helplinedonate
  • Announcements

    • ForumAdmin

      Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

      Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

      Recursos Nuevos en Español

      http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

      Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

7,291 posts in this topic

Good evening e

Hi LAD-y, you, or is it the turtle, are correct in saying forward is forward.  And  Attitude is a very big thing.  I can have PD and be miserable to the world,  or try to be pleasant.  Either way, I still have Parkinsons.  

LAD-y (above)  You must be very proud of your son advancing his education in health care.

Peace, the grandson , story is cute. Yours too LAD-y.  I have a similar one of my daughter.  She wasnt very old, I had to take her in the mens rm.  It wasnt busy, I used the urinal which was new to her.  She told me that she had to pee too, can I use that, and she pointed to the sink.  The world is funny through the eyes of a 3 yr old.

And my son, about 5 years old. We had to pick up 4 wooden chairs for our new table set to replace damaged ones.  They were in the back of my open truck and we were concerned about them if we stopped at the restaurant to eat because some one could steal them.  After a discussion which likely seemed like hours to a 5 year old we were likely ready to drive on to eating at home, Mikey said "why don't we each take a chair into the restaurant and just sit on them while we eat"  My wife and I looked at each other and laughed at our over worrying. The four of us sat where the truck was in sight.  Problem solved...

Im tired now, I will try to get caught up tomorrow.     

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning to everyone. I attended a four-day online retreat with the members of my church this weekend Three 12 hour days of Love and recognizing and releasing my blocks to Love is freeing. It also left me exhausted. Today I will see my Rehab Psychologist and my Podiatrist. Then I will rest.

Mental and emotional energy, even when positive, can wear this body out. I'm grateful for the experience and I love my bed!

Love yourselves today and treat yourselves with kindness.

Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning World.

Well,it is another busy day hatching out of the eggshell of nightime.  I am finishing my second cup of coffee. thinking of what has to be done today.  One thing that happens is recycling day. It has to be sorted into plastics and papers, cans and cardboard.  There that truck just went by, I missed it again, but I can check it off of the list of things I have to do today.  I need a new column.  Things that need to be done today but "aint gonna happen".  My Grandboy is here for 3 days again.  He really wanted to bring his friend with him like the last time when I said no.  However this time I said he could, and Ryan came along.  He is a good kid, an old friend of my grandson Nick.  I got a lot of work out of them yesterday, it was good. 17 year old boys sure can pack away the groceries.  They eat a meal with the fridge door open, while they decide what they would like to eat.  Ah, that is ok. I like putting up food for them to enjoy. I have been trying to get them up for the last 90 minutes.  I am helping my neighbour with the 2 boys this morning for an hour.  There will be howls of protest when I explain to them that there is no time for a bacon and eggs.  get your boots on and lets go.  I am such Meany. 

Nice that you got out for the weekend Dianne,  hope you get rested up and have another great weekend.

I better get going.

Good days to all ,  jb

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds real nice, jb.  Will add some fun to the hard work. :-)   Lots of fun reading about your day and your grandson and friend and your description of their eating a meal with the refrigerator door open as they decide what they would like to eat.  I suspect you are making fun memories for them even with all the work they are doing.  How could they not, with you and your stories! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a new brain problem. I changed my password and now have to remember it. Things are a changing. I added that 'a' on purpose.

Now you know why I have not posted. You might write it down but forgot where you put it. Maybe I should write it on my forehead and comb my bangs over it. It would have to be backwards. Then when I need it I would hold my bangs up and look in a mirror. That would only work once. It would wash off. I would have to change it everyday. 

Oh well. 

This is an old house. Floors creak. Spooky. One day I was in the kitchen when a clock hooked on the soffit flew off and broke into pieces. I asked my sister if she thought a mouse pushed it off. She looked at me like I was crazy. What do you think made it fall off.?

My DH put the pieces together and rehung it. It has behaved ever since. 

Hugs to all. 

 

Edited by MarciaJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcia -  Your comment "Things they are a changing" made me think of an (old) Bob Dylan song......"Times they are a changin'".........I'm really dating myself, aren't I!!

Don't think a mouse would be strong enough to knock clock down, anyway, you should have no mouses around, not with those kitties living there!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,  Good evening and bonjour, 

Hi Linda and Marciaj. 

It has been hot, its been difficult for the boys,  Today at 2,  I sent them to my sisters, a short walk up the road, to have a swim in their pool.  They were quite a while.  I had them cleaning out the eavestrough on my house today.  Lots of different things, but the heat and humidity and swarming bugs have dug into the fun factor. Its a nice change for them anyways, a different routine for city boys,  We will see what tomorrow brings,  

And Mighty Marcia,  phone me, tell me the password, and I will a keep it secret,  When you a forget it, you a call me and I will a tell you.  If I remember where I wrote it a down,  Maybe you a better tell Linda as well or just her, I think Linda is likely super organised, Arent you Linda.  That would be a good job for you.  Tell people like me, who ponder a new pass word and forget it anyways, what a good password would be and record it for me.  

And Marcia, we did miss you, and never underestimate a mouse, Mice respect the power of glue.  Now that they saw your hubby reglue the clock, that mouse and its ilk wont be messing with your stuff.  And a when I throw in the extra a's, I think that I am a probably a wasting a's  (computers I think often run out of a's), and being Canadian I should a been using this kind of ehs!  Eh? 

I return to this now.  How does the mind of a 17 year old boy work? I don't know.   Nicks friend received a job interview offer for tomorrow at 4. by text yesterday back in the city, an hours drive. .  My daughter was going to come and get the boys after dinner.  It was just lucky i overheard the conversation here an hour ago and I will take them back home after lunch

 

ps, Hi Ella. you got in there. Thats what happens when I start a post and then talk on the phone, put the dog out etc. The post was started hours ago before it got finished..

OK. good days to everyone!

 

Hello Ella

Edited by jb49
cause Ella slipped in between my starting point and endpoint and now I want to say hi to her
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jb49 said:

Hello,  Good evening and bonjour, 

Hi Linda and Marciaj. 

It has been hot, its been difficult for the boys,  Today at 2,  I sent them to my sisters, a short walk up the road, to have a swim in their pool.  They were quite a while.  I had them cleaning out the eavestrough on my house today.  Lots of different things, but the heat and humidity and swarming bugs have dug into the fun factor. Its a nice change for them anyways, a different routine for city boys,  We will see what tomorrow brings,  

And Mighty Marcia,  phone me, tell me the password, and I will a keep it secret,  When you a forget it, you a call me and I will a tell you.  If I remember where I wrote it a down,  Maybe you a better tell Linda as well or just her, I think Linda is likely super organised, Arent you Linda.  That would be a good job for you.  Tell people like me, who ponder a new pass word and forget it anyways, what a good password would be and record it for me.  

And Marcia, we did miss you, and never underestimate a mouse, Mice respect the power of glue.  Now that they saw your hubby reglue the clock, that mouse and its ilk wont be messing with your stuff.  And a when I throw in the extra a's, I think that I am a probably a wasting a's  (computers I think often run out of a's), and being Canadian I should a been using this kind of ehs!  Eh? 

I return to this now.  How does the mind of a 17 year old boy work? I don't know.   Nicks friend received a job interview offer for tomorrow at 4. by text yesterday back in the city, an hours drive. .  My daughter was going to come and get the boys after dinner.  It was just lucky i overheard the conversation here an hour ago and I will take them back home after lunch

 

ps, Hi Ella. you got in there. Thats what happens when I start a post and then talk on the phone, put the dog out etc. The post was started hours ago before it got finished..

OK. good days to everyone!

 

Hello Ella

Food, their phone/ipad and sleep...that's a 17 year old boys mind...unless there is a girl involved then it's a bit different.  My 17 year old eats 2 dinners ...one at dinner and one again when he gets home from his rehearsal at 10pm.  Food is most definely on their minds:)

 

LAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ellaangel2 said:

Marcia -  Your comment "Things they are a changing" made me think of an (old) Bob Dylan song......"Times they are a changin'".........I'm really dating myself, aren't I!!

Don't think a mouse would be strong enough to knock clock down, anyway, you should have no mouses around, not with those kitties living there!  

Yes, I thought it sounded like that song  and that is why I left the "a" in. But as jb said the "a" belongs to Canadians. 

I think you are right that with cats no mice. I still keep my eyes open for them. We need to seal all openings. 

More later. 

m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Friday Morning Everyone.

I hope that all are well and ready for a nice  weekend.  LAD-Y, I meant to tell you that I had a good chuckle over your Mom's solution to your Dad's laundry problem solved with the old underwear.

Hi Em, pretty quiet from Ireland.  How are you doing?

Dianne, what is up this weekend?

Texas Tom, Papa Jack, Dianne, Marcia, Linda, Peace, Pathfinder, Ella and everyone else. :Be safe , be happy.  Watch out for those that need our help.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 11:21 PM, jb49 said:

Hello,  Good evening and bonjour,  Hola, Juan!

Hi Linda and Marciaj. 

It has been hot, its been difficult for the boys,  Today at 2,  I sent them to my sisters, a short walk up the road, to have a swim in their pool.  They were quite a while.  I had them cleaning out the eavestrough (? Is this the same thing as a roof gutter?)  :-)   on my house today.  Lots of different things, but the heat and humidity and swarming bugs have dug into the fun factor. Its a nice change for them anyways, a different routine for city boys,  We will see what tomorrow brings,  

And Mighty Marcia,  phone me, tell me the password, and I will a keep it secret,  When you a forget it, you a call me and I will a tell you.  If I remember where I wrote it a down,  Maybe you a better tell Linda as well or just her, I think Linda is likely super organised, Arent you Linda. Well, um...er... I used to be. :-)  And I still try, and do the best I can with Parkie issues intruding on those skills.  I make a yearly, monthly, and weekly schedule and a daily one.  The daily one often has notes of all kinds on little pieces of paper that I put on top of the daily list to add in at some point.  Adding those in takes awhile, and then I have to delete from the day some things that really should be taken care of but just can't, and will have to wait to be done. That, therefore, always throws all the other days and the month off.   I used to be able to keep up with my schedule, from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, starting with getting up and going walking before work.  I'm trying very hard to start that again (the walking early in the day).  Also want to do planks and work up to 10 min. a day.  We'll see about that.  LOL!  Am going to be adding to my weekly schedule learning to drum, which is something that always attracted me.  This will be done through a PD research project that my MDS is heading up.  Also will be taking part in the same sort of project, but with guitar.  I used to play a little, so will enjoy learning more advanced things, and I think in a class of other Parkies may be a lot of fun.  That would be a good job for you.  Tell people like me, who ponder a new pass word and forget it anyways, what a good password would be and record it for me.  :-)  Actually, I can relate to having to really think hard to remember some of my passwords.  Especially bad if I try to remember them before I have coffee in the a.m.  :-)  I have for several years now thought I really should write them all down on a list that I could keep separately in my off-line files.  It's been a one of those a things that has never a gotten beyond a the thinking stage.  It would not take a long at a all, but for some reason I just a put it off...  Not a good, eh?

And Marcia, we did miss you, and never underestimate a mouse, Mice respect the power of glue.  Now that they saw your hubby reglue the clock, that mouse and its ilk wont be messing with your stuff.  And a when I throw in the extra a's, I think that I am a probably a wasting a's  (computers I think often run out of a's), and being Canadian I should a been using this kind of ehs!  Eh? 

I return to this now.  How does the mind of a 17 year old boy work? I don't know.   Nicks friend received a job interview offer for tomorrow at 4. by text yesterday back in the city, an hours drive. .  My daughter was going to come and get the boys after dinner.  It was just lucky i overheard the conversation here an hour ago and I will take them back home after lunch.

 

ps, Hi Ella. you got in there. Thats what happens when I start a post and then talk on the phone, put the dog out etc. The post was started hours ago before it got finished..

OK. good days to everyone!

 

Hello Ella  Hi, Ella!  So nice to see you posting again.  Linda

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jb49 said:

Good Friday Morning Everyone.

I hope that all are well and ready for a nice  weekend.  LAD-Y, I meant to tell you that I had a good chuckle over your Mom's solution to your Dad's laundry problem solved with the old underwear.

Hi Em, pretty quiet from Ireland.  How are you doing?

Dianne, what is up this weekend?

Texas Tom, Papa Jack, Dianne, Marcia, Linda, Peace, Pathfinder, Ella and everyone else. :Be safe , be happy.  Watch out for those that need our help.  I second that, jb!  So important--and something at which you excel.  Very impressive and very appreciated.  I especially like how you always remember to address each person individually. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 1:36 AM, jb49 said:

Good evening e

Hi LAD-y, you, or is it the turtle, are correct in saying forward is forward.  And  Attitude is a very big thing.  I can have PD and be miserable to the world,  or try to be pleasant.  Either way, I still have Parkinsons. 

LAD-y (above)  You must be very proud of your son advancing his education in health care.

Peace, the grandson , story is cute. Yours too LAD-y.  I have a similar one of my daughter.  She wasnt very old, I had to take her in the mens rm.  It wasnt busy, I used the urinal which was new to her.  She told me that she had to pee too, can I use that, and she pointed to the sink.  The world is funny through the eyes of a 3 yr old.

And my son, about 5 years old. We had to pick up 4 wooden chairs for our new table set to replace damaged ones.  They were in the back of my open truck and we were concerned about them if we stopped at the restaurant to eat because some one could steal them.  After a discussion which likely seemed like hours to a 5 year old we were likely ready to drive on to eating at home, Mikey said "why don't we each take a chair into the restaurant and just sit on them while we eat"  My wife and I looked at each other and laughed at our over worrying. The four of us sat where the truck was in sight.  Problem solved...

Im tired now, I will try to get caught up tomorrow.     

 

 

Give credit to the turtle! But I agree with him! And you are spot on...choose to be happy!

 

My son was amazed at my neuro evaluation-my DR uses the UPDRS. My "score " was the same as last year so I'm holding steady! I made an iMovie of our dance moves and my DR loved it especially since he was the DR who suggested dance lessons. I'll post it sometime. 

But I was a very proud mama - my DR talked to me and Adam. He was as he says "adulting" 

 

Happy Friday!!! 

 

LAD

Edited by LAD
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jb49 said:

Good Friday Morning Everyone.

I hope that all are well and ready for a nice  weekend.  LAD-Y, I meant to tell you that I had a good chuckle over your Mom's solution to your Dad's laundry problem solved with the old underwear.

Hi Em, pretty quiet from Ireland.  How are you doing?

Dianne, what is up this weekend?

Texas Tom, Papa Jack, Dianne, Marcia, Linda, Peace, Pathfinder, Ella and everyone else. :Be safe , be happy.  Watch out for those that need our help.  

Hi jb...not so bad here thanks just back from Holland yesterday ..Seán and I went for a week  catching up with family was lovely..and met up with friends there from Ontario would you believe. Anyway take care jb and everybody here..

Em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now