helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Hi all!!!!!!

Not much to say. But just stopping in. Wishing everyone good health. Or as good as we can get. Good luck jb, on the surgery. 

• Like 1

Good for you jb!  Please keep us updated because we all care about you and will be thinking of you! 

LAD  - your son is very talented.  I enjoyed the video.

Marcia-on an earlier post you mentioned job interviews.  I forgot how much I hated those interviews until you mentioned them. 

Dianne- Hope your appointment went well.

PF-Did you have a nice time with your grandson? 

em, Linda, mimilaster and everyone!   Be well, be strong and take care of yourselves!

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1

Big weekend in my corner of the world.... My oldest graduated from his Physician Assistant masters program and will sit for his boards certification later this month. My youngest finished his 23 production but it was the first as the lead. And to celebrate.... My middle son threw quite the party while we were out of town at the graduation. I still can't figure out how many people were in my house. It was relatively clean so I'm not going to investigate. 

Hope you all had a great weekend and here's to Monday being over!!!

LAD

• Like 3

Good Morning Everyone

Well we have has a little rain and cooler weather and the smoke has left us here in the lower mainland but unfortunately the fires are still burning and the smoke has headed east. Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Bard

Hello Everyone.

I trust that everyone has choked down their fistful of pills, recharged their dbs power packs and topped up the duopumps.

Bard, its official, worst summer of wildfires in British Columbia.  I hope that the fires soon get under control.

LAD, that was a busy/proud weekend for your family.

Hi Peace, Marcia, thanks for the well wishes .

Linda, Dianne, PF, and everyone else. Have a safe and happy weekend.

Its Friday, and whooo dont love a Friday. 

Be safe, strong and thoughtful of others

jb

• Like 1

Good morning to all!

In my life, some things are working out the way I would like. Others may never be as they were before. I find that acceptance of what is out of my control is the least stressful response for me with my PD. I find peace and joy in what I can do for myself and others.

I appear to be having an attitude of gratitude today. I love it when that happens.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Dianne

• Like 4

So true Dianne! PD has brought some unexpected good things into my life....life is different than I planned but it's still going to be a good one! 

Thanks for the reminder!

LAD

PS-JB- it was a crazy busy weekend and very emotional....but it was GREAT! 

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, back to "Good Morning," "cat had my tongue" for awhile........

JB - Sure do wish you Good Luck with DBS, I have heard and read about remarkable outcomes......"remarkable" in a good way!

LAD - You have a lot to be proud of, sounds like you have a wonderful family, lots of support too!!

Dianne - "Acceptance" is the absolute key to everything in life.  I have never been real good at this, I am working on it though, as you say, "it is the least stressful way" to handle life.  I have always wondered if being an only child is going against me in that area.........just a thought....

Edited by ellaangel2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also in a grateful mood, my hubby is much improved after a depression med change. He is aware more, he is awake more and progressing well with PT. It is so nice to see these positive changes. Praying that it lasts.

Let's hope everyone has something to be grateful for tonight.

I'm grieving terribly over my beloved 15-year-old cat that had to be euthanized this past March.  I loved him with all my heart.  He was just a little homeless kitten running around the dangerous streets of Baltimore City.  Just a plain little black and white kitty whom I didn't even intend to keep--just save from getting killed.  Little did I know how he would work his way so deeply into my heart over time.  We were inseparable. And I miss him terribly.

Good morning world,

Especially to you Linda .  Sometimes when sadness enters my life I picture myself as a robot devoid of any human emotions such as sadness born of grief.  I realise though, that is not the way I am wired.  I have been to funerals where the tears flow and my "Bush" relatives remind me that we are a family that, well as a cousin told me a few years back, "we Bushes are bawlers".   Bottom line is this Linda:  I have cried alligator tears over cats and dogs, horses and of course people.  Grief for lost pets is real. That was very nice of you to give that kitten a home for 15 years. With great love, we risk great loss.  But the day comes when we have to wipe our tears and square our shoulders and carry on. I send you a big hug Linda, an e hug, it will have to suffice. Take care my friend. You have helped many on this forum feel better about things, now that you need help, this keyboard seems devoid of emotions. But I try..

Good days to everyone else.

jb 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

I'm grieving terribly over my beloved 15-year-old cat that had to be euthanized this past March.  I loved him with all my heart.  He was just a little homeless kitten running around the dangerous streets of Baltimore City.  Just a plain little black and white kitty whom I didn't even intend to keep--just save from getting killed.  Little did I know how he would work his way so deeply into my heart over time.  We were inseparable. And I miss him terribly.

We grieved on losing our dog. But we delayed having her put down. Till one day we realized she was just in too much pain. Your experience is similar to ours. We also had two cats at one time. When they passed we planted a bush that would bloom the month they passed. I often wondered why dogs and cats have such short lives. But take comfort in the fact that he feels no pain now. Sending lots of hugs. 

jb, thank you so much for your thoughts and sharing your experiences of grief with pets (and people) dying.  There is just no way around it, is there. " With great love we risk great loss" surely says it all.  On the positive side, we can be thankful that we have the capacity to feel so deeply, and that we had a wonderful relationship with the pet/relative/friend over whom we grieve.  I find it very true in what I've read about grief that it comes in waves.  It hits us at times in indescribable ways.  Thank you so much for your thoughtful message and for the e-hug.   It helps.     >^,,^<

And Marcia, thank you for your thoughts and hugs, too.   I love how you planted a bush that would bloom the month that your cats passed away.  What a nice way to remember them.

Good morning. Linda, jb, Marcia. I understand your grief. At one point in my life, I worked as the manager for Faithful Friends Pet Cemetery and Crematory in Fort Worth, TX. Each person dealt with the loss of a pet differently. One elderly woman on a fixed income sold her typewriter to pay for her beloved dog's burial. I told her story in the newsletter I wrote once a month. We received calls from as far away as California from folks wanting to replace her typewriter. She was a writer, like me.

Grieving is good. As you said, jb, stuffing feelings is just not how we're wired. I strive to feel my grief, accept myself just as I am, then release it all so I can live and love again.

Blessings,

Dianne

• Like 2

"Grieving is good. As you said, jb, stuffing feelings is just not how we're wired. I strive to feel my grief, accept myself just as I am, then release it all so I can live and love again."

Well said, Diane.

Linda, my prayers are with you.  As you well know,  we are all a sum total of our experiences.  Empathy and kindness to others are products of our challenges.  You are especially blessed to be anle to relate to others.  Perhaps your little kitty was part of your evolvement.  Hugs.

NN

• Like 2

Dianne I can't help but think of how your empathic, caring, and gentle personality must have greatly helped the pets' owners.  And what a wonderful thing to get the responses to what you wrote in the newsletter!

NN, I do think you are right when you say my kitty was part of my evolvement. Thank you for praying for me, too.

• Like 1

The support everyone gives each other on this thread is awesome-so glad to be a part of it! Linda-hope you are feeling better!

I'm currently at the beach with my family and we brought my parents too. While challenging I'm embracing the time with them and my boys are as well. My son is taking my dad on a 2.5 hour fishing trip on the bay. I'm attending a yoga class on the beach tomorrow- I'm praying I don't fall! 

Take care & be well ! 

LAD

Linda, I really cannot add too much, everyone wrote wonderful responses, those responses actually helped me too, I have lost so many furbabies, my heart is badly bruised.  I went quite a while this last time before getting Ella.  I didn't want to go through the pain again, but then I realized, that I must love again, it is the only way to live.  Yes, I will hurt again, but the loving part makes it worth it.   We will have no pain if we don't love,  but what kind of life would we have  without love?  A very empty one.  

Thoughts and prayers are with you, I truly understand the pain you are going through.  We never "get over" this pain, we "adapt" to it and go on living with it.  It truly does make one more empathetic.  

HHi,ellaangel.  Thank you so much for your thoughts (and I'm so glad the responses here have also helped you). 

I agree that life would be an empty one without the love and comfort we gain from our beloved pets, wouldn't it.  This morning I was having some problems as I woke up, and my kitty Dusty came and showed concern, like he wondered what to do. Then he lay down and cuddled up next to me and kept watch until he knew I was okay.  It was so touching.  And so indicative of the little souls that God has given them.

Same here LAD and to everybody..having down days so cheers and take care guys..

Em

• Like 1

I am in less pain today than the past two days, as documented in two Facebook posts:

I am in the Evergreen Health ED because my G-J tube fell out about two hours ago. I had severe stomach dystonia all day yesterday. It looks like I'll be back on pills for awhile until I can have a Jejunostomy tube surgically implanted. PD strikes again. Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 10:55 AM

I am happy to report that I survived the reinsertion of the G-J tube yesterday without anesthesia or even anti-anxiety medication. I was without Duopa for about four hours and the dystonia in my stomach was reignited by all of the poking around. I have pain medicine to take. I slept most of the afternoon and evening, then all night. I am grateful, grateful, grateful for Duopa. Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 7:15 AM
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 10:44 PM, LAD said:

I'm currently at the beach with my family and we brought my parents too. While challenging I'm embracing the time with them and my boys are as well. My son is taking my dad on a 2.5 hour fishing trip on the bay. I'm attending a yoga class on the beach tomorrow- I'm praying I don't fall! 

Take care & be well !  It sounds delightful, Ginger Muffet.  So nice that you took your parents with you.  It probably means a lot to them.  :-)  A nice family memory for you all.

LAD

Dianne, tough, tough times you have been going through, so it's good to hear the 5ube has been successfully re-implanted.   Also good to know you have pain meds to help in the interim between surgery and healing.  They can be such a blessing when needed.  Am praying for you right now, especially for your comfort, healing, getting the surgery set up and done soon, and remembering Who is right beside you as you go through all of this.  I think this is a "Footprints in the Sand" situation.  Are you familiar with that poem?

Love and hugs to you,

Linda

Edited by Linda Garren
  • Like 1