helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Good Morning Carol. Little Big John: Now there is a name that made me laugh!

Emma, how are things going for you. Hope this will be a fruitful day for you.

Howleen, what is the pack up to today:

Maybe today everyone will be stress free, shake free, and nobody asks "what is wrong with your hand?" Be strong everybody, keep your chin up and do your best. That is all we can do. LBJ, haha

Evening all, i'm back from sunny Turkey have had a fab time. Lots of sun, the pools (17 of them!!!) were lovely and warm, food great and no work all week - heaven. Now back to reality. Have been reading through this thread - Marcia - don't know about 6th sense - I swear I have no sense any more. To such an extent that I forgot we needed tickets to get on the plane on the way home - scary moment!! I think you do gain a different persepective on life though which is maybe like a 6th sense.

So. LBJ glad you also had a good week. How about Vertically Challanged but with a Giant Heart John. Rolls off the tongue rather. And hello to all. Em, sounds like things have been tough.

I'll bore you a bit more about my hols another day if allowed

nite all

G x

Welcome back Gazelda`Girl. No more height jokes, I am tall enough to reach the floor. Please do bore us sometime with stories about the "hols?" For a country that invented the English language, you guys sure mess it up. Glad to hear from you again, sleep peacefully. jb, Big John, Little Big John, VC with BH John.

Good morning Parkyville,

It is a beautiful day in Ontario today. While at the cottage last week, rain and sunshine converted my tidy vegetable patch into a rain forest not unlike the Amazon Basin minus the monkeys. The weeds grew in, vines ran into the lawn and I contemplate slashing and burning a new site. Not really, but I do have to complete the weeding of it today and continue picking veggies. To date I have been able to eat onions, lettuce, kale, boc choi, green beans, peas, lettuce, beet tops and cucumbers. Soon to be ready are the tomatoes, potatoes, watermelon and raspberries. Like a bear getting ready to hibernate, I gorge myself on my garden while the stuff is there and build myself into a walking vitamin tablet and my body is pumped full of goodness. (I sustain this level with corn, preferably popped with lots of butter and salt over the winter in front of the TV). Anyways, I think it is good therapy for me to pull weeds and hoe, bust the dirt and stress clouds and relax. Parky Paw is slow to pull the weeds, Lefty is quick like a machine. I make Parky do his share even if it slows me down because : see Use it or Lose it. My frozen right shoulder is much improved with the extra action that happens with the summer and maybe the glucosamine. I love my garden. It is exercise with a purpose. If any of you guys want to come by for some physical therapy........

I'm expecting somebody to have an extra good day today and maybe you can tell us about it later. Everybody be strong today, heads up high, and push forward. I looked at the stars last night and I think that Parky Karma is going to be particularly strong today. There!, can't you feel it. Have good days and be careful if any of of you guys are bungee jumping today. jb

Morning all, hopefully another sunny day today. jb, very jealous of your lovely veg patch - I only manage a few lettuce beetroot, onions and beans which actually I am very proud of but not quite in the same league. and i'm sure I read a study the other day about the hidden benefits of buttered and salted popped corn - I think it was in that well respected medical publication Whogivesahoot.

Anyway, thought i might bore you all just a little about my hols - we went to Sarigerme in Turkey - the aim was to chill out and do next to nothing and we seemed to manage this quite well. The resort was lovely - it was really nice not to have to cook all week and I started the week very well on the fruit and veg. By the end of the week I had degenerated to the chocolate pancakes and baclava but, like jb, I figured I had some brownie points in hand.

We had a day by the sea and went on a banana boat - so much fun though very painful when someone falls off on top of you. My hubby went paragliding but i passed - maybe next time.

After the banana boat fall my walking was very bad - I got kicked in the calf muscle on my bad leg and it went completely into spasms. A bit of a reminder of things but got better after a couple of days. Tried the gym once but it didn't agree with me so my daily exercise was a bit of swimming - very enjoyable pottering up and down the pool. Evenings were spent eyeing up the jewellery stalls and listening to bad singers and good comedians.

Both my sons came on the holiday which was a real bonus - the older one usually goes with his friends now.

And one thing to report - I didn't really do so much stretching on holiday and when I started my little routine again yesterday, I got to the rotational stretches for my arm and my bad arm was shaking like mad - something it doesn't usually do. And this morning? solid as a rock. So there you have it. Stretch and stretch again - this has confirmed to me that it is worth it.

Anyway, now it's back to reality and i've got to work tonight on the evening shift till 11.00 - yuk.

hope to hear from everyone

GazHol x

The trouble with going on vacation and not having to cook is when I get home I don't feel like becoming the cook again. Maybe that is why we started camping because you still cook when camping (that's why you take dishes and food) and it's so much work that you are glad to get back to the dishwasher and your own bed. I still like camping. Sleeping out with nature is great if you stay out of the poison ivy. Ok I admit, we have more extras now camping than we used to. I still would rough it but if I slept on the ground now I wouldn't be able to get up. So I'm using the PD card to get some extras. May as well get something out of it.

Hi Everybody, can't say good morning, I'm eating lunch now.

Grab all the comfort you can Marcia.

What is with someone falling on you Gaz, from an upper deck? Was it a tourist tippsy on too much punch or was it actually a swashbuckling handsome pirate swinging down on a`rope grabbing you around the waist with a cutlass in his teeth and rescuing you from a bad tour boat ride. Lie to me if you want, I can't verify your answer.

Howleen, Bill, Emma,: Hoowllo! Ever since Eileen has gone coyote on us, she hasn't had as much time to post.

A Good day is wished to everyone, jb

Good morning World, Whazzup! What are you going to present to me today? Bring it on, I can take it.

Carol, how is Ireland today? I would like to see that country someday. I love to stand on a shore and watch the waves roll in. Last year we went to Newfoundland on holiday. The surf was pounding at Bona Vista and we were staying at a B&B on the ocean. I was surprised that the man said often they sit on lawn chairs and watch the waves. I would of thought that it was old hat to them.

Anyways, it is off to work for me. Be safe, be strong, don't be shy!! Good day to everybody. JB

Hello everybody, gazelle welcome back glad your holiday went well..Jb, Bill, Marcia, Carol everybody have a good day..

Ems

Hi Everybody, can't say good morning, I'm eating lunch now.

Grab all the comfort you can Marcia.

What is with someone falling on you Gaz, from an upper deck? Was it a tourist tippsy on too much punch or was it actually a swashbuckling handsome pirate swinging down on a`rope grabbing you around the waist with a cutlass in his teeth and rescuing you from a bad tour boat ride. Lie to me if you want, I can't verify your answer.

Howleen, Bill, Emma,: Hoowllo! Ever since Eileen has gone coyote on us, she hasn't had as much time to post.

A Good day is wished to everyone, jb

How how howOOOOOO00oooooooo

I'm still here. just adjusting to some med changes. learning to be with my symptoms for awhile while I make some needed changes, Ugh! gonna hole up in my den!

Good evening...another nice day apart from the sudden downpour but that's good for the garden at least.

Marcia, the last time I camped out was in my back garden as a child and my 'tent' was made of bedsheets pegged to garden chairs. It had usually collapsed by morning. It sounds like you struggle a bit but still carry on which is great. I'd like to ask, you've mentioned a couple of times you are not on meds for reasons around swallowing but also other reasons? I'm curious what these are - obviously only if you want to tell.

And Eileen i'm sorry you are struggling with you're symptoms at the moment - I hope things improve for you soon.

Hello to Em, thanks for the welcome back. Hope things are good with you.

And Hello to DK and thanks for starting a new story - there are all sorts of possibilities for this one - i hope everyone jumps in

An mr JB - yes, pirate, tarzan, rambo all rolled into one!! Set to whisk me away but actually just managed to stun me instead!

And hello to Bill, as always spreading love and calmness to all

And a good evening to everyone else. I've had a good day, both pd and non-pd - what could be better.

And hi to 1of7 as always

Gazelle x

Good morning World, Whazzup! What are you going to present to me today? Bring it on, I can take it.

Carol, how is Ireland today? I would like to see that country someday. I love to stand on a shore and watch the waves roll in. Last year we went to Newfoundland on holiday. The surf was pounding at Bona Vista and we were staying at a B&B on the ocean. I was surprised that the man said often they sit on lawn chairs and watch the waves. I would of thought that it was old hat to them.

Anyways, it is off to work for me. Be safe, be strong, don't be shy!! Good day to everybody. JB

Hey jb, maybe the man likes to sit and watch the waves because they drown out his wife's voice. I shouldn't kid about serious things...we should never tire of beautiful scenes.

I am adding that someone told me that there are no mosquitos on the beach because of the breeze. Maybe that is why they enjoy the outdoors so much.

Edited by MarciaJ

good mornin all,its 3.55am i shud be in bed but im becomin nocturnal!! the weather here is CRAP JB we hav been havin mini monsoons,now the garden is like a jungle cause it 2 wet to cut the grass!! unless you fancy curly hair from gettin electricuted!!!! its suppose to pick up again,the weather i mean but wont hold my breath till it doz,and besides its not good for you holdin your breath!!! :-D ok nite all,hav agood day every1

Hi everybody,

Howleen, you stay put in the den tonite and rest, I'll snag a fat chicken and bring it back to you.

Gazaza, It may of been me that wrote the article about Popcorn in the WhoGivesaHoot Journal.

Marcia, my mirapex and azilect tablets are small. I swallow them dry all the time. But with a bit of water in the mouth and a little gulp and they are gone like a fistful of smarties.

Have good sleeps, j

Hi everybody,

Howleen, you stay put in the den tonite and rest, I'll snag a fat chicken and bring it back to you.

Gazaza, It may of been me that wrote the article about Popcorn in the WhoGivesaHoot Journal.

Marcia, my mirapex and azilect tablets are small. I swallow them dry all the time. But with a bit of water in the mouth and a little gulp and they are gone like a fistful of smarties.

Have good sleeps, j

Good morning all, it's 6am here and the weather is not so bad here carol for now... i went to the beach the other day and it was so refreshing as i walked and walked and lost all track of time.sleep well everybody

ems

Good morning World,

Carol, you not sleeping at night? We don't want you getting grumpy! Be careful with that lawnmower in the jungle! That walk on the beach sounds nice Ems, Be strong today, It is raining here today and I won't be working where I planned to. Oh well. And for everyone else, remember your pills, whatever they are, be bold and shake a defiant fist to the sky. Maybe a double Rocky fist pump. That reminds me of One of Seven. I wonder where she is, helloo are you out there? Good days to all and it's Friday!

Good morning World,

Carol, you not sleeping at night? We don't want you getting grumpy! Be careful with that lawnmower in the jungle! That walk on the beach sounds nice Ems, Be strong today, It is raining here today and I won't be working where I planned to. Oh well. And for everyone else, remember your pills, whatever they are, be bold and shake a defiant fist to the sky. Maybe a double Rocky fist pump. That reminds me of One of Seven. I wonder where she is, helloo are you out there? Good days to all and it's Friday!

Good Morning All...I'm on the road again...this time in beautiful Baton Rouge, LA. where you can almost swim without going into the pool 'cause the air is so humid. I was just telling my sweet wife the other day that I wonder what it must be like to experience a hurricane and this morning the weather guy says that a tropical storm is headed this way...YIKES! So, I'm making plans to leave out of here a day early and get back to mountains!

Em...so glad to hear that you had such a lovely day at the beach. Gazelle...sounds like you had a wonderful time on your holiday in Turkey. John...thanks for keeping us all going with your motivational wake-up messages. Eileen...hope that meds change works well for you.

Off to another meeting...take care...Bill

Good Morning All...I'm on the road again...this time in beautiful Baton Rouge, LA. where you can almost swim without going into the pool 'cause the air is so humid. I was just telling my sweet wife the other day that I wonder what it must be like to experience a hurricane and this morning the weather guy says that a tropical storm is headed this way...YIKES! So, I'm making plans to leave out of here a day early and get back to mountains!

Em...so glad to hear that you had such a lovely day at the beach. Gazelle...sounds like you had a wonderful time on your holiday in Turkey. John...thanks for keeping us all going with your motivational wake-up messages. Eileen...hope that meds change works well for you.

Off to another meeting...take care...Bill

Hi all, nice to hear from you Bill sounds lovely there.. hope ye make it back to the mountains safe and sound, Eileen hope all works out ok with meds..Big little John (jb) you always manage to put a smile on my face with your stories,gazelle, Carol, Dk, Marcia and everybody have a good weekend..em

Saturday morning in Ontario, commonly known as Paradise, Dear Wife is still sleeping and the job list isn't sprung upon me yet and the birds are singing. I've had a great summer for birds (when I start typing, I don't know where I am going, Birds?) at the backyard feeders and field. This summer, the Cardinals, Orioles, Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, Red headed, downy and pileated woodpeckers, doves, grackles, blue jays, hummingbirds, golfinches, red winged blackbirds, robins, bob-o-links, meadowlarks, red tailed hawks, wild turkeys and kildeers are out back to be seen and heard. There is also a small pond that attracts blue herons. Along this nature line (if anyone is still reading)we often see red foxes, coyotes (or is that you Howleen), whitetailed deer and once I did see a black bear. I don't let anyone hunt on my farm cause lots of people walk through it from the back and I think it be too dangerous. I've got Elmer Fudds on either side of my property that think I'm wierd about the hunting thing, but I've had people think me strange before and it doesn't bother me.

Anyways, last night I helped my neice move into a house that she bought with her about to be husband. It is sure different than the basement apartment and black and white tv that me and Dear moved into 30 plus years ago. Carrying in boxes, I realized (again) that I'm not the pack mule that I used to be. I have had two hip replacements, I have Parkinsons, it was the end of the day, due to be redrugged and I'm 52. It causes a swirl of difficulties to understand and when I stalled halfway up the stairs with a desk walking backwards with his father who I barely know and he is looking at me with eyes that say "why don't you just get on it and ride, what is wrong with you" I felt the need to explain and I pulled out the hip replacement thing. I was a little saddened that I was having trouble but I don't do backwards very good.

Moving right along now, Bill, you go on lots of trips. How about I come with you and carry the suitcases. You must be good at what you do. Actually, I am impressed with everyone's talents and accomplishments on this board.

So here is my thinking for today. Everybody here is relied upon by someone for something. We all have a role to play in the outcome of this, the third rock from the sun. No one will totally understand the impact that they had on the lives surrounding them but try your best to make it a favourable one. Even though we have a little problem, we also have duties to those we love. We aren't here for the ride.

Be strong, john

Good morning to all, looks like we're going to have sun here today which is good..have a good day everybody.

Good morning Emma, Going for a walk on the beach today? Wishing you a happy day. You too Carol!

OK, I wish everybody has a good day.

When I started this thread I was thinking that we needed a spot that was topic free that anyone could pop in for a second and say hi. You don't need an opinion, there are no arguments, there is nothing scientific to wrap your head around and good morning can take in everyone. That remains my intent: A friendly all inclusive, non intrusive spot that you can read only or ease yourself into.

Based on 4 pages and over 800 hits,I would say that you have made it successful and it would appear to be serving us ok. What I wanted to say is this: Some of the "motivational" writing that I sneak in can sound sorta preachy and I hope it doesn't turn anyone away. I too have my issues: when I say "be strong everybody" you can read "John, don't be a wimp". When I type "be bold and try your best" you can read "John, you back down from confrontation too easily, don't be afraid" and when I try to sound super positive, you are free to suspect that I too have my doubts. I'm not a phony but neither am I a saint. I have my dread list of things that the future may hold. I have my Capital B Black days. Ask my wife if I get moody. (And no NG, it's not the Mirapex talking.) Now that you are all ready to scratch me from the Christmas Card list, I want to say that most of the time I'm positive and full of good karma, ideas and fun. I love life and despite PD I got a great one on the go and I'm glad to share this space with all of you. I just wanted to say: When I get preachy, I try to inspire you guys too, but I am also talking to myself. If I get too gooey, don't be afraid to tell me to shut up.

And enough about that. Tomorrow, my best little brother Shrubbie and his son and me and my 10 year old grandson are driving back to the family cottage. Tues morning we paddle canoes across the big lake, portage canoes and packs over the hill into a small lake surrounded by crown land. We will camp overnite on a small rock island and spend our time fishing. Here is hoping that I can walk while wearing a canoe for a hat, the fish are biting and the flies aren't, and we all have fun. We will return on Wednesday. As a kid I use to pop over there often. This will be my first Parky trip. Yiikes!! How cool is that?

So I probably won't be posting for a few days. Emma or someone, please keep the ball rolling, be strong everybody, jb

GONE FISHING

JB, you make a difference and put yourself out there. That's not preaching. You have a gift for reaching out to people my friend.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the invite to tell you to shut up...i'll be sure to use that one soon!!!

Have a great time

Godzilla