)  It might be safer all the way around to let him sit at the lower open window.  Just make sure screen is in tightly.

As a matter of fact, all the past cats I have had have did fine with sitting at an open (lower) window, they love it so much, they feel content, it satisfies their need to get air and they don't try to break through the screen.  They'll sit for hours there and sometimes even fall asleep.

Just a little friendly "Kitty advice!"

Edited by ellaangel2
  • Like 1

jb49    655

Good morning Everyone.   I hope everyone has been having a nice spring and start to summer.  I have been stretched time wise and not posted very much as of late.  All is well in my life and I am still plodding forward.  Glad to see you Ell.   Like a cat, I too like to sit by an open window, listen the birds, and sometimes I fall asleep.  Be safe everyone. jb

• Like 2

Beau's Mom    1,060

I hereby declare that the Parky world honors jb49 on Canada Day. jb started this Good Morning thread on Canada Day in 2010. It has been a beacon for me on darker days and a true joy on brighter days. Happy Canada Day, dear jb!

Dianne

• Like 3

em45    14

HAPPY CANADA DAY jb..we go back a few years now..you and your family enjoy your day..em

• Like 1

MarciaJ    267

I don't know when Canada Day is. I can't find a calendar. So I'll just use today. Happy Canada Day.!!!!!

We didn't get the thunderstorm yesterday we were told we were getting. Oh well.

I do know when our  trash guy goes. That's important too cause we got raccoons in our garage attic. They or one - not sure- like to eat food we throw out. 

Got a lot to do today. :rolleyes:

Happy Canada Day!!!!

• Like 1

Peace    160

Happy Canada Day jb.

There was a large estate auction that had a lot of antique cars and trucks last week.  It was amazing what this man was able to collect over his lifetime.  There were pedal cars and signage also.  It took 5 days to auction everything off.  They had a 1929 Stutz that they believed was only one of 6 produced.  Jay Leno and some other celebrities were said to be bidding on it.  I watched them auction it off on line and it sold to someone in Canada for $122,000.  Were you the buyer jb???? 

• Like 1

jb49    655

Good morning Everyone.  So late in the day, tch!  I am slow today.  ThANKS FOR all the Canada attention today! Linda, so kind of you to link in the national anthem,  twice even! It is July 1 for the holiday Marcia. Thank you TMama, we have been friends for a longtime Emma, and wow 7 yrs Dianne,  I thank you too! Hello to everyone else, I'm off to the fireworks, thanks again. jb

• Like 2